Beam rifle mod (WIP)

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
The_Sandman

Beam rifle mod (WIP)

Post by The_Sandman »

I am trying to mod the Halo 2 beam rifle into halo PC. Obviously. There are a few things that are incomplete because i haven't had the time to do them yet, or I don't have any idea how to do them because I am almost a complete noob. This is also my first mod that is more than just swapping stuff. And I didn't make the models. I don't remember who did, but as soon as I find out i will give them credit. Also could use some suggestions on what else to do. There will be some screenshots at some point, but i don't have them right now.
EDIT: The model is from L33t's model pack. Its on the site somewhere.
FURTHER EDIT: I am now making my own model that so far looks like complete crap. So...
YET ANOTHER EDIT: For some reason, any model i make will not fire at all. It inserts fine, shows up in the game fine, I go to fire, and I get an exception box. If someone could tell me why, it would be greatly appreciated.
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT: Ignore the last edit, i fixed it.
If, for some reason, you feel as if you want this model, go ahead and take it. There is nothing good there. I you want to edit it, please give me a copy of it. I will give you credit, of course. This doesn't mean that I am done with the model.
EDIT: Here are some pictures
Attachments
Sniper.rar
The model
(50.62 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
A new and improving model
A new and improving model
A new contrail
A new contrail
Last edited by The_Sandman on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Now the first thing to do when you're being stalked by an ugly mob with raspberries is to...Release the tiger!" - Monty Python's self defense against fresh fruit.
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
guysullavin

Re: Beam rifle mod (WIP)

Post by guysullavin »

do you mean the Carbine (thing that shoots green beams) or the Beam Rifle Sniper? (thing that shoots blue beams)
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
hiheyhello

Post by hiheyhello »

No he means the beam rifle, the covie sniper, but he could of meant the carbine
Tural wrote:I like to pretend I have friends.
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

Yeah, I mean the beam sniper rifle.
"Now the first thing to do when you're being stalked by an ugly mob with raspberries is to...Release the tiger!" - Monty Python's self defense against fresh fruit.
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

The contrail is pink, isn't it?
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

Philly wrote:The contrail is pink, isn't it?
No, blue.

The model needs a lot of work.
Upload the pictures to http://imageshack.us/ next time, not to this site.
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

I know the model needs a lot of work. In fact I've deleted that model and started all over. And it is also my first model, so don't expect great things.
MoDFox

Post by MoDFox »

Just take your time and you should be okay.
botternub

Post by botternub »

looks like a black triangle
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

Did you mean triangular prism?

Looking good.
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

I could only hope you're being sarcastic. I have stopped working on this model for now because I figured it was a good idea to learn how to remodel before making a model. Hence one other topic I posted.