Play Silent Cartographer MP on PAL

Halo Xbox (PAL) uploads. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Never upload a full map, use PPF always.
viralplatipuss

Play Silent Cartographer MP on PAL

Post by viralplatipuss »

Just to let anyone out there no, if you run the Pal > NTSC patches (found as sticky in the halo pal section) on default.xbe and Ui.map then patch your newly patched default.xbe with the ppf from the silent cartog MP download for NTSC and FTP em 2 ur box with the silent cartog prisoner.map with it in a new maps directory (also has to contain Ui.map) then run that using ur pal xbox and play prisoner multiplayer you will be able to play silent cartographer MP

just incase u didnt no :wink:

if this made ne sense??
magenuss

Post by magenuss »

repeat that slowly please.

cause it seems like you really know how so tell us!

step 1
step 2

etc

please do it! i love that map
Laugh it up yomama
adamscybot

Post by adamscybot »

I picked up on it. Here. step by step by step ;)

1. Install and run the PAL to NTSC patches. Youc an download them in this very files forum (The post is pinned so its at the top)

2. Then just use the default.xbe patch from the silent cartographer --> mp post. (so now you've got a default.xbe thats been patched twice. Once to make it ntsc. Then again for the mod)

3. Do whatever else your ment to install for the mod

4. Run halo and load the level named prisoner.

Mayby thats clearer :)
viralplatipuss

Post by viralplatipuss »

Once again just for you beginig noobies who dont no where to put the files.

1. Create a folder on ur desktop called "halo NTSC"

2. Create a folder inside that called maps

3. Put the halo disc (PAL) in ur xbox on the evox screen and FTP default.xbe to ur halo NTSC folder and the Ui.map ( found inside maps folder) to ur Halo NTSC/maps folder.

4. Download the PAL>NTSC patches

5.Run ppf-o-matic and patch default.xbe (inside Halo NTSC folder) with the defaultxbe patch

6. Then patch the Ui.map (inside Halo NTSC folder) with the uimap patch.

7. Download the silent cartographer MP map from the NTSC downloads section.

8. Now patch the deafult.xbe (inside Halo NTSC folder) with the ppf from the silent cartographer MP download.

9. Now place the prisinor.map from the silent cartographer MP download inside the halo NTSC/maps folder

10. Run evox on ur xbox and FTP the halo NTSC folder to ur E:/games directory.

11. Reboot Evox and goto launch menu>games and choose Halo, if u already have a copy of halo in there the NTSC one should be the second one down.

12. Start multiplayer and for the map choose prisinor

13. Jump up and down when u suddenly realise ur in the silent cartographer level with flyable pelicans,banshees and wraiths!

Hope that was clear enough for a complete n00b to grasp.

If anyone finds a way of opening the prisinor.map in spark edit please tell me as on my pc it wont load!

-----
viral
Ricko

Post by Ricko »

Wow that is such a cool map btw with all the other ntsc maps you can just change the build number and it will work but in some ways this is better :P

Thanks again and man im gunna have a mean lan in the weekend but how do you make it so there are warthogs instead of wraiths

and about sparkediting this map , it cant be done becuase of the ai in it :x
viralplatipuss

Post by viralplatipuss »

Thnx for that.

About the Warthog thing i believe...

U have to open the map in HMT and goto the [Vehi] tag click on wraith and chose swap then click warthog. Re-compress the map and shove it back onto the box and there should be warthogs instead of wraiths.

I havent tried this but i believe it shud work

-----
viral