Master Chief's color and map compression

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
Garzahd

Master Chief's color and map compression

Post by Garzahd »

Is it possible to make Master Chief take on the color you select in your profile (the one that's normally reserved for multiplayer)? I tried injecting the multiplayer biped but that only made him turn white. I've also tried messing with the shaders to no effect. Is this something that can't be passed on to a campaign map?

I can't decompress or compress campaign maps on my PC. Could it be because my computer doesn't have enough RAM? Multiplayer maps work fine. I'm using DotHalo.
Halomonks.net ~Sophisticated Gaming Discussion
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

It's been stated that compressing single player maps after injection will not allow it to work on the xbox. I've had it work, but it seems more or less random if it will work.

For your question though, you can't choose what team you will be for multiplayer. What you can do is edit the color of masterchief's bitmap to the color you choose. You can however mess with the shaders to get a desired effect as well. I'm not sure which shaders you messed with so I can't help much in that at the moment without more detail.
Garzahd

Post by Garzahd »

Well, the campaign maps I'm try to compress/decompress aren't modified at all. It could be that I'm just not being patient enough, and that if I let DotHalo run for an hour or so they will eventually decompress.

As for the other answer, I'm not trying to alter his team color in multiplayer. I'm trying to get him to take on the color I select in my profile in campaign.

It would help if I knew what tag allows for this in multiplayer map that isn't doing this in a campaign map.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Garzahd wrote:Well, the campaign maps I'm try to compress/decompress aren't modified at all. It could be that I'm just not being patient enough, and that if I let DotHalo run for an hour or so they will eventually decompress.
Use HHT. I'm not sure on dothalo and it's method of compression/decompression. But I definitely suggest HHT.
Garzahd wrote:As for the other answer, I'm not trying to alter his team color in multiplayer. I'm trying to get him to take on the color I select in my profile in campaign.
Unless you are extremely good at tooling around with the main menu and/or the default.xbe I don't think this will be available to you. Like I said, just edit his armor bitmap. It's in every single .map file. Even campaign.
Garzahd wrote:It would help if I knew what tag allows for this in multiplayer map that isn't doing this in a campaign map.
It isn't a tag. It's the setup the UI has for multiplayer and campaign.
Garzahd

Post by Garzahd »

Thanks for the help, I'm going to poke around in the mainmenu a bit. I'm taking a class in assembly language next semester, which according to adolif is very similar to hex. So, I might be able to figure this out later even if I can't right now.