Playing as an Elite

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
Keeywi

Playing as an Elite

Post by Keeywi »

i followed the tutorial
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=74064

but it still doesnt work it freezes when i choose the gametype.

and yes, i cleared the cache
thinkreddie

Post by thinkreddie »

That tutorial is wrong. You can't compress a map after a recursive injection and expect it to work... You'll need to do a rebuild.
Keeywi

Post by Keeywi »

ty
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

thinkreddie wrote:That tutorial is wrong. You can't compress a map after a recursive injection and expect it to work... You'll need to do a rebuild.
Please tell me that's a joke. If not, then you are severly mistaken. I've done that to multiplayer as well as single player maps and it's worked.
thinkreddie

Post by thinkreddie »

I wasn't joking.
HHT fubars the loneids on some tags during the recursive injection process -- this may (or may not) screw up the compression process. Either way, I've never gotten any model in a map to load without freezing the game when compressed after a recursive injection.

Keeywi, if the rebuild doesn't fix your problem, you may want to check the loneids with xinject.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Odd. Usually when I attempt a rebuild it errors and then I have to start over. lol kinda interesting one method works for me and the other works for you. Whatever works.