New maps using objects?

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
BattleSkarz

New maps using objects?

Post by BattleSkarz »

now, i'm not terribly knowledgeable on this topic, so this may sound kind of stupid. i know you can't edit geometry on a halo map, but would it be possible, perhaps, to make a very large, map like object out of say, a tree, place it using sparkedit, and thus, create a new map? it all seems relatively logical in my head, but i'm not sure. could somebody clarify?

Also, is there by any chance a newer version of sparkedit, or plugin, or a patch, or something to fix the interface? maybe just some hotkeys i don't know about? the interface is horrendous...
UNIVERSAL GAMETYPE GROUP!
Because some people out there in our nation... don't have maps.
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

This has been done for Halo CE to Trial (I think :? ), but not knowing the limitations of Halo 2 Xbox, I'd say it's a possibilty.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Silly Philly, this is Xbox Halo1. And to answer your question Battle, it can be done. Many times actually. You would probably want to find a better object that a tree to make the map out of though. But you mean just keep spawning scenery or machines or something and shape them into some kind of room or large area to play in correct?
BattleSkarz

Post by BattleSkarz »

well, yeah, i know that's possible, i've done it before.

what i'm talking about, however, is actually remodeling an object so that it resembles a play area.

although, i could be wrong, but i believe you have to preserver the exact number of vertices in the models...
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

You have to keep the same number of vertices, so you could remodel it, but even with that, it will still have the same collision model as the stock piece, unless you edit that, which you cant do in a modeller (i believe it's done in hex)
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

BattleSkarz wrote:well, yeah, i know that's possible, i've done it before.

what i'm talking about, however, is actually remodeling an object so that it resembles a play area.

although, i could be wrong, but i believe you have to preserver the exact number of vertices in the models...
I can't teach you how but if you want, you can remodel the object, and it's collision model. Inject it into a CE map and i'll convert it to xbox for you.
BattleSkarz

Post by BattleSkarz »

hmmm... a bit more complicated then.

i don't know. this is starting to seem alot more difficult than i intended.

i'll think about it.
Samusaaron3

Post by Samusaaron3 »

Two words: log mod

Oh how I miss the old days...