Automagical Cache Clearing

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
jimmygoon

Automagical Cache Clearing

Post by jimmygoon »

So, CXE/NMP2 automatically clear the cache. At first I thought this was due to the nature of how the maps are stored in different directories, but this is not the case.

Since then I read something about build numbers. So, that makes sense, the build numbers differ so the game reloads completely. I'm making an ultimate disc that has 10 map packs on it, some of which already auto clear some of which don't.

Basically, I need to know *what* build numbers to change, and where to change them. Are they changed in the XBE or in the maps (and then do I need to change ALL of them or just the ui.map build version). (After looking at hmpi it looks as if its build number for the xbes are intentionally different. I'll poke at default.xbe a bit more with winhex)

Thanks!

edit: I'm considering making patches for all of these maps and then releasing some sort of super hmpi with all 10 map packs linked together using ac's hmpinstaller. Would people have interest in that? It would require enough free space. (Or I could... provide access to a premade ISO if that would be easier and people would want it? Or is h1 just dead?)

edit2: just so there's no confusion these aren't my map packs, I'm not combining them onto one disc for friends!

edit3: Well, my answer is both. Search the nmp20.xbe files and the ui.map and prisoner.map for the string 2274 (which is the build number given to hmpi which must automate the whoooole process - props AngryCamel!) and it is evident that I will have to go change these numbers in LOTS of places.... ugh yet :D

Maybe it WOULD be easier just to create the patches and let hmpi do the rest...

Heh, I'm not sure if angrycamel could rock any more:
http://angrycamel.com/projects_page/hal ... n-utility/

:D