Halo CE to XBOX Conversions

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
mister2

Articulatist 50

Halo CE to XBOX Conversions

Post by mister2 »

hi.
i've been recently modelling in 3dsmax, and have some maps in halo ce.
but they're useless to me in halo ce.
i need them on xbox. asap.
anyone feel like pointing me in the direction of a conversion tutorial?
i tried search. please don't tell me i didn't.
i saw a lot of stuff about converted maps, packs of converted maps, yadda yadda. i don't know if the process is documented anywhere, but i don't have the time/knowhow to learn it on my own.
so how the crap do i go about converting my halo pc/ce maps to halo1xbox maps?

no flaming allowed. :D
Signature under the limit.
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

There isn't a tutorial to do it right now. Most of those maps you see converted are converted by using a program that isn't released.
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
mister2

Articulatist 50

Post by mister2 »

hmm... well that's a helpful answer, but as you can imagine, it doesn't put me in a much better situation.
there's gotta be a way to do it manually, if there's a program that's doing it for people.
i'm not out to steal people's software or share it either, and i'd understand if no one would share it with me as well.
unfortunately for me, i'm just as protective of what i create and wouldn't release a partial map to anyone, and i gotta play them on split screen for testing purposes.
i'm still learning 3dsmax, but i've got some maps in the works that should have a lasting gameplay value on par with maps from the original halo 1 - chillout, prisoner, damnation, etc. i won't be making maps a hundred and twelve times the size of blood gulch, i'm looking to make competitive maps, mainly because the MLG halo 1 community will surely die in a few years, or months :( if nothing good comes out soon.
ANY help would be appreciated. i don't care if i need to learn more about hex editing. plz :(
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Good luck finding somebody to walk you through it...or atleast making a tutorial for you. Most of the people who know how, don't come around anymore. Or atleast don't show their faces lol.
{KaS} Korori

Post by {KaS} Korori »

Ya, You wont find anything about custom maps to xbox. Just like llama_juice said the
There isn't a tutorial to do it right now. Most of those maps you see converted are converted by using a program that isn't released.
Sorry man all i can say is mod a map that is already made.
Please visit my forum and sign up. Ask question, request maps on xbox.
Establish in 2003 Visit my clan at kororigaming.com/kasclan
mister2

Articulatist 50

Post by mister2 »

i got it figured out and working.
thanks though for the responses and attempted help guys :)

i'll be releasing a good number of maps in the coming months after they get tested by myself and my mlg buddies.

lookout for new threads with downloadable stuff.

warning:

they will be small maps. they won't be 12 miles long. there won't be any vehicles. they will all be pistol and AR starts. don't wait around if you're expecting giant maps. these will be directed towards competitive play.

thanks again :D
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

mister2 wrote:i got it figured out and working.
thanks though for the responses and attempted help guys :)

i'll be releasing a good number of maps in the coming months after they get tested by myself and my mlg buddies.

lookout for new threads with downloadable stuff.

warning:

they will be small maps. they won't be 12 miles long. there won't be any vehicles. they will all be pistol and AR starts. don't wait around if you're expecting giant maps. these will be directed towards competitive play.

thanks again :D
Would you mind filling us in on how you learned how to do this?
mister2

Articulatist 50

Post by mister2 »

normally i wouldn't mind giving more detail, but according to all of you, it's pretty hush hush.

i will say that i went searching thru my old archive of apps from around 2004/2005, and found something to help me out. i dunno if its the secret app or whatever, cuz i did get it from the old halomods utilities section, but i'll assume it's a possibility and shutup from now on.
{KaS} Korori

Post by {KaS} Korori »

Can an admin pls lock this forum.
Please visit my forum and sign up. Ask question, request maps on xbox.
Establish in 2003 Visit my clan at kororigaming.com/kasclan