Has anyone managed to script yet?

Post here about scripting and programming for HaloPC (audio, network, ai, etc.)
deathwish

Has anyone managed to script yet?

Post by deathwish »

Cos if they have that is damn cool. 8) also, is it as accessible to script as Operation: Flashpoint is to script for? Cos u cud achieve some pretty amazing stuff on that, and it was damn easy.
Deadly_Shadow

Miner

Post by Deadly_Shadow »

What do you mean by scripting? Like carrying elite sword and adding vehicles to game?
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

yes.. in fact they have... and yes.. people have done the elite sord. and made it possible to use.. but it isnt done.. doesnt work half the time and doesnt work on most computer setups.. still investigating y.. stupid gearbox had to funk everything up.. :) oh well
343GuiltySparkIVIX

Post by 343GuiltySparkIVIX »

Really? Can i try it?
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

still not done.. hasnt been much progress lately.. theres nothing to terribly much to see.. itl be done when its done.. final answer
If your significance is that but significant then is there another with significance?
Tuwoa

mech

Post by Tuwoa »

id love to add a mech to bg :twisted:
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

thats not gunna happen any time soon.. less u are very talented and can make halo animations models, sounds and textures.. and then use meta to put it all in
If your significance is that but significant then is there another with significance?
Bubbasparxxxv69

Post by Bubbasparxxxv69 »

ypur talking about a mech, like from mech assult? that would kinda defeat the purpose of the game, also you would have to change so much of the dammage of the halo gun so they could kill something with so much health.
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

change the rocket launcher so it can only shoot mechs, make it instant kill and traking.. and there u go.. the mech wont stand a chance.. and totaly defeat the purpose, which i have now figuerd out and wont even make it! so there
Bubbasparxxxv69

if anyone wants to add vehicles i would try adding so of the stuff from the Halo 2 trailer (like rail gun hog)
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

ooo, i know how to do that...

ok, make sounds like rail gun, then make rocket hog shoot 10 sniper shots, but alter the contrail just a little bit and bump up the damage voila!
Bubbasparxxxv69

yea that would work, gotta find it meta where shots before reload is though, but a good contrail would be the charge bolt contrail, its got a pretty short green tail
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

no, that wont do.. its more bluish.. and mostly white (check ur video settings) and the charged bolt is to wavy and bright
Bubbasparxxxv69

o yea i must haven something wrong on my screen lol, i guess you would need a whole new contrail
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

no.. just a little texture editing and that nice smooth sniper one can me changed (not hard to do..)