Programming: Making A Web Browser In C#

Post here about scripting and programming for HaloPC (audio, network, ai, etc.)
Oosty

Programming: Making A Web Browser In C#

Post by Oosty »

Ok, i am going to consider you a newb to Visual C#, so, its all STEP BY STEP

THIS TUTORIAL IS HUGE

Launch Visual C# Express.

Click New on the File menu, and then click Project.

The New Project dialog box appears. This dialog box lists the different default application types that Visual C# Express can create.

Select Windows Application as your project type.

Change the name of your application to Web Browser. The default location should be fine, but you can always enter a new path if you wish.

Click OK.

Visual C# Express creates a new folder for your project, named after the project title, and then opens the main Visual C# Express window. The default view is of your new Windows Form, entitled Form1. You can change from this view to the source code view at any time by pressing F7, and return to the designer view by pressing SHIFT + F7.

The Windows Form is the window that opens when your application is launched. You can drag various controls into this window, accept input from the user, display text and graphics, and do everything that a Windows application can do. Behind the scenes, the code that is required to manage the window has been created by Visual C# Express, and is contained in a file that is normally hidden from view. You can see this file
Signature exceeded 75KB.
Cheech|N|Chong

Post by Cheech|N|Chong »

nice tutorial...too bad i only program in VB6...barely
Signature exceeded 75KB.
Thebirthdayhat

Post by Thebirthdayhat »

same here, but wanna learn c. is there a free trial download. nice tut by the way :wink:
Signature exceeded 3 lines of text.
kaptainkommie

Wordewatician 500

Post by kaptainkommie »

Stickied.
death king

Post by death king »

sry if this was posted long time ago, but there is a express edition, just type visual c# in google and select the second link, find the download
{BKK}

Post by {BKK} »

That is a really great tutorial but there is a new version of C# and this tutorial no longer corresponds to C#. :(
Ever get that feeling that you're being watched from the shadows? Ever get the feeling you're being stalked in the night? That's me...
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

when i build it tells me that it dosnt contain definitions for all of the commands
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

You mean like, WebBrowser1.Navigate? That kind of command? Or like... be a little more specific.
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.