HOW to modify UI for my new map?

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
dorg

HOW to modify UI for my new map?

Post by dorg »

Hi, I'm new here and would like to share something with halomaps community. In fact I'm trying to build MY 1'st map for Halo CE. Through many trials and errors, I'm stacked to something that I'll like to fix. I'll like include some custom information and a small thumbnail for my map.

Here are some screenshots of my map:

I've done a lot of serches about this topic but with no resuls. I'm sure that someone should have explored the code and strings of Halo CE, and maybe want to help me.

my map UI:

standart map UI:

It's a bit ridiculous that it is so hard to atach text-custom images ect, to custom map we made. This is so easy in other game editors!
Any sugestion is welcomed.
Last edited by dorg on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

Looks neat, some sort of race map I'm guessing? A custom vehicle for it would be cool. If you have anything in mind let me know, I might just be able to whip something up for ya.
dorg

Post by dorg »

Hi Leiukemia, and thanks for visiting my topic.
I've finished the scenario and now I'm adding stuff like misc scenery ect. Actually I'm skining Warhogs for each base (red & blue).
Can U make custom UI? Would be great!
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

It's impossible to change the UI for custom maps. The only think you can edit are the preexisting default maps.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

dorg wrote:Hi Leiukemia, and thanks for visiting my topic.
I've finished the scenario and now I'm adding stuff like misc scenery ect. Actually I'm skining Warhogs for each base (red & blue).
Can U make custom UI? Would be great!
heh, nope sorry. I have no clue about technical sorts of stuff. I just meant I could whip up a vehicle model, it's what I'm good at, lol.
dorg

Post by dorg »

Hi guys and thanks for your replies. I want to show some new pictures from my map:

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I can't really help you, but I figured you'd like to hear that I think the map looks great. :)