colt 1911

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
kenney001

colt 1911

Post by kenney001 »

NOTE: The small parts are almost all incorrect and i am aware of this. I had just recently gotton my hands on a real one so I am now in the process of re-working them.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

niceeee!
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

VERY detailed, i like how you put effort into all the little pieces and then assembled them. then when you go to animate, you can do it exactly like the real thing. i'll bet you could model the spring and actually leave 3ds's physics engine up to animating it.
ASPARTAME: in your diet soda and artificial sweeteners. also, it's obviously completely safe. it's not like it will cause tumors or anything. >.>
always remember: guilty until proven innocent
kenney001

Post by kenney001 »

I plan to do just that. I have a decent knowledge of Max's reactor and animations systems. it will take a little more than I currently know to do certain things, but It will be done when the time comes to sell it.

The frame in the above picture is very close to the actual thing minus the screw and pin holes. At the moment I am working on the firing pin and the back-half of the slide.
Caboose{SE}

Post by Caboose{SE} »

[cc]z@nd! wrote:VERY detailed, i like how you put effort into all the little pieces and then assembled them. then when you go to animate, you can do it exactly like the real thing. i'll bet you could model the spring and actually leave 3ds's physics engine up to animating it.
....why? you can't see the inside of the gun. unless you make it clear. in which case the physics engine would have no part in animating the spring and it could easily be done with just normal animations. the whole internal workings could be easily animated with just frames. and still...can't see through the gun.

nice model however, like you said though there are inaccuracies. work on fixin those up and should be good.
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: poor aids have l33t
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: 100000 aids each year
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: die from l33t
kenney001

Post by kenney001 »

because i dont plan on using this version in-game due to the higher poly count. I have another version that has no internals made, that will be used in-game.

This version is for selling. If i have an accurate, custom and well skinned model, and I rig the model with reactor and animation constraints, springs, dampers, and whatever else is needed, I can sell this for more. Now where I will sell it is stilla mystery to me (heard bad things about turbosquid sales).
Caboose{SE}

Post by Caboose{SE} »

turbo squid was a good idea, however people who have no idea what they're doing put crap ass models up for like $20 and people who make amazing models sometimes put em up for free. it really has turned bad recently but it's always worth a try.
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: poor aids have l33t
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: 100000 aids each year
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: die from l33t