material editor window ran away

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

material editor window ran away

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

seriously, i can't find it. i hit the M key and it doesn't show up. when i had dual monitors i think i moved it over to the second one for some reason, so now when i open it it opens on it's last opened location, which i think is on my un-connected monitor. i tried going to file>reset to reset the ui, but that's just colors and viewports, and doesn't fix my problem. do any of you guys have any ideas on how to fix this, because i want to start modeling now, and not have to wait to hook up my other monitor in 3 weeks.

BTW: does anyone have the files for this tutorial they can send me, or a mirror? whenever i download the files, they end up corrupted.

tutorial: http://tutorials.moddb.com/16/beretta-9 ... -tutorial/
ASPARTAME: in your diet soda and artificial sweeteners. also, it's obviously completely safe. it's not like it will cause tumors or anything. >.>
always remember: guilty until proven innocent
wanksta
Readers Club

Wordewatician 500

Location: Owning Freedom451 Constantly over LAN. Kills:999999999 Owns:943234 Pwns:749455 Killtaculars:5667

Post by wanksta »

happend to me once here how too fix it.

go into the 3dsmax directory and delete the file 3dsmax.ini that should fix it.

im 95% its taht file if not then well.... your scrwed.
Sig may not be animated.
Lol you got me in like 3 minutes!
Oh wait... I'm banned.... well not funny anymore...
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

wanksta wrote:happend to me once here how too fix it.

go into the 3dsmax directory and delete the file 3dsmax.ini that should fix it.

im 95% its taht file if not then well.... your scrwed.
i'll try that. sounds like it would make sense; from a programming standpoint, an ini file like that would be a perfect place to store the last co-ordinates of a window so it opens at a specific place even after exiting the program.

thankfully my linux experience tells me to backup this file before i delete it, doing so has gotten me out of stickier situations before.

edit: aaahhh, worked perfectly! thanks!
ASPARTAME: in your diet soda and artificial sweeteners. also, it's obviously completely safe. it's not like it will cause tumors or anything. >.>
always remember: guilty until proven innocent