WIP: Raven Teh Hunter's Grave Shift

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

[RR]RedRene wrote:Guy's, this is His map, he can do whatever he bloody well want's with it.
no, it isn't. read the goddamned title.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

???
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

RedRene are you an idiot?

"Raven Teh Hunter's" Grave Shift. Raven The Hunter made the map concept, Strider is just ruining it...
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

Never heard of Raven the Hunter, maybe if someone sowed me a bit of his work it would jog my mind.

And for the record I am not an idiot, I merely suffer from Aspergus Syndrome.
JunkfoodMan

Post by JunkfoodMan »

[RR]RedRene wrote:I merely suffer from Aspergus Syndrome.
I have a friend with that. Isn't that a mild form of Autism?
[/OT]

Anyway, Strider, Re-texture the map, lower the polies, Make the layout Able-to-play, And you'd have a chance to redeem yourself.

-_-
wat
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

JunkfoodMan wrote:
[RR]RedRene wrote:I merely suffer from Aspergus Syndrome.
I have a friend with that. Isn't that a mild form of Autism?
[/OT]

Anyway, Strider, Re-texture the map, lower the polies, Make the layout Able-to-play, And you'd have a chance to redeem yourself.

-_-
That and maybe a Halo 3 Shield Grenade by kirby, hm, don't put c4 in, people will just fill up passageways with it.

My suggestion on weapons:

Use Halo 1, and maybe a rapid firing chain gun, and maybe a blade on one of them.

Dang, what am I doing, this is your map, you choose.
Strider_V_Core

Post by Strider_V_Core »

I am already working on the low poly version, and I did not ignore penguin/caboose, I acknowledged what he said

[quote=StriderVCore]actually caboose, you're right, the models do need more detail. [/quote]

The high polys were caused by the pipes in the high poly version of the catacombs, since in the high poly, each segment was 1700 polys each, and multiply that by about 45 catacomb segments total and you get the 90 thousand that adds up with everything else.

The low poly has half segments at the moment, 96 X 2 = 192 polys per segment.

The catacombs are suppose to give you a feeling of being lost, this causes confusion and those with a sense of direction will be able to navigate. A weapon's compass is also good to use.

The dead bodies that will be falling from above and popping out at you will serve as an adrenaline boost of sorts. There will be columns and other types of scenery, destructible scenery. My weapons have been revamped
as well.

One of those weapons I was talking about is the bubble shield, my own shield grenade I made. talk shell proof, but there is still a fix needed with the grenades.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

How could pipes add 90k pollies. What are they 50 segments? They should be 10 at the most. Try making the catacomb pipes 5 segments not 10-30...

That one thing you said proves you have a lot to learn in 3ds max and halo map making in general...
Strider_V_Core

Post by Strider_V_Core »

eh, I am not sure I clarified... I was talking about 1 catacomb segment

each cata segment has 4 window'd areas, 16 pipes, and 4 flat wall parts.

As you can see in this pic

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5275/lolwtf2zo6.jpg

there are 4 cata segments linked together into 1 long hallway.

I wrote out the idea for a secret egg hallway so that will not be in the high poly or low poly versions.

Thanks to snaf for adding the arrow points, it can easily be seen that the "floodlab" catacomb hallway pointed out is what I am talking about. 4 segments linked together, copied and translated down the Z axis into 4 more making 16 segments.

due to the pipes being collapsed onto the catacomb segments, the extra polies added were slightly more than really needed.

For the windows in each segment, I used a slanted facing and a flat facing, as in _/ instead of _ or / only. That also added to the polys which helped make the high poly version impossible for tool to add onto an MP map.

The low poly version is currently under 30,000 polys... I am getting ready to link the catacombs together and re-texture a few things.

I will be glad to take any specific advice on what to add and/or fix. I have a deadline set to attempt to meet, so I am working on the map moreso then I would if it was my own... *notes a certain city :lol: * god knows how long I have procrastinated on my city lol...
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

Why don't you just use Kirby's Shield Nade's and give him the cred, it would work a lot better.
Strider_V_Core

Post by Strider_V_Core »

Well... My bubble shield has been nearly perfected, the current tests have shown it to be impenatrable, I have no idea exactly to how kirby's is suppose to work, though I do know that it is a grenade equip and not a weapon. Between the two, my version is still under construction and needs to be perfected. Sometimes it's better to innovate and recreate than to take something already done and use it.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

Strider_V_Core wrote:Sometimes it's better to innovate and recreate than to take something already done and use it.
really funny hearing that from you! Image
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Strider_V_Core wrote:Well... My bubble shield has been nearly perfected, the current tests have shown it to be impenatrable, I have no idea exactly to how kirby's is suppose to work, though I do know that it is a grenade equip and not a weapon. Between the two, my version is still under construction and needs to be perfected. Sometimes it's better to innovate and recreate than to take something already done and use it.
So you're making something from Halo 3 in CE, which is exactly what someone else is doing? Makes sense Image

Did you actually bother to set the material responses according to projectile type, or did you just set the whole lot to reflect or disappear/detonate?
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

So you're making something from Halo 3 in CE, which is exactly what someone else is doing? Makes sense Image
OFF TOPIC: I'm surprised CMT didn't make a Bubble Shield, though it could come around later, their Biped's still need a little work.

ON TOPIC: Ok, you make a point.
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

L33T made one like a week after the ad, but he's not on CMT anymore. Either way, hardly innovative...
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

Shame, CMT could do better.

And you can also do better.
Strider_V_Core

Post by Strider_V_Core »

rossmum wrote:
Strider_V_Core wrote:Well... My bubble shield has been nearly perfected, the current tests have shown it to be impenatrable, I have no idea exactly to how kirby's is suppose to work, though I do know that it is a grenade equip and not a weapon. Between the two, my version is still under construction and needs to be perfected. Sometimes it's better to innovate and recreate than to take something already done and use it.

Did you actually bother to set the material responses according to projectile type, or did you just set the whole lot to reflect or disappear/detonate?
the shield grenade projectile detonates after a couple of seconds and creates the bubble shield projectile which stays in place.

Meh, I am working on a new weapon *plus weapon FP anims* at the moment which I will explain about after it's ingame and shooting energy pellets
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Way to avoid the question, Strider Image
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

He tends to do that.