The Beretta Tomcat Inox

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
JunkfoodMan

Post by JunkfoodMan »

PLEASE, oh dear god, LISTEN TO US!

NO! You need to learn to plane model. If you are already Plane modeling, Get better.

NO! FileFront forums = nono, They believe that city was good.

NO! Ignoring us isnt going to help, At this rate you'll never make anything to impress us. You're digging your hole deeper and deeper.

Also, Alot of this "TTC" is a bit Skeptical, considering YOU making a Human scarab with Animations and all. Were you Counting on HogDriver to rip them from Downflow for you?

Pease listen mr "Major Modeling member" (See - Worldforums).
wat
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

tron doesn't belong in halo
In Nomine Dole

Post by In Nomine Dole »

Strider Vega Core wrote:lol ross, I am currently at the GTA Vice City ability to model stage.
You can model box cities for third-person PS2 games?
Last edited by In Nomine Dole on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed:
X___In Nomine Dole__
In Nomine Dole

Post by In Nomine Dole »

Strider Vega Core wrote:Image
Hey, look! Ultimate Dragon's three-year old public beta tags? No way!

The head still looks like paper mache, the stump on his back doesn't make that biped custom material, and those plasma claws will serve no purpose.

I have six words for you: Halo Custom Edition Triple Threat Campaign.
What's the matter, three years wasn't long enough to get something done?
Last edited by In Nomine Dole on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed:
X___In Nomine Dole__
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

SVC, don't insult rockstar games. you think i've got a big ego? lmao, your entire post was pure ego god complex. rockstar kicks the shit out of you in every way. how are you going to make a city when you can't even model streets? i saw your video tutorial, and let me tell you that was garbage.

you suck at modeling, you suck at animating. maybe after monday you can crawl back to filefront where all the crayon wielding 10 year olds worship you.

so in three years, you've made.... a fucked up looking head, a "martyr rifle" lmao, and numerous chamfered and beveled and extruded primitives. you're way behind, just quit.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
warlord

Post by warlord »

that animation reminds me of.....
SHOUTrvb wrote:I'm in love with Tural, but I keep having all these negative discussions with him.
A tribute to Veegie by Atty
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

only that animation you posted is way better than svc's.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
ledhedgn

Post by ledhedgn »

whats with the messed up camera angles in that animation, damn thats messed up, and as for the gun, you wanna see a real berretta model?

and i half assed that one
Strider Vega Core

Post by Strider Vega Core »

I modelled the inox version seen here

Also, I have not found any plane modelling tuts as I keep hearing about.

As known though, everything I model is either critisized as ripped or horrible.

Even my city which is currently in the gamma stage

rentafence

Post by rentafence »

Strider Vega Core wrote:As known though, everything I model is either critisized as ripped or horrible.
Thats the point of posting your work, to get criticism. From what I have learned about you in this thread, you can't handle it. Go to halomaps.org then, you would be worshipped as a god there.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

fool, they're two different MODELS. the tomcat is no "version" of the one shown by ledhedgn. it is not called the "inox". it is a beretta TOMCAT, as printed CLEARLY on the weapon. i'll tell you again as well, the barrel is not tipped up like that all the time.

you haven't found any plane modeling tutorials because you haven't looked. they're easy as all hell to find.

yes, all your work is criticized as ripped or sucks, because, that's all it ever is. and your buildings suck. bigtime. in case you didn't notice, chamfering, beveling, and extruding primitives looks really bad. it looks like boxes and cylinders were in a deadly car accident.

and your terrain looks really bad. like... really REALLY bad.
rentafence

Post by rentafence »

Hey Strider, its a gift from the gods.

http://tutorials.moddb.com/16/beretta-9 ... -tutorial/
destroyer69

Commentator

Post by destroyer69 »

Lets chill out with all these flames guys.
In Nomine Dole

Post by In Nomine Dole »

Your buildings looks like rocket ships with a bunch of inset squares. Not like GTA. :roll:
Signed:
X___In Nomine Dole__
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

Lmao that animation was *** hilarious! My god strider, I never really knew why people didn't like you up until now. That gun model is horribly made in every way, and that animation was so incredibly awful I LOLed in real life! And don't get me started about you city....let me guess how you made it.

Primitive, bevel, extrude, repeat.

Come on dude, you have been modeling for what, 3 years? It seems like you could get better if you wanted too... [/bandwagon]
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

Even in this poor render I can see the lack of time/effort put into this city. If you actually listen to the people who know what there talking about (SnaF, Katarn, Leuik) Then you may get somewhere in this community..
ledhedgn

Post by ledhedgn »

read the tut posted by rentafence, worship it, make it your bible to modeling, it seriously helps in modeling weapons, that was the very first tutorial on modeling i ever watched, and its a good thing to, otherwise i woudl have bad techniques, now i have awesoem technique
rentafence

Post by rentafence »

True dat'! I wish I still had a picture of my first weapon I ever made, so I could show you the difference in my modelling ability after I saw that movie. Basically, it was a box with an extruded handle. My second attempt looked like a gun. It lacked detail, but hell, it was a step up.
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Strider Vega Core wrote:lol ross, I am currently at the GTA Vice City ability to model stage.
Uh, what? Maybe if you actually bothered to accept crit, you'd be better. But no, you couldn't possibly do that, it might hurt your gigantic ego!
Strider Vega Core wrote:TTC has a storyline, and I just need to make something bigger than snaf's ego. That will take time... but still...
Oh, the sweet smell of irony.
Strider Vega Core wrote:I have about 255 animations to make for the character rig. And all I can say is, if you don't like the game don't play it.
All I can say is that you need to pull your head out of your ass and stop hoping you'll find a site where there are no talented 3D modellers to show your 'work' for what it is.
Strider Vega Core wrote:If you don't like how it loks, then you also hate current Rockstar GTA games.
Nice logic, genius. Because we all know that the models in a third-person free-roamer are going to be EXACLTY the same as the ones in a first-person shooter, and we all know that your models are better than Rockstar's, right?

No. Vice City and San Andreas beat you hands down, because their models lack detail but also lack wasteful polygons, which is more than what I can say for yours.
Strider Vega Core wrote:When I model from freehand without any reference pics/drawings, I am not as detailed as I am with them.
I could model without any refs and still make a more detailed model, with a lower polycount, and likely more accuracy. Stop making excuses or shut up altogether.
Strider Vega Core wrote:There is a difference between 2D flat reference pics, and 3D reference pics. When I use 2D side pics, you get the beretta tomcat.
Surely it's not that hard to at least GUESS what kind of details should be in there? Another pathetic excuse.
Strider Vega Core wrote:When I use 3D pics, like bungie reference pics, you get objects from containment, sanctuary, uplift, and other creations recreated and highly similar depending on the pic's angle and how much detail I add to it as well.
I've yet to see ANYTHING decently modelled come from you, Strider. I could model better less than 3 months after I started, because I actually listened to peoples' advice rather than dodging questions and making up lame excuses for poor work.
Strider Vega Core wrote:My net will be cut off for a little while starting monday.
Praise the Lord.
Strider Vega Core wrote:I know you will crack a wiseass remark
Of course.
Strider Vega Core wrote:so just know that it will probably not be seen and you will get no true satisfaction lol.
Yeah, it won't be seen on a forum with tens of thousands of active members Image

Still just as brainy as you proved yourself to be on the HIV forums, I see. :roll:
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

Not to mention a crappy picture doesn't make up for improper polygon use and lack of smoothness. If you can't get it accurate, at least model it sufficiantly.