Skinning Tutorials?

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
Mnm

Skinning Tutorials?

Post by Mnm »

Could someone on this forum post ( or put a link to the tutorial if its already posted ) some decent skinning tutorials for like guns and vehicles? I cant skin a gun/vehicle for shit. And I dont find many usefull tutorials using google. If you have any good skinning tutorials for Photoshop. Please post. :)

EDIT: And i mean making skins from UVW and stuff like that.
RaVNzCRoFT

Grunge Pyre

Post by RaVNzCRoFT »

Well, read this to learn how to unwrap. Then just some basic knowledge in Photoshop will get you some decent textures and designs.
Mnm

Post by Mnm »

I figured out how to UVW unwrap a long time ago( thx tho ), i was wondering about how to texture those good.
RaVNzCRoFT

Grunge Pyre

Post by RaVNzCRoFT »

Oh, you're just looking for texture tutorials. Well, everything you need is on Google. Just type in 'photoshop * texture tutorial', or something of that same likes. For example, say you're skinning an AK-47. Google some good metal and wood texture tutorials. That's pretty much all you need. Once you use Photoshop more you'll become more familiar with its features.
Mnm

Post by Mnm »

RaVNzCRoFT wrote:Oh, you're just looking for texture tutorials. Well, everything you need is on Google. Just type in 'photoshop * texture tutorial', or something of that same likes. For example, say you're skinning an AK-47. Google some good metal and wood texture tutorials. That's pretty much all you need. Once you use Photoshop more you'll become more familiar with its features.
okay i will try... i want my textures to look like Modern Combat's some time :)
Last edited by Mnm on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

Mnm

Post by Mnm »

wow ty dude.. lots of tutorials :) this'll keep me busy ty again
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »