GMAX/3ds max problem

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
Doctor

GMAX/3ds max problem

Post by Doctor »

This just happened recently, but now whenever I use my move tool and put it over my object to move, it automatically sets it to free movement and I don't get the arrows that allow me to choose if I want the x, z, or y axis.

Example: When I select the move tool, I don't get the option that looks like this:

^y
|
|
o------>x
z

I have a feeling I hit a F key (huh, funny it doesn't sound right unless you have 'an' but F isn't a vowel so it is supposed to be a) or a keyboard key by mistake.

EDIT: Damn, now it is happening for rotate to :cry:

Thanks,
Doc
Communism || Well in Halomods Com, I own you. -Shout
Userbar put your total signature image at 140 pixels in height. Sorry. <-- My sig has become the #1 place for Moderator tags -_-
You could always, oh I don't know, edit our comments out? =p | I would put it back in. -Shout -wer its at brudda-
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

This would better be posted in the help desk. And try pressing x, might fix it. And actually it would be "an f", you go by the sound.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Yeah, hitting X is what enables/disables that. You should be all set now. :)
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Hitting X isn't working, any other ideas?
Communism || Well in Halomods Com, I own you. -Shout
Userbar put your total signature image at 140 pixels in height. Sorry. <-- My sig has become the #1 place for Moderator tags -_-
You could always, oh I don't know, edit our comments out? =p | I would put it back in. -Shout -wer its at brudda-
cooldude5990

Post by cooldude5990 »

maybe its too small, try using + and -