RENDER: M8A2A1 Barrett Sniper Rifle

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
Elite_Green_Devils

RENDER: M8A2A1 Barrett Sniper Rifle

Post by Elite_Green_Devils »

here ya go. i hope snaf or caboose will let me in their mod team with this entry.
Pepsi wrote:when converting CE>PC, HEK is like a catholic girl which needs alot of coaxing to get there, but harbinger is like a hot red head always willing to go
I'm Back, Baby!
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

It's hard to look at with such small, crappy renders. It looks like you have the general shape right. But the positioning of your vertices just looks, awkward, in some spots. It's also filled with smooting errors. The rear sight needs to be completely redone, with more attention to detail and shape. The RIS rail on top is too wide, and it looks like you fail to see the way it operates. The scope also lacks detail. The stock is a little bit out of proportion. Could you give a poly count for this thing? It's not a terrible model, but it definantly isn't up to par with modern combat. You should keep practising, and try gmax.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

Its ok, but I would recomend watching some plane modeling tutorials. You have the general shape but its covered in smoothing errors.

Beretta 9000 Plane Modeling Tutorials
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

definately a decent modeler, but you surely need to improve. I'm sorry that we have to say no to you. try to get ahold of gmax and learn with that. it's definately better than milkshape.

keep at it, you're decent. keep practicing and i think you'll do pretty good.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
cooldude5990

Post by cooldude5990 »

nice model for milky
TomClancey wrote:Its ok, but I would recomend watching some plane modeling tutorials. You have the general shape but its covered in smoothing errors.

Beretta 9000 Plane Modeling Tutorials
that tutorial is no good for ms3d
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

I was implying if he got Gmax he should use that. :wink: \
cooldude5990

Post by cooldude5990 »

oh ok sorry lol, i just got back from a long day at work
Elite_Green_Devils

Post by Elite_Green_Devils »

well actually, i lowered the sight to make it so it would stay out of the way of the scope. and i finished it at 1:00 AM. also(lol) i always use gmax for modeling. i just use milkshape to convert and take pics. i only use gmax for textured pics. and its not finshed
Pepsi wrote:when converting CE>PC, HEK is like a catholic girl which needs alot of coaxing to get there, but harbinger is like a hot red head always willing to go
I'm Back, Baby!