Looking for Blitzkrieg? Look in here.

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
p0lar_bear

Articulatist 250

Looking for Blitzkrieg? Look in here.

Post by p0lar_bear »

http://www.customedition.org/cat.php?do=blitz
These are the plugins to export your 3d models into a format Tool can understand. These will work with 3d Studio Max v5 and up.

For install instructions, take a look in one of the folders that matches your Max's version number.
kthx.
LuxuriousMeat

Post by LuxuriousMeat »

i have downloaded over 10 different blitzkriegs not one works including this one some one should just make an app taht can just open a .max file and export as a .jms with none of this bull shit blitzkrieg crap
p0lar_bear

Articulatist 250

Post by p0lar_bear »

LuxuriousMeat wrote:i have downloaded over 10 different blitzkriegs not one works including this one
Your Max version, please? I believe Blitz 6 has issues with Max 8. If so, downgrade, if at all possible. If you have 5, 6, or 7, then it not working is your fault. Read the readme in the MAX folder in the RAR that matches your Max version.
LuxuriousMeat wrote:some one should just make an app taht can just open a .max file and export as a .jms with none of this bull **** blitzkrieg crap
Blitzkrieg is the only way to export to JMS, JMA, JMO, and JMM formats quickly and with no problem. Sure, Chimp works, but it's rather slow. If you're so frustrated about it, why don't you look into researching the structure of a MAX file, the structure of a JMS, JMA, JMO, or JMM file, 3D Studio Max plugin writing, and figure out how to get from point A to point B.
maca_§

Grunge

Post by maca_§ »

Sticky :).
FleetAdmiralBacon

Critic Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by FleetAdmiralBacon »

The UHMM has a fully working JMS exporter, and because the e3d exporter is MAXScript and 1,000 times faster than chimp for gmax (Not exagerating that one bit, it seriously is, in fact, that may be an understatement) I think I'll just make an e3d -> jms convertor so that we can all be happy!
*starts working on that*
shouldn't take too long.
Everything you'll ever need to know about me.
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
LuxuriousMeat

Post by LuxuriousMeat »

p0lar_bear wrote:f so, downgrade, if at all possible. If you have 5, 6, or 7, then it not working is your fault. Read the readme in the MAX folder in the RAR that matches your Max version.
i have max 8 and why would i downgrade and ive tried chimp but nothing happens awhen i open it and i put in the correct plugin for max 8 i put in the one from this one in the folder max 6,7, 8 and it still doesnt work also ive read teh readme manytimes and it still doesnt work
FleetAdmiralBacon

Chimp creates a maxscript menu.
But I made an 80x80 plane / displacement map and it was at about 75% done after 3 hours.

I suggest you allow you me to finish my work. For some reason my model is getting squished, but don't worry, I'm sure it has to do with how i'm 'spawning' the object in the UHMM (rotation is based on x*dirx, y*diry, z*dirz to get the points to be facing the right direction. They are all 0<x<1 and 1 for all should be 0 rotation, but it appears to be rotated 45 degrees which is causing problems. )
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
LuxuriousMeat

Post by LuxuriousMeat »

for me after i select run script and open it nothing happens at all notihn comes up
FleetAdmiralBacon

YOu need to be on the right panel, but believe me, it would take less time to get the 3ds max 7 demo and use it with blitzkreig than it would to export 1 model with chimp!
-Laser-

Articulatist 250

Post by -Laser- »

FleetAdmiralBacon wrote:YOu need to be on the right panel, but believe me, it would take less time to get the 3ds max 7 demo and use it with blitzkreig than it would to export 1 model with chimp!
I used to be a gmax/chimp person a few months back.....*shudders as he has a flashback*
boo_diddly

Wordewatician 100

Post by boo_diddly »

It seems like blitzkrieg hates UVW mapping in max 8. any suggestions? *and no, blizkrieg for max 5 doesent work.*
o.o 0.0 O.O 0.0 o.o
Were watching you...
boo_diddly

Wordewatician 100

Post by boo_diddly »

To just tell everyone:

If for some odd reason blitzkrieg does not export while you have Unwrap uvws, you must first collapse them so that they become permenently attached to the model, or at least untill you redo the unwrap.
o.o 0.0 O.O 0.0 o.o
Were watching you...
haloflames

Post by haloflames »

*Off Topic*

I am in 8th grade. Last week we were taking about World War Two. isn't blitzkrieg a style of fighting that Germany used? It goes something like a fast invasion with alot of power and force?
Thank you Tural for removing me from the readers club, you are a very generous and considerate person. :)
When Shrubs Attack

Post by When Shrubs Attack »

haloflames wrote:*Off Topic*

I am in 8th grade. Last week we were taking about World War Two. isn't blitzkrieg a style of fighting that Germany used? It goes something like a fast invasion with alot of power and force?
Yes it is...

And does anyone know how to get BlitzKrieg to work with windos Vista?!?!

i cant get it to work.. is there a tut or something?
Super_Sunny

Post by Super_Sunny »

Just use Bluestreak.