WIP - Church

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

I never thought inserting a rug would be such a pain in the arse. The closest material to the fabric is rubber, but because it's only normally used for the hog seats I had to insert new sounds for walking, running and jumping on the surface. Easy to do once you know where to access it, but finding the shader containing that data took a while.

Note that this is only half of the room. Since the room is symmetrical I've only made half of it, then when I'm finished I'll mirror the polygons and join them up. So the room will be twice the width of this, the door will be twice as wide and the rug will be moved over into the middle.

I'm actually using this technique for the whole level, thereby cutting down on the development time.
Sonictag

Wordewatician 500

Post by Sonictag »

Looking better and better, rug looks awesome, good idea making it symetrical, most churches are quite symetrical.
Pie

Post by Pie »

I like seeing updates :wink:

Looks great so far!
Thank You, SHOUTrvb, For This Fantastic Signature :mrgreen:
Waverunner

Post by Waverunner »

It looks "medieval"

I like that look, and the rug is sweet.

Nice job.
[CL]9mm-Man

Wordewatician 500

Post by [CL]9mm-Man »

Looks amazing, its looking like a real building now!...Rug took alot of time :D but it was worth it. wOOt keep it up!
Your image cannot exceed 400x200 or 50kb
CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

Specular Effects Movie (837Kb)

I've now got some nice specular stuff working in-game and have even managed to use the dreaded 'plastic' bumped cube maps to good effect on the windows, because here it's actually appropriate. Again, the picture below doesn't do it justice because you really need to see it moving, so get the video!

Pie

Post by Pie »

I
Love
It
Thank You, SHOUTrvb, For This Fantastic Signature :mrgreen:
[CL]9mm-Man

Wordewatician 500

Post by [CL]9mm-Man »

Drools, *grabs bucket* drools some more..

WOW, this is definatly gonnna rock, you spend alot of time with small bits, adding details if you do that for this whole map (that would be pretty time consuming) but it would make this map, like Siege, but 10 x better! Loving the effects!"!!!
Your image cannot exceed 400x200 or 50kb
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

very nice. great job.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

Got to work on this for the first time in 2 weeks. Now in is a new texture and bump map to go with the sexy door frames. The colour of the walls and bricks will probably be changed to match better.

CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

I've started texturing the large main audience chamber of the map and I thought I'd better give an update. I've changed the geometry of the pillars to be more realistic and added in appropriate textures and bump maps. Ignore the walls and ceiling, they're only temporary.

CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

I've completed the transformation of all of the pillars, but it's going to be a while until I have the texturing done for the main room and am ready to show screenshots of it. So here's another pic to tide you over until next week:

CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

I probably shouldn't post this, because there's still a LOT of work to be done with the UVs and matching the colours of the textures properly, but I thought you'd appreciate seeing some progress. There's 6 new textures in for the main room (though you can't see them all here) as well as a test cube map for the shiny surfaces to match the lights that you can see here.

Also, try to ignore the crappy place-holder bannisters if you can. ;)

BEEF!!!

Pyre

Post by BEEF!!! »

Oh shit! That looks awesome man!!!
I love the floor reflections.
Can't wait for this to come out! Any idea of release?

~OT~
What video card do you have?
Katarn

Post by Katarn »

Crowpath, your work on church is excellent. Now, you must work with me on the omaha beach map, i need some good sand/metal textures.
Excalibur: id hunt him down and jerk him off
Excalibur: and drink the gallons of cum that come out
CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

I don't know about giving a release date because I'm involved in a lot of other projects (which has just gone up one, since I'm entering the Gearbox Machinima competition). My vid card is a GV-3D1, which is a dual core 6600GT (it's about 25% faster than a 6800GT and a lot cheaper when it came out), but don't worry, I'm making every effort to make the fps as good as it can be on every machine.
CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

Making serious progress now, but things still being worked on are:

1) Ceiling
2) Bannisters
3) Pews
4) Specular Cube Maps
MrChief1

Post by MrChief1 »

I really like it, but I have one complaint. Maybe cutting back on the specular and bump mapping. Everything looks wet.
CrowPath

Articulatist 100

Post by CrowPath »

I know what you're trying to say, since specular cube maps badly used in conjunction with bumpmapping looks 'plastic'. But I'm only doing that where it looks appropriate (ie. the stained glass windows). The other specular stuff you can see is very temporary, as I said in the post above. It'll all be worked to look and play as good as possible when it's finished, trust me.