Ascendant Justice- looking for help!

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.

Sound good?

PWNAGE TO THE MAX!
56%
Just...WOW
8%
Cool.
7%
Nah...too big/complex/ambitious.
29%

Total votes: 75

rossmum

Ascendant Justice- looking for help!

Post by rossmum »

Ok, here's an idea I've been planning out for a while. I don't have HEK though, and I'll definitely need all the help I can get.

My plan:
IF it's possible to extract the bsp model from SP, then that's what we'll do. If not...I'll need some kickass modellers.

The map is HUGE, in space. Stationed side by side, about 3km apart, are CCS Ascendant Justice and UNSC Pillar of Autumn. Each ship has extensive passageways, and no less than 4 hangar bays (maybe 8 ). In each of the PoA's bays, there are 6-10 Pelicans, a few Longswords (armed with 4 chainguns and also homing missiles), and Hogs and Scorpions. The Ascendant Justice has 2-4 dropships per bay, along with 1 or 2 Seraphs and Ghosts, Banshees and Wraiths. But guess what? If any vehicle except a Pelican, Covenant Dropship, Seraph or Longsword go outside... well, BOOM!

The red flag is on the bridge of Ascendant Justice, and the blue flag right next to Keyes (who counts for 10 frags and 100 points, you lose that if you TK him or Cortana) in the bridge of PoA. That's right...a variety of bots will help increase the realism (and the challenge). Every minute or so, the ships bombard each other, the PoA shooting Archer missiles and Ascendant Justice letting loose a broadside of plasma.

Covenant weapons will only spawn on their ship, and the same is true for the humans. All vehicles will be destructable and I'll try as hard as I can to make the map perfect...with luck we can just use existing BSP meshes and skins and combine them. Also, I *might* look into whether it is possible to have sounds inside the ships and not in space, and also zero gravity in space. Well... that said, I need some help with my most ambitious project. PM me to join the team, also I may have some concepts up soon.
Last edited by rossmum on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamble

Post by gamble »

that.....won't take you any less than 1 year
kamakaze

Post by kamakaze »

Not if he is using existing BSP, I am willing to help with the Sapien, Guerilla, and tool.exe work. As well as testing.
SilverStone641

Post by SilverStone641 »

Sounds like a nice idea. I'll help with testing and basic 3dsMAx5, HEK, and HMT

AIM me if you want me.
TheMissingLink117

Post by TheMissingLink117 »

I was gonna do something like this once, except with out all the dreaming. It would also be small enough for 16 people.
gamble

Post by gamble »

besides you can only have 4 of 1 vehicle and you can only have so many vehicles per map.

And there are no existing Bsp's for the ascendent justice.
kamakaze

Post by kamakaze »

You can use the BSP of The Truth and Reconciliation.
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

I was planning to use T&R, remove the ground and grav lift, and add a roof (the ship has no top, thank god the Halo 2 trailer shows what the ships look like from above), then just use PoA too. As for the limited vehicles...to get over that you just make the additional vehicles an item collection like weapons. That's what Mono does, and it works...and I'm sure we can override the number of each vehcile some way or another. The plasma weapons are already in PoA, and the Archers will be easy to make... If the team has enough time, we might try to enhance the graphics, Halo 2 style. Also note: Covenant bots will be allied to red team, and the Humans to blue. So naturally, this map only works well for team games, and it only works with 10-16 players.

I don't have AIM, I'll PM you instead.
Any more volunteers?
gamble

Post by gamble »

still Bots don't work efficiently in multiplayer. You won't see the bots on the server but actually your own set of bots. One second you''ll be moving and the next you'll be dead.

Also the SP maps are split into different bsps that don't always fit together when you rearrange them.
SilverStone641

Post by SilverStone641 »

Gamble wrote:still Bots don't work efficiently in multiplayer. You won't see the bots on the server but actually your own set of bots. One second you''ll be moving and the next you'll be dead.

Also the SP maps are split into different bsps that don't always fit together when you rearrange them.
we'll just remodel tunnels etc. to match up. Cmon man, with 3ds, anythin is possible!!

We're gonna need some hellish texturing though. I'm working on a map project with a friend of mine and extracted part of a SP map. Good god, trying to texture the entire freakin thing is murder!!!
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Well, an update- there will be about 3 Easter eggs, one easy to find (so obvious you're bound to miss it), a hard-to find one and an almost impossible one. They won't be nukes, or anything of that sort...I may as well tell you one will actually be a chocolate egg, the other two are just poster thingies. Also, to add realism and contribute to the pwnage, all vehicles will be boardable (even in space, yes), and you can use rockets or grenades to set off a meltdown of the reactors on either ship (I'm sure you can do this, I've seen similar things on other CE maps). The Covie ship's reactor blows instantly should it go critical, and the PoA gives you 5 mins. like SP. I may try and make the bots (including Keyes and Cortana) get into lifepods should the reactor go critical. All bots can board and drive vehicles efficiently too.

As for the reactors, I recommend to leave them alone... your pals won't be happy when you TK them all.

Some details will still need working out- I'll try get more info from Bungie and also the authors of the novels, to acheive the perfect balance between the game and the books. Seraphs, rotating ship sections- that kinda stuff.

As I lay in bed last night, thinking the map over, a huge problem hit me- how do I keep the launch bays in PoA sealed off? I quickly came up with a solution- the section of hangar behind the Longsword launch pad is empty, and looks like an airlock. So- There will be two custom-built, proximity-triggered air-sealed doors, one behind the pad and the other at the mouth of the hangar. Just make sure you don't open both at once.

One of the PoA launch bays will have this section filled with Archer pods, so that bay will be stocked full of weapons, spares and also vehicles in various states of repair and rearming. There will be technicians repairing and rearming vehicles, crates of grenades and guns will be stacked high...basically, don't set off any explosive weapons in there or you'll be fried. Also, the area around one of Ascendant Justice's bays will be burnt- one shield will be flickering on and off, the other will be gone, and the bay will be full of burnt and broken vehicles and also the inside will be damaged.

*hyperventilating*
I think that's it for today.

More info soon :wink:
master_wolf

Location: Hyper Super Killer Giant Ninja Space Zombie of Doom!!!

Post by master_wolf »

this sounds great and all.....but since the map is so huge, wouldnt it lag like hell? and it would be hard to find other people even if there were 16 people
SilverStone641

Post by SilverStone641 »

Hunter wrote:Well, an update- there will be about 3 Easter eggs, one easy to find (so obvious you're bound to miss it), a hard-to find one and an almost impossible one. They won't be nukes, or anything of that sort...I may as well tell you one will actually be a chocolate egg, the other two are just poster thingies. Also, to add realism and contribute to the pwnage, all vehicles will be boardable (even in space, yes), and you can use rockets or grenades to set off a meltdown of the reactors on either ship (I'm sure you can do this, I've seen similar things on other CE maps). The Covie ship's reactor blows instantly should it go critical, and the PoA gives you 5 mins. like SP. I may try and make the bots (including Keyes and Cortana) get into lifepods should the reactor go critical. All bots can board and drive vehicles efficiently too.

As for the reactors, I recommend to leave them alone... your pals won't be happy when you TK them all.

Some details will still need working out- I'll try get more info from Bungie and also the authors of the novels, to acheive the perfect balance between the game and the books. Seraphs, rotating ship sections- that kinda stuff.

As I lay in bed last night, thinking the map over, a huge problem hit me- how do I keep the launch bays in PoA sealed off? I quickly came up with a solution- the section of hangar behind the Longsword launch pad is empty, and looks like an airlock. So- There will be two custom-built, proximity-triggered air-sealed doors, one behind the pad and the other at the mouth of the hangar. Just make sure you don't open both at once.

One of the PoA launch bays will have this section filled with Archer pods, so that bay will be stocked full of weapons, spares and also vehicles in various states of repair and rearming. There will be technicians repairing and rearming vehicles, crates of grenades and guns will be stacked high...basically, don't set off any explosive weapons in there or you'll be fried. Also, the area around one of Ascendant Justice's bays will be burnt- one shield will be flickering on and off, the other will be gone, and the bay will be full of burnt and broken vehicles and also the inside will be damaged.

*hyperventilating*

That right there is going to take forever bro. I'm starting to think this is a little too ambitious. I mean, MAYBE, if you could pull Nitrousoxide and MonoxideC(GOOD LUCK) into the project, we could pull it off.

crazy SH*T
HoboRockAssassin

Post by HoboRockAssassin »

wow
this sounds great and all
but t he lag is going to make it look like a fucking slideshow

even tho it would still be a really good map if it was done
mr_abc_2

Post by mr_abc_2 »

hmmm u like poa hey there u go :)
Lanche

Post by Lanche »

kamakaze wrote:You can use the BSP of The Truth and Reconciliation.
The external BSP, of the cruiser, or the inside tunnels?

Here's some help: to extract existing BSP, you'll have to open the Halo PC (not CE) level in sparkedit, and under file there is somethin like Export as .obj or export obj mesh. Then you have to get the obj2max plugin for 3dsmax, and import the obj. Then you texture it, and you're done.

EDIT: Beautiful PoA.
gamble

Post by gamble »

Hunter wrote:Well, an update- there will be about 3 Easter eggs, one easy to find (so obvious you're bound to miss it), a hard-to find one and an almost impossible one. They won't be nukes, or anything of that sort...I may as well tell you one will actually be a chocolate egg, the other two are just poster thingies. Also, to add realism and contribute to the pwnage, all vehicles will be boardable (even in space, yes), and you can use rockets or grenades to set off a meltdown of the reactors on either ship (I'm sure you can do this, I've seen similar things on other CE maps). The Covie ship's reactor blows instantly should it go critical, and the PoA gives you 5 mins. like SP. I may try and make the bots (including Keyes and Cortana) get into lifepods should the reactor go critical. All bots can board and drive vehicles efficiently too.

*hyperventilating*

Bungie couldn't do this with the Halo CE engine if they worked their asses off.

Very Nice PoA, did you make that model or did you extract it from somethng?
mr_abc_2

Post by mr_abc_2 »

yes extracted from poa
mr_abc_2

Post by mr_abc_2 »

hanger
{WP}Josh

Post by {WP}Josh »

mr_abc_2 wrote:Image

hanger
I am speechless. Wait, no I am not. THAT THING IS AMAZING! Also the PoA! :shock:
Signature exceeded 75KB.