[MAP] Secret Oasis

Download or post a skin for Halo 2 here.
Dootuz

Post by Dootuz »

I would say try to put more detail into thouse they look... blocky.
Other than that its ammazing.
Tural: Conversation over.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

I think the reason its errm like that is because its not a tileing texture (the back side is... well don't take those pics... that texture definately needs work. (on a side note the bump for that texture is...more 'simplistic' then the rest. its supposed to resemble melted iron.
Pyroman

Recreator Artisan Connoisseur Enthraller
Droplet Firestorm Blacksmith

Post by Pyroman »

Looks good. But yea the name has been taken.
Listen to Protest the Hero.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Well why doesn't someone just go ahead and make a list of every name that has already been used hummmm...

EDIT: Okay; I fixed the name so stop complaining and give some useful criticism :twisted: -- and perhaps download the map while your at it... to better tell me what needs fixing. :wink:
foxfanatic23I7

Stylist Advisor Coroner Connoisseur

Post by foxfanatic23I7 »

I think you need to darken the ground. Make it match the cliff texture more.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Okay I just finished a...very long graphics tweak on the map :wink: ; I'll update the pictures and download tomorrow. I have to be at school in 3 hours so now I'm going to try and get what little sleep I can. :x

Its not funny how little time there is in a day... :?

EDIT: by tomorrow I guess I meant today at 4:00pm...

2nd EDIT: I went the other way on the whole cliff thing. Instead of darkening the ground (which would have depressed the hell out of me if I had to do that... I lightened up the cliffs... now they are pale yellowish... with green 'stuff' on them. And for some reason unknown to me the entire place seems to glow now... oh well at least its not a depressing map! (I couldn't handle anything depressing at the moment).

On a side note I've been awake now for about 17 hours... (2pm...7:40am...=17:20min!!!)

Another side note is I just got back from Starbucks... I live a block away but the grande mocha frapechino didn't even last the trip...

3rd EDIT: Oh ScottyGEE! Are we allowed to ermm...whats it called... inject the BSP into another map, then build the skin from there (so I can add the water...oh and if there is another way to do this without injecting the BSP please tell me because I would HATE to have to transfer all those bitmaps and bumpmaps over to some other map...).

PS: could someone PLEASE tell me what dependency/ident I have to null out to get rid of the purple sheen I see on all those covenant items... OR just tell me how to edit the cubemaps. (AND yes I realize that this is a skins download forums but I am REALLY too tired to use the mouse at the moment to click over to the help forums. -- just go along with me guys -- I get short-tempered when I haven't slept in 18 hours.

4th EDIT: I believe that since this is a Beta release I can ask all these questions since the goal of this thread was to get feedback/help improve 'Secret Oasis".
DoorM4n
Readers Club

Artisan Commentator

Post by DoorM4n »

you spelled desert wrong.
The maximum signature size is 500x120px at 75kb.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Man... if you read my LAST post...you should give me a break about a simple spelling error...

On a side note its now 8:38 and I am at my Multimedia class at the highschool across my street.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

This is and awesome skin, nice work! :D
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

beta... still WIPping it...
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

i like it thus far but either change the cliffs a lil to match the rest of map or vise versa the mc skin is way cool that give the map a really good aspect the on the cave i agree wit everyone else doesn't really match other than that awesome and i don't think the ribs (metal spires near the sword spawn) are that blocky mabey a lil at some angles. im really impressed by all the map made so far there all awesome

nvm bout the cliffs :D man u stay up late lol but i did too till my xbox crapped out so now my map will have to go unfinished oh well there's always other competitions
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

I told myself I would only take a light snooze... ummm---school going to be murder until I get my sleep back on track because its now 8:00pm and I'm just waking up :?

Ahhhh SHEEEEEET! Oh well I get you those updated pictures I was talking about...(Patch will have to wait...er not.... I think I already made one...But that means I have to release a mainmenu patch too... ah well.

Oh and on a side note I made the 24hr no sleep marker yesterday...errrr; today.
Mr_V

Stylist

Post by Mr_V »

Good first skin. The ground is nice.
Signature over filesize limit. Please resize and rehost. Old image // Link from image
XBC: CRAZI
XBL: Mr V1ND1CT1VE
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

I don't think that the pictures I have up do it justice anymore...will update thursday.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

bump -- Ignore the trees and theres my entry (And no its not done...not even close...)