Hey guys.

Wanna show off your Sig/Avatar/artwork. Well this is the place to do it!
xXAnubisXx

Hey guys.

Post by xXAnubisXx »

I'm guessing this is the place for introductions so here I go...

I am a 17 year old boy from Sheffield, England. I have been interested ( addicted? lol ) to video games for as long as I can remember.

One of my aspirations would be to make it into the Video Game Industry, but I need experience...I have already done a 2 year course on Media, Animation & Games, however that course was...lets just say put together extremley bad. I hardly learned anything there, it was 95% Media..lol.

I have looked every-where around where I live and their are no other types of courses relating to Video Games in any way what-so-ever.

So I figured I should maybe get into modding, don't know about you but I once heard a story. Some people were modding a game, I believe it was made by Obsidian Entertainment or Bioware Studios. Anyway after years of work they were acknowledget by the company and were offered jobs.

So that pretty much sums up the reason I'm here, to get good at something that could help me get a job in the future.
JunkfoodMan

Post by JunkfoodMan »

Hello, well, one of the learning aspects of modding hao, is How the mapfile works, game script, Modeling, model animations, and photoshop techniques. Hope you have a great stay here!
wat
residente3

Post by residente3 »

hey whats up im here for kinda the same reson,exp for a job in video games but frankly lol its a blast modding
xXxCocoFangxXx

Post by xXxCocoFangxXx »

There is a Forum for this, it's called Introductions and Sig Testing, anyways welcome to HaloMods!
xXAnubisXx

Post by xXAnubisXx »

Bah sorry! I saw the words "New People Click Here" so of course my first instinct was to post an Introduction, if you want to move it to the correct forum, go ahead.

Anyhow thanks for the warm welcome. :D
The_Hushed_Casket

Re: Hey guys.

Post by The_Hushed_Casket »

xXAnubisXx wrote:So I figured I should maybe get into modding, don't know about you but I once heard a story. Some people were modding a game, I believe it was made by Obsidian Entertainment or Bioware Studios. Anyway after years of work they were acknowledget by the company and were offered jobs.
The same story with Valve (creators of the Half-Life series). The modders that developed Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat were hired right out of high school to work with Valve. Now they've done the same thing with some students at the DigiPen institute of technology to work on their upcoming Portal game.

Welcome to Halomods by the way.
xXAnubisXx

Post by xXAnubisXx »

Thankyou very much for the welcome.

And about the hiring kids who mod thing, I can think of many times when this has happens, thats why I want to get good at it, a job in the Video Game Industry would be a dream come true.

Hope I can learn a-lot on here.
Cuda

Grunge

Post by Cuda »

You got nothing to worry about. Just follow the rules, Keep a level head and willing to learn, and you'll be just fine here.
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

Cuda wrote:You got nothing to worry about. Just follow the rules, Keep a level head and willing to learn, and you'll be just fine here.
And don't talk to Cuda. :wink:

Lawl Welcome.
Not removing this 'till I get back. Leaving on [01/05/09]
llamamastafu

Re: Hey guys.

Post by llamamastafu »

xXAnubisXx wrote:I'm guessing this is the place for introductions so here I go...

I am a 17 year old boy from Sheffield, England. I have been interested ( addicted? lol ) to video games for as long as I can remember.

One of my aspirations would be to make it into the Video Game Industry, but I need experience...I have already done a 2 year course on Media, Animation & Games, however that course was...lets just say put together extremley bad. I hardly learned anything there, it was 95% Media..lol.

I have looked every-where around where I live and their are no other types of courses relating to Video Games in any way what-so-ever.

So I figured I should maybe get into modding, don't know about you but I once heard a story. Some people were modding a game, I believe it was made by Obsidian Entertainment or Bioware Studios. Anyway after years of work they were acknowledget by the company and were offered jobs.

So that pretty much sums up the reason I'm here, to get good at something that could help me get a job in the future.
you've only been here 5 days and you've already:
1. admitted to xbl modding
2. ask how to do stuff that you're not supposed to ask
3. been accused of cheating countless times (which turned out to be true)

other then that, welcome to halomods... your off to a great start huh? :evil:
Serenity Vs. SPPF

who the hell cares?