[FULL & SOURCE] Entity 2.1.1

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
TroyMac1ure

[FULL & SOURCE] Entity 2.1.1

Post by TroyMac1ure »

Update to v2.1.1 build 2882

UPDATES
-----------
*Chunk Cloner returns to previous chunk after hitting the clone button
*Chunk cloner no longer creates bad IFPs
*Drag-Drop from one map to another now works again (and navigates to newly cloned tag)

Entity 2.1.1 (build 2882):
Entity 2.1.1.rar
Entity 2.1.1 Build 2882
* Fixes multiple map issues
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Entity 2.1 (build 35187) Source
http://rapidshare.com/files/199829987/E ... Source.rar
Last edited by TroyMac1ure on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
xzodia

Translator Connoisseur Coagulator

Re: [FULL & SOURCE] Entity 2.1

Post by xzodia »

TroyMac1ure wrote:*...oh, and the CHUNK CLONER NO LONGER CORRUPTS MAPS! :shock:
No pix, No pruf....>_>
Halo 2 Plugins | Lock-on To Just About Anything | My Sites | Snow Hog
Old Plugins you have, upgrade you must...
Always Maintain a High Quality-To-Crap Ratio.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

xzodia wrote:
TroyMac1ure wrote:*...oh, and the CHUNK CLONER NO LONGER CORRUPTS MAPS! :shock:
No pix, No pruf....>_>
No video, no proof Pics can be easily faked. I call shenanigans on that claim anyway. Image

Chunk cloner wasn't main source of the problems. It was usually .Net framework related, plugin related, and biggest of all, user error that killed maps.
Which makes me wonder what you "fixed".
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
TroyMac1ure

Post by TroyMac1ure »

Wow. A Little doubtful??

I have been working at fixing the cloner for hours & hours a day for the past two weeks and I found the source of the problem. So although some plugins may have issues still, the majority of bricking issues should be fixed. Look in the Chunk Cloning thread for a description of what the issue was.

oh, and if you want proof, download it and try it. I figure that'll be proof enough.

Although I do know of an issue (I think I introduced) where cloning from one map to a second messes up. I will fix this soon. For now just have only one map open at a time.

I thought of pictures, but all I could show is cloned chunks and the IFP check "Done" box. You would need video for proof, but I spent all my time fixing the issue instead of doing a video, so feel free to post a video if you'd like.
OneZeroOne

Post by OneZeroOne »

I will test it ^^

Well my main problem is bringing reflexive or chunks from one map to another, but i'll test chunk clonning in only one map and give you feed back ;)

Thank you very much and keep it up :D
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

There are a couple main reasons the chunk clonner fails, and btw your "fix" is only part of a much bigger problem. The tag index is a recrusivly constructed, and it follows the same order as the index and File table. They only way tag could have a higher offset then tag[i + x] is if it is a colo tag. Because they only consist of one reflexive, they pool the reflexives into a common area. I believe vehc and itmc may also do this. So you only fixed a small part of the problem. You still need to fix the unused bullshit, the fact that entity doesnt pay attention to offsets, and the fact that entity doesnt fix BSP magics/fucks something up for BSP when you try to manipulate chunks in sbsp or ltmp tags. This is only one out of a growing list of problems that need to be fixed.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
Doom

Articulatist 500

Location: DHA , SA Team: Liquid Metal Knowledge: Excellent Your Mom?: Yes

Post by Doom »

Dun wry guize, teh chunk clawners legit. i rite clix and den selct chunkcloneszorz, and az u can c, it wrks prfct, i'lb usin dis 4evr. <3

Anyway, guessing it's just my OS, nothing seems to like vista x64.

Just another flop for me, best of luck to whoever uses this.

-Doom
Sig over three lines of text. <--- lik wtf? mods make my sig 4 lines of text, then they letz tis slide as GTAF says, and den dey delete it? likwtf?
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

Plugin error
TroyMac1ure

Post by TroyMac1ure »

Doom wrote: Anyway, guessing it's just my OS, nothing seems to like vista x64.
Just another flop for me, best of luck to whoever uses this.
-Doom
JacksonCougAr wrote:Plugin error
No, my fault. It was late. After I did a small update I only copied the .EXE file to the RAR file. One of the other .DLL files had some code left behind from my debugging. I RAR'd all the files this time and tested with the BR as above -> all good. Thanks for finding that.
Source files were okay, but reuploaded Program File. Get it here or above.

http://rapidshare.com/files/199737385/Entity_2.1.rar

OneZeroOne wrote:I will test it ^^

Well my main problem is bringing reflexive or chunks from one map to another, but i'll test chunk clonning in only one map and give you feed back ;)

Thank you very much and keep it up :D
Try it with multiple maps, just make backups first. I just did a few chunks no problem. I'll have to look deeper into it. I may have been using previously messed up maps for testing before too.
grimdoomer wrote:There are a couple main reasons the chunk clonner fails, and btw your "fix" is only part of a much bigger problem. The tag index is a recrusivly constructed, and it follows the same order as the index and File table. They only way tag could have a higher offset then tag[i + x] is if it is a colo tag. Because they only consist of one reflexive, they pool the reflexives into a common area. I believe vehc and itmc may also do this. So you only fixed a small part of the problem. You still need to fix the unused ***, the fact that entity doesnt pay attention to offsets, and the fact that entity doesnt fix BSP magics/*** something up for BSP when you try to manipulate chunks in sbsp or ltmp tags. This is only one out of a growing list of problems that need to be fixed.

Actually quite a few do. This is from a clean copy of Elongation:
http://rapidshare.com/files/199744964/O ... isting.txt
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

No they don't, reflexives may be pooled in some places, but tags are not just put where ever.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

I don't know why, but I still have a hard time believing it is 100% fixed. I will test it this weekend, though. I'll clone chunks in a map with the old Entity and then clone chunks in another map with this Entity. Let's see what happens.

I appreciate you working on this problem! :D
TroyMac1ure

Post by TroyMac1ure »

grimdoomer wrote:No they don't, reflexives may be pooled in some places, but tags are not just put where ever.
I'm not saying that the meta tags aren't listed in a proper order, what I'm saying is that in the section of the map file that lists all the meta tag's offsets in the map do not list them in complete order. For the most part they are, but there are some special instances where two metas use the same data (metas with Size 0).
For example (taken from http://rapidshare.com/files/199744964/O ... isting.txt):

Code: Select all

3329     40871708 [pphy] objects\vehicles\warthog\attachments\warthog_antenna_steel
3584     40871708 [pphy] effects\point_physics\warthog_antenna_steel
As you can see, they both have the same offset, but the meta #s are over 200 numbers aparts.
The offsets around 3329 are all in order:

3325     40870236 [snd!] sound\vehicles\warthog\new_warthog_right\track1\loop
3326     40870256 [snd!] sound\vehicles\warthog\new_warthog_right\track1\out
3327     40870276 [ant!] objects\vehicles\warthog\attachments\warthog_antenna
3328     40871332 [bitm] objects\vehicles\warthog\bitmaps\antenna
3329     40871708 [pphy] objects\vehicles\warthog\attachments\warthog_antenna_steel
3330     40871772 [weap] objects\vehicles\warthog\weapon\warthog_horn
3331     40873340 [lsnd] sound\vehicles\warthog\warthog_horn\warthog_horn
3332     40873472 [snd!] sound\vehicles\warthog\warthog_horn\horn_loop\in
but the second pointer (3584) is out of sequence:

3581     41243648 [snd!] sound\weapons\chain_gun\traverse\wart_traverse\track\loop
3582     41243668 [ant!] objects\widgets\antenna\scorpion_short_antenna
3583     41244340 [bitm] objects\widgets\antenna\bitmaps\antenna
3584     40871708 [pphy] effects\point_physics\warthog_antenna_steel
3585     41244716 [ant!] objects\widgets\antenna\scorpion_medium_antenna
3586     41245644 [weap] objects\vehicles\scorpion\turrets\cannon\weapon\cannon_turret
3587     41247224 [nhdt] ui\hud\scorpion
Entity just assumed that all the offsets were listed in order and therefore messed up these "out of place" listings.

*UPDATE*
Just got access to my Xbox & verified no fix. My apologies for the misinformation. Thank you Grimdoomer for the direction towards the real fix for the cloner. I had my head wrapped around fixing the IFPs, I thought that was for sure where the issue laid. Well, no more broken IFPs, but back to the drawing board.
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Upload to Halomods, not Rapidshare. When you release another update, edit this thread's title and content, along with attachment -- replace it with the updated version.
OneZeroOne

Post by OneZeroOne »

After injecting a tag some tags may disapear or the one you inject may not, i need to close the map and open it again to see all the tags and the one i injected.
Well and yeah chunk clonning is still as crapy as it has always been :(
TroyMac1ure

Post by TroyMac1ure »

OneZeroOne wrote:After injecting a tag some tags may disapear or the one you inject may not, i need to close the map and open it again to see all the tags and the one i injected.
Well and yeah chunk clonning is still as crapy as it has always been :(
I know. I screwed up. The fix I did stops it from breaking the IFPs, but there is still a much larger issue. Working on it now, although this time I think I will do more thorough testing before I claim it's fixed. This is going to require much more research... :?
Densefire

Re: [FULL & SOURCE] Entity 2.1.1

Post by Densefire »

Hey troy im glad you are working very hard. But, I notice when ever I mod a map with this version of Entity my maps will freeze after a few minutes of play. This happens to me mostly whenever I clone a chunk.