The Great Journey Multiplayer

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
adolif

Literarian 100

The Great Journey Multiplayer

Post by adolif »

Yes, i know its not that impressive of a mod, but nobody seemed to offer it, so i decided to do it myself. Here is "The Great Jounrey" converted to a multiplayer map for 4 player coop. Replaces Ancesion. Apply the patch to the original campaign map, then rename it.

Features:

-Both player models work in your player profile, but you always appear as the Arbiter.

-Originally if you played as a Spartan in your player profile, the FP models wouldnt appear, and all you would see is the hud. I manually went through every weapon to fix this.

-Fully functional, no freezing that i know of, plus the teams all work, be on the blue team.

Other Stuff (should be obvious to alot of people):

-You need MP AI enabled in Yelo Trainer to prevent freezing and to spawn the AI

-Invincibility should be turned on in Yelo Trainer due to respawning complications.

-I havent tested System link yet, can somebody dig up time to play it with me on kai? I need testers.

Other Details:

-Patch is in sppf format because serenity crashes with me whenever i try to make patches.

-Uber screenshot tool doesnt work with me, so i used my very crappy capture card to take very crappy screenshots. DONT KILL ME!!!!!!!!

Here are those very crappy screenshots anyways....
Attachments
4 2008-07-27_121726.jpg
4 2008-07-27_121726.jpg (35.36 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
4 2008-07-27_121704.jpg
4 2008-07-27_121704.jpg (46.54 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
4 2008-07-27_121511.jpg
4 2008-07-27_121511.jpg (49.13 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
the_great_journey_MP.zip
(465.58 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by adolif on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Adolif
http://adomods.tk
I like pie.
Themandyou

Post by Themandyou »

Aww, it's no fun when you have to use invinciility.
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Haha! You can't blame him, MPC isn't perfect, especially with spawn points.

But great job, adolif, good to see that some people still have the motivation to do the "not done."
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.
CaptainPoopface

Artisan Advisor Literarian 250

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Invincibility is still fun if you give yourself infinite grenades and use no weapons other than plasma grenades, except when absolutely necessary. For the part where you fly the banshee, I'd say banshee bombs only.

Glad to see someone used the lengthy MPC tutorial.
Retired. Thank you neodos, DemonicSandwich, DarkShallFall, Dragonfire, foxfanatic2317, GOWO and everyone in the hall of fame.
If you want to know how I did something, take apart my mods.
adolif

Literarian 100

Post by adolif »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Invincibility is still fun if you give yourself infinite grenades and use no weapons other than plasma grenades, except when absolutely necessary. For the part where you fly the banshee, I'd say banshee bombs only.

i didnt use the MPC tutorial.....it naturally didnt work with that tutorial....(the tutorial if followed directly would freeze the xbox once the cinematic is done)....so for the most part.....i used logic and experimentation.

i got it fully working, but the weapon and vehicle indents in the mulg tag had to be nulled. =/
-Adolif
I like pie.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

adolif wrote:
CaptainPoopface wrote:Invincibility is still fun if you give yourself infinite grenades and use no weapons other than plasma grenades, except when absolutely necessary. For the part where you fly the banshee, I'd say banshee bombs only.

i didnt use the MPC tutorial.....it naturally didnt work with that tutorial....(the tutorial if followed directly would freeze the xbox once the cinematic is done)....so for the most part.....i used logic and experimentation.
You should have used neodos's tut.
the cinematics have to be nulled by scripts - figure that out.
use insolence for transfers, don't use entity as stated in the tut
to lessen the transfer time, null all unneeded dependencies. :roll:

If you wanted to use cheif then look at the [matg] under "Player representations" and swap them accordingly with chief being 1st and 3rd.
adolif wrote:Yes, i know its not that impressive of a mod, but nobody seemed to offer it, so i decided to do it myself.
people can't be bothered to make mpc maps, is because they want to make it as perfect as possible, but with current apps this isn't possible. :cry:
Problems like not being able to clone chunks, saving scripts, things not being slc and co-op respawns.
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
adolif

Literarian 100

Post by adolif »

Shock120 wrote:
adolif wrote:

You should have used neodos's tut.
the cinematics have to be nulled by scripts - figure that out.
use insolence for transfers, don't use entity as stated in the tut
to lessen the transfer time, null all unneeded dependencies. :roll:

If you wanted to use cheif then look at the [matg] under "Player representations" and swap them accordingly with chief being 1st and 3rd.
adolif wrote:Yes, i know its not that impressive of a mod, but nobody seemed to offer it, so i decided to do it myself.
people can't be bothered to make mpc maps, is because they want to make it as perfect as possible, but with current apps this isn't possible. :cry:
Problems like not being able to clone chunks, saving scripts, things not being slc and co-op respawns.
yes, i used insolence, without the tut

yes, i nulled a bunch of the mulg's dependencies using entity

and, i didnt null any cinematics....and it works fine...figures

***EDIT***

ok, its not compatible on sys link with the cinematics.....ur right....but i cant script....none of the scripting tools work for me
-Adolif
I like pie.
Battery

Post by Battery »

one of the best campaign levels i loved it 8D