Lab Raiders

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
CaptainPoopface

Artisan Advisor Literarian 250

Lab Raiders

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Lab Raiders
By CaptainPoopface

Remember this room with the awful lightmap?

I killed the lightmap. It's an enclosed map that is almost completely dark. There are 3 weapons. Each one has a different kind of flashlight attached. I know it's not a new idea and is rather tame for my M.O. But it's never been done to my satisfaction, and it certainly changes the game, which is always my aim.

The rocket launcher. Standard issue. This is what you see:

This is what they see:

The night vision magnum. It lights up a good portion of the room, but only for the person wielding it! When you equip it, it also makes that cool "squeeeeeeeeee!" sound that night vision goggles make. It shoots one plasma grenade per clip, so with the reload time, it's essentially just like throwing grenades. You can only hold 5 rounds max. There's no magnum ammo on the map, unless you pull it off a rival's carcass.

This is what you see:

This is what they see:

The brute shot plasma rifle. It lights up about as much space as the night vision magnum, but everyone else can see the light too, so it gives away your location significantly more than the other two weapons. However, it can be dual wielded. The projectile also lights up a lot of space as it flies, so you can scope out other parts of the map for enemy shadows. The overheating and aging ensure a fairly slow rate of fire, slower than the brute shot, but about 12 shots with no reload. You're really a sitting duck with this one, so be aggressive with it.

This is what you see:

This is what they see:

I've tried to give each weapon its tactical tradeoffs. The rocket launcher does the most damage, but it has a poor light that is visible to others. The magnum is great for sneaking around, but it runs out of ammo quickly. The brute plasma can dish out a fair amount of damage and has good visibility, but it makes you very easy to find.

I have also placed a few crates around the map so you can reach the upper level.

Because of the firepower involved, I recommend turning on Damage Resistance in your gametype.

Credits:
Entity 1.6 UE and 1.39
Yelo by xbox7887
UberLightmap Tool by Aequitas

Thank you:
UpsetSpy for BSP conversion, used with kind permission
Monkey Terd for tutorial on flashlights and night vision
DemonicSandwich for triggered flashlight tutorial, although I didn't really use it

Patch Midship
Retired. Thank you neodos, DemonicSandwich, DarkShallFall, Dragonfire, foxfanatic2317, GOWO and everyone in the hall of fame.
If you want to know how I did something, take apart my mods.
xzodia

Translator Connoisseur Coagulator

Post by xzodia »

An interesting selection of weapons...though perhaps not up to your usual standard...
Halo 2 Plugins | Lock-on To Just About Anything | My Sites | Snow Hog
Old Plugins you have, upgrade you must...
Always Maintain a High Quality-To-Crap Ratio.
Sgt.Peppers

Snitch! Connoisseur

Post by Sgt.Peppers »

Looks pretty BA to me.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I LOVE IT.

But kind of small. :?

Great concept, though. :)
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

You are one of the few who still mod Halo 2 and are really good at making these fun concepts. :)
UpsetSpy

Coagulator Wordewatician 100

Location: Emerging from that dark hole in which hid for the past months

Post by UpsetSpy »

*sigh* seeing this old BSP makes me regret never fully finishing Prisoner, i like the concept you did, if i just had an old xbox now :(
Needs motivation to continue modding =[
Lockdown - 85% Updated 9/11
GridIron 1.1Prisoner: UPDATED 9/6!