[MOTM] Floodout Final!

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
bloompyle

Re: Re:

Post by bloompyle »

Eaton wrote:
bloompyle wrote:
Eaton wrote:
Scorch wrote:Nice! This looks pretty juicy.

I'll give it a try.
You didn't have to bump this. And there is a better version on the way. Hopefully it will be released soon.
How soon? And will it be on Halo 2 or 3? And what about sandstorm, this was a blast, I loved it, and cant wait for next one!
When Mutation is released. Of course it will be for Halo 2, I couldn't possibly do what I want in Halo 3. And it's Snowstorm lol. Well, that is my project after this and will most likely be my best and last mod.

But it all depends on when new and better tools are released. I refuse to use Entity any longer.
lol...snowstorm...woops! sorry bout that, and why dont u like entity...unfortunately I can't play ur mod anymore...I had to reinstall my halo2 :( and now, my serenity won't work...I have v3.3 but it won't apply your patch :( lol I was actually gunna use some of ur effects (the ones that make a huge "bubble" like with your pp charged bolt, frag, and outer parts of sniper and pp normal bolt.) I was also gunna use ur skins (I don't post my mods here, I got flamed too much from last post, when I thought my mod was awesome, everybody said it sucked :( it was even skinned!). So do you think you could post ur skins and what those effects were for me? please!
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

bloompyle wrote:
Eaton wrote:
bloompyle wrote:
Eaton wrote:

I'll give it a try.
You didn't have to bump this. And there is a better version on the way. Hopefully it will be released soon.
How soon? And will it be on Halo 2 or 3? And what about sandstorm, this was a blast, I loved it, and cant wait for next one!
When Mutation is released. Of course it will be for Halo 2, I couldn't possibly do what I want in Halo 3. And it's Snowstorm lol. Well, that is my project after this and will most likely be my best and last mod.

But it all depends on when new and better tools are released. I refuse to use Entity any longer.
lol...snowstorm...woops! sorry bout that, and why dont u like entity...unfortunately I can't play ur mod anymore...I had to reinstall my halo2 :( and now, my serenity won't work...I have v3.3 but it won't apply your patch :( lol I was actually gunna use some of ur effects (the ones that make a huge "bubble" like with your pp charged bolt, frag, and outer parts of sniper and pp normal bolt.) I was also gunna use ur skins (I don't post my mods here, I got flamed too much from last post, when I thought my mod was awesome, everybody said it sucked :( it was even skinned!). So do you think you could post ur skins and what those effects were for me? please!
Thanks for being a big fan of my mod. :D Skins? Those aren't skins. The weapons just have the Flood Juggernaut shader. The "bubble" and the shock wave effect are particle models (PRTM). They are in some effect tags.

But I'd be glad to tell you more over the weekend. I'm busy right now.
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

Eaton wrote:
bloompyle wrote:
Eaton wrote:
bloompyle wrote:
Eaton wrote:

I'll give it a try.

Thanks for being a big fan of my mod. :D Skins? Those aren't skins. The weapons just have the Flood Juggernaut shader. The "bubble" and the shock wave effect are particle models (PRTM). They are in some effect tags.

But I'd be glad to tell you more over the weekend. I'm busy right now.
By skins I meant the map skin, the floor, walls.
bloompyle

Re: [MOTM] Floodout Final!

Post by bloompyle »

Also, most weapons don't have a PRTM tag, only effe, do you just replace that? And on Lockout, how do I raise the fog...I have tried everything I can think of, but I can't raise.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

bloompyle wrote:Also, most weapons don't have a PRTM tag, only effe, do you just replace that? And on Lockout, how do I raise the fog...I have tried everything I can think of, but I can't raise.
No. The effect has a PRTM dependency. For example, go to the satchel_charge_explosion effect. You will see a PRTM dependency. Change it to blast_radius_plasma (Blue plasma ball) or blast_radius_plasma_orange (Orange plasma ball). You may need to build those PRTM tags in the map because some maps don't have them.

Fog, not sure. You can null it, but I have never tried moving/raising it.
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

Well, where did you get your fog then? And how did you get it in the normal map? I only have old maps because I can't get the new maps :(
Also can you PLEASE post your map skins, not in a patch just a rar of all the skins PLEASE!!! And I followed your example and it didnt work to well, I think its because I used a bad PTRM :( :( I'm now sending over all the PTRMs of the story and testing them, this is gunna be so awesome!
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

bloompyle wrote:Well, where did you get your fog then? And how did you get it in the normal map? I only have old maps because I can't get the new maps :(
Also can you PLEASE post your map skins, not in a patch just a rar of all the skins PLEASE!!! And I followed your example and it didnt work to well, I think its because I used a bad PTRM :( :( I'm now sending over all the PTRMs of the story and testing them, this is gunna be so awesome!
All I did to get the fog was build in and link the Backwash sky.

There are no skins. They are all shader swaps. Flood Juggernaut Body shader.

I'll give you a small tutorial. Transfer the plasma PRTMs using Entity (with Recursive, Parsed, and Sounds checked), go to the effects\impact\explosion_large\satchel_charge\satchel_charge_explosion effect, and swap the PRTM dependency with the plasma one. Now, go to the Rocket Launcher projectile, and change the Impact Effect to that effect.
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

Eaton wrote:
bloompyle wrote:Well, where did you get your fog then? And how did you get it in the normal map? I only have old maps because I can't get the new maps :(

I'll give you a small tutorial. Transfer the plasma PRTMs using Entity (with Recursive, Parsed, and Sounds checked), go to the effects\impact\explosion_large\satchel_charge\satchel_charge_explosion effect, and swap the PRTM dependency with the plasma one. Now, go to the Rocket Launcher projectile, and change the Impact Effect to that effect.
Well, is there a way that I can tone down the explosion size? because its kinda big...
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

bloompyle wrote:
Eaton wrote:

Well, is there a way that I can tone down the explosion size? because its kinda big...
Use a different effect. There are others with a PRTM dependency. The PRTM will always be as big as the effect.
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

Eaton wrote:
bloompyle wrote:
Eaton wrote:

Use a different effect. There are others with a PRTM dependency. The PRTM will always be as big as the effect.
all righty, well ima test that theory, lemme open up mah entity here....
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

bloompyle wrote:
all righty, well ima test that theory, lemme open up mah entity here....
Holy crap it worked i did radius_plasma and it made a bunch of orangeish rings, now, how do i make the energy bubble thing, which PRTM is that? I'll probably just test like all of them lol, from every map (the ones i dont have) what does the carbine one look like? Anyway, my uncle is over for the weekend...(I have an uncle! omg!) anyway, PEACE! Thanks for all the help! Oh! And the flood juggernaut body shader didn't work for tranfering, but flood juggernaut prawds or whatever the second one was did, (it tranfered at least...) but it black screened when the map started WTF!!! I dont want to skin cuz I fail.....but i need a greenish map skin :( and I'm too far into this to just get one...wait! Can I just make a ppf or something, then patch a skinned map?!?!? OMG!!! That would totally work (I think) please tell me it will. Well I'm off, soooooooooooo tired *yawn* peace! (again...)
Last edited by grimdoomer on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Huge Quote
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

The quote tree has gotten very large. Some pruning is required.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

DemonicSandwich wrote:The quote tree has gotten very large. Some pruning is required.
um...ok...whats pruning mean in this situation?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Stop quoting everything he says.
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

NotZachary82 wrote:Stop quoting everything he says.
I do that so he knows what I'm talking about, now don't bash me for the next 20mnins (I'm eating Red Lobster "Lobster Lover's Dream") its so good and I don't want you to ruin my happy time. Actually so u can't bash me, I'll kill some ninja monkeys (Time Splitters) in the livin room on a better TV because I need a break from this mod....I broke it and my back-up is also false so I gotta start ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL over. :cry: :cry: :cry:
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

That post leads me to a question, how does the key phrase "eating Red Lobster" give me a link to "Dave and Busters" not "Red Lobster" WTF?!?!
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I wasn't bashing you. I was just telling you to not quote the entire post all the time; it takes up too much space. Just quote the last thing the person said.

*Leaves thread now*
ThaGreatOne

Post by ThaGreatOne »

this is really cool, im playing it right now and im loving it. the only problem is when i charge the plasma pistol, when it fires, my xbox freezes.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

ThaGreatOne wrote:this is really cool, im playing it right now and im loving it. the only problem is when i charge the plasma pistol, when it fires, my xbox freezes.
Works fine for me. :? Are you patching a clean map?
ThaGreatOne

Post by ThaGreatOne »

yea i got a clean lockout off my disc, then patched it. im patching with serenity 3.3, is that the right version or does it not matter what version i use?