my mine (works but doesn't look good yet)

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
bumlove

Literarian 250

Location: Islamic fundamentlist capital of europe, seriously my home town is a hole

my mine (works but doesn't look good yet)

Post by bumlove »

Since its been abit slow round here for a few days I'll release this promo for people to have a look at maybe help me perfect it

just throw a frag grenade on a hard surface

it has problems so far it only stick to hard surfaces but it bounces on hard objects (that may be some trial and error on the unknown tick boxes)
it could do with some larger sticking collision
I think if that cant be done an improvement would be to have 1 spawn just to the left and one just to the right of it so it so it sticks a bit better but I can't make head nor tale of the cone angle it needs to have so to spawn a frag 1 to the left and to the right,
the whole thing falls apart after 110 seconds or so but 90seconds is when I've decided it should kill its self plus of course having some kind of model on the floor to avoid and making all else invisible and if I can have a sound to notify activation

normal frag spawns (on impact) frag 1 going up and frag 4 on on the floor (to be used as floor object model)

frag 1 blows up at knee height spawning frag 2 going up
also (delayed) spawns plasma 1 going up
also (delayed further) spawns frag 3 static floating grenade

When frag 2 reaches head height it blows up and spawns frag 3 (static)

all frags have had material changed to brittle and the plasma has been give a initial friction of 2 to brittle so it bounces back at the same speed (in real maths it should be 1 anything faster than 1 would keep getting faster, in halo maths anything faster than 2 would get faster and faster, anything lower than 2 would get slower)

My mine, not only does it have an explosion it counts as your kill and it counts as a stick too

If you can help with anything underlined please post here or send me a pm

For those of you who want to see pictures you're out of luck I don't know how to take pictures but all that happens is you throw a grenade and above where it lands spawns 2 floating stationary frags and boucing up and down between these frags is a sticky (thats the active bit of the grenade)

If you want to use this feel free, credit means nothing to me in fact people using my work I consider a flattery
Attachments
bumloveMine_zanzibar.serenity
patch zanzibar throw a frag on a hard surface
(3.21 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
Last edited by bumlove on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
CaptainPoopface

Artisan Advisor Literarian 250

Post by CaptainPoopface »

AT LAST, you have posted some of your craziness.

I'm too swamped with work to fire up the box for another few days, but I'll be sure to give it a go once time permits.

The velocity cone angle stuff is tricky, but I've messed around with it some and might be able to help there. Off the top of my head, I can think of an alternate approach, but it would involve swapping both projectiles of the plasma pistol. I'll let you know after I do some testing.

Cheers.
Retired. Thank you neodos, DemonicSandwich, DarkShallFall, Dragonfire, foxfanatic2317, GOWO and everyone in the hall of fame.
If you want to know how I did something, take apart my mods.
nickadamz
Readers Club

Post by nickadamz »

you should post a video of the mine and some pictures i want to see this but im not to sure about downloading it
crabby

Post by crabby »

i would like to help, but i cant :( but if u do release it i will
use it in all of my mods :D because the trip mine is kickass
DoorM4n
Readers Club

Artisan Commentator

Post by DoorM4n »

My ftp is not working right now and so I can't play this. A video would be nice :)
The maximum signature size is 500x120px at 75kb.
bumlove

Literarian 250

Location: Islamic fundamentlist capital of europe, seriously my home town is a hole

Post by bumlove »

Sorry guys video or pictures are out of the question I have yelo but all I know how to do with it is turn ai on, being able to take pictures is just another hassle I don't want to deal with
nickadamz wrote:i want to see this but im not to sure about downloading it
so you want to lick the ice cream yet don't want buy it, whats not to be sure about it's a 3.2 meg file
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

I may take pictures and stitch together a video after school. 4 hours from now expect to see an update.
bumlove

Literarian 250

Post by bumlove »

with thanks to Mr jackson

well it is slow 1 dl in 36 hours, proof if any was needed that H2 modding is in a coma (not dead yet, there is hope of a revival) come on people finish the fart and come back modding let the code readers read and let the app writers write
nickzorzz

Post by nickzorzz »

i couldn't get it working at all. my frags just stopped working. what am i doing wrong?
bumlove

Literarian 250

Post by bumlove »

Interesting I don't know whats wrong there (I tested using a blank map and the same serenity file unless you didn't use a blank map or perhaps my shared is screwed <prays that it isn't>), I'm working on mk2 this week a wraith mortar bouncing between 2 floating grenades that still count as a stick
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

It worked for me.
bumlove

Literarian 250

Post by bumlove »

Could I have some opinions please from the few who Dl'd,
I've already decided 90 seconds is too long (3 average halo life times) 60 seconds seems fair, for the floor model I've chosen the crush barrel from headlong (made almost flat and less wide)
I've gone for the wraith mortar as the bouncing bit (better player collision and it still counts as a stick)
I've upped the height so that to jump over isn't as easy, what I really need help with is getting 3 starter grenades to spawn out 120 degs (2.094 rads) apart from each other so that there would be 3 active parts (the bits that will be invisible) formed in a triangle around the floor model for a greater floor coverage and fully reliable sticking

And finally should it be spawned from a gun or should it replace a grenade?