Main Menu Patch - Every New Map (DLC)

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
Sarrg

Post by Sarrg »

There is a problem. Its not a big but it doesn't shown me the describtion and the LEVEL NAME! WHY?
gman

Post by gman »

Snave wrote:
xXxCocoFangxXx wrote:Do you have to have the new Auto Update to work the new Maps??
No you don't, you can be running any version. I've personally tested with 1.0 and the 1.1 update.
srry but to correct you there are actually more than just 2 versions the update before this recent one would not allow you to load the maps wheather you hosted or joined the patch that came with te map pack disc or the one that came out with the maps will do
Shriuikan

Post by Shriuikan »

I went to patch this, and it says it doesn't match the original, but I'm using the mainmenu.map straight from the disk... erm, what's going on?
baounit

Post by baounit »

I got it to work.

1) Download your "mainmenu.map" file located in the Halo2/Maps folder
2) Create two copies of mainmenu.map, the original and mainmenu1.map
3) Load Serenity
4) Click the "Apply" tab on Serenity and load the main menu patch created by Snave
5) The source map should be the original mainmenu.map
6) The output map should be mainmenu1.map
7) Apply and upload the new mainmenu1.map named as "mainmenu.map"
8) Upload the maps to halo2/maps folder
9) Play!
Last edited by baounit on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battery

Post by Battery »

Wouldnt you need the maps in the folders for it to work though? You cant just put the mainmenu and have it work.

edit: If thats true i have a idea and im positive its not illegal: It involves somebody modding an unmodded xbox though
xxcrack3rxx

Post by xxcrack3rxx »

i made one of these but nobody downloaded it
Shadow_Dog

Post by Shadow_Dog »

do you have to have a clean mainmenu for this? because I want all maps, old, old new, new new.
james8492
Readers Club

Post by james8492 »

do you have to resign the mainmenu?
InsaneTrout
Readers Club

Post by InsaneTrout »

cdh2 wrote:can someone upload these two maps?
Link removed, that's very illegal.

If you post illegal stuff again, you'll be punished.

also i can't get any of these patches to work on my computer an error message keeps comming up any suggestions or ideas it would help very much,thanks.

i don't see how that site i posted was illegal, HELLO!!!!! did you forget were modding xbox's and hacking halo 2 and your telling me that what i posted was illegal your crazy.there copies of halo 2 so what and i didn't make that site either nor put anything on there it's not illegal, plus im sure that people have posted regular maps that are unmodded on this site.
GametagAeonFlux wrote:
cdh2 wrote:can someone upload these two maps?
That would be illegal.
No it's not illegal you can't say it's illegal when you do it yourself what we do on this whole site is pretty much illegal so who care's,I mean we mod xbox's and hack video games and your gonna say making copies of a game is illega who cares if it's illegal I thought we were modding halo 2 isn't that what this site is about,and if it is who cares if there are copies of halo 2 maps made honestly.

It's not illegal, we don't redistribute the original map files (which is copyrighted) but distribute mods in ppfs (which is not illegal) But. if you do see someone posting links or hosting original map files here, please, feel free to report it.

Besides, that was a triple Post. RC for 3 days.
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Post by SpecOp44 »

InsaneTrout wrote:i don't see how that site i posted was illegal, HELLO!!!!! did you forget were modding xbox's and hacking halo 2 and your telling me that what i posted was illegal your crazy.there copies of halo 2 so what and i didn't make that site either nor put anything on there it's not illegal, plus im sure that people have posted regular maps that are unmodded on this site.
What you posted broke the rules. It was illegal. No further discussion is needed.

Also, don't triple post.
Samurai JM

Post by Samurai JM »

yep posting objects that people actually have to pay for IS illegal, what people do here is completely custom and just added on to what is already payed for. too bad for people like me who lost XBL though :D do they still sell mappacks for them in stores? Hang 'em High was my fav map on H1, and these patches look great.
kamicalo76

Post by kamicalo76 »

I updated halo 2 to version 1.1 and when i patch the mainmenu.map and the other two maps, derelict/highplains. I get 2 problems.

1. for some odd reason Lockout.map does not load, it says failed to......, and it shows a different pic.

2. I get 2 of the blastacular maps. terminal,containment, etc, showing on the menu.

When I manually take the update of they work fine but still have the 1st problem. all maps are in my maps folder, including the 2 new ones.

thnx for the help in advance.
G.I.R.

Recreator Coroner

Post by G.I.R. »

Disable the update.
I think Noobraska is a pretty cool state. eh grows corn and doesn't afraid of anythng.
(12:18:11 AM) GTAF: DAMNIT GIR WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT OF VINCE'S DICK.
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

will this work with highplains2.map?
G.I.R.

Recreator Coroner

Post by G.I.R. »

Uh...? I only ever got highplains.map, never got highplains2.map. If my patches don't work, you might try Snave's.
I think Noobraska is a pretty cool state. eh grows corn and doesn't afraid of anythng.
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

G.I.R. wrote:Uh...? I only ever got highplains.map, never got highplains2.map. If my patches don't work, you might try Snave's.
its the rerelease version i think
G.I.R.

Recreator Coroner

Post by G.I.R. »

Well...Uh...>_>

Snave, you take this one, I'm outta here. <_< *runs away*
kamicalo76

Post by kamicalo76 »

G.I.R> Ive done that. but i can't play Lockout.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

i think it depends on if you managed to get the update when it first came out or after bungie had to make some updates i havn't seen a highplanes2.map file either

kamicalo76 try taking a lockout map file thats not had the update and replacing it with the one that had the update fixed to it that should solve your problem idk y lockout should still have the update if you've disabled it like G.I.R said to do

and insane trout the reason this site is legal is because its patches just stuff added on its not the actual map .map files are illegal because thats sharing somthing you have to pay for even if it is only 4 bucks
xXxCocoFangxXx

Post by xXxCocoFangxXx »

Ya, Highplains2 is the newest version of Tombstone. You have to update to Highplains2 to play Halo 2 on XBL.

We need a newer patch here Snave. =]