Larger BSP Conversion *Tut and App Included*

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

newmembassa, second bsp, the one where you find the scarab gun.
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ
latinomodder

Post by latinomodder »

I had a problem testing systemlink I got a blue screen, could it be because of "if" scripts or that the map had more than one sbsp?
DoorM4n
Readers Club

Artisan Commentator

Post by DoorM4n »

Ok, I'm very confused now. I went ahead and did a new sp bsp. The exact one from the tutorial. The bsp is in introduction.map. (The only one there)

Well I go ahead and do the conversion process.

Steps
1. Got fresh maps and double checked with Antony's new map checker tool. They were fresh.

2. Opened beavercreek.map in H2Core and decompiled the map by clicking - "Map" and then selecting "Decompile." Waited for a minute for it to say "Done (time)"

3. Closed H2core and then reopened and opened the map introduction.map. Selected the ltmp tag and selected the lightmap. I then selected - "Decompile" and then selected "Decompile Recursively"

4. I then did the exact same for the bsp.

5. Opened H2Guerrilla and opened the beavercreek scenario tag. I then referenced the ltmp and the bsp of the introduction.map in the "Structure BSP" section.

6. Clicked File>Save and closed H2Guerrilla

7. Opened H2Core and then opened beavercreek.map. I clicked "Map" then selected "Rebuild." I then selected all of the boxes and opened the beavercreek scenario. Selected Rebuild and it rebuilt the map in under 30 seconds.

8. Closed H2Core and then opened beavercreek.map in entity and saw alot of missing tags. Well I remember pokecancer explained how there could be missing and tags and so I ignored them. I opened the bsp tag and selected the "Raw Data" button. (Little blue button) Selected the map and then got this error. Notice how many tags there are. Also Notice the new map size I received after rebuilding.

Thanks for reading and helping me out so far guys. I'm really anxious to getting this tool working.

Brief Error

Map Sizes

The error code if this helps.
Attachments
Rebuilding Error.rar
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
The maximum signature size is 500x120px at 75kb.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

He he...its so tiny...
But yea... no idea why your does that--mine just gets bigger then doesn't work, lol.

Just try redoing it using different base map...
DoorM4n
Readers Club

Artisan Commentator

Post by DoorM4n »

Since alot of people can't get H2core to convert maps but they do want to make mods with the new maps. It would be cool if someone could create a thread in the Modding Discussion to allow people to ask for a specific bsp to be made over a specific map so others can help out and make mods.

It wouldnt be right if I made the thread because I cant even get the program to rebuild properly on this computer.
The maximum signature size is 500x120px at 75kb.
x088x

Critic

Post by x088x »

Doorm4n, I would be happy to convert that for you tomorrow after I get home from school, if you're interested.
Halo 3 ruined everything..
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

Doorm4n, your wish has been granted. :wink:

http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.ph ... 521#582521
Dootuz

Post by Dootuz »

Nice app really. it helps alot.
Tural: Conversation over.
Domnio

Post by Domnio »

Post Deleted.
RaVNzCRoFT removed my signature because it contained too many lines of text. I'll read the rules next time.
Dootuz

Post by Dootuz »

English would be nice.
Tural: Conversation over.
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

Wow kid. Don't fuss about it here. Theres a place to do that in the modding discussion. Well, not that - but somewhere to at least explain your problem. :?
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

..Ok to some of the people having errors try this. First delete your entire tag folder. Then extract the entire SP bsp and MP bsp. Then change the scenerio and build. Thats what i did and so far my new_membassa_04 map is perfect.
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ
XTHIRST
Readers Club

Post by XTHIRST »

I had to do that a few times^
xGhostlySnowx

Post by xGhostlySnowx »

the odd thing about this app is that it worked but slow with my 512 ram (6hrs) and now when i upgraded to 1gig it takes like 6 seconds and it dosn't work... :( but i think it is cause my computer like dual channel ram and wants another 512 stick in the other slot so yea i dont know if that would be the problem or not.... but i hope the next realease will fix this...
Gruntlord5

Re: Larger BSP Conversion *Tut and App Included*

Post by Gruntlord5 »

any one have a link to this map?
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

You could try following the tutorial...

And even if his doesn't download, there's plenty others.
Last edited by Aumaan Anubis on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.
diamondbackk60

Post by diamondbackk60 »

Very nice app ive done this the old way a long time ago *about a year* with new Mombasa bridge scene took a ton of work lol