Halo 3volved BETA

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
antszy101

Stylist Critic

Post by antszy101 »

I will be hosting a 3volved arena on xlink now with my friend. If anyone wants to join, its under mods and hacks-3volved.
Nappy

Post by Nappy »

thats strange i made that one and i thought it might actually be too powerful, has a very nice distance(though i meant to lower it) as for strength i made it have half the reloading time of a shotgun and i believe 3/4ths of its damage, so this dualed is more powerful in a few ways than a shotgun o.o

However in light of new info on the game i will be redoing it as its only semi-accurate to how halo 3s mauler works, i actually made this before any info was released on the mauler
That's great to hear. Are you going to slow the firing rate of the pistol too? It fires way to fast and it's way too sick when you have two of them.
Last edited by Nappy on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamagushi

Articulatist 500

Post by Yamagushi »

The pistol i believe i set to the exact specs bungie released about the gun back when they announced halo 3 however i did the damage by hand and im almost certain i set it too high, this has already been addressed and will be in the next update.
Don't be.
Nappy

Post by Nappy »

Yamagushi wrote:The pistol i believe i set to the exact specs bungie released about the gun back when they announced halo 3 however i did the damage by hand and im almost certain i set it too high, this has already been addressed and will be in the next update.
You need to look again. I played in the beta and it was a 5 shot kill and it fired very slowly.
Yamagushi

Articulatist 500

Post by Yamagushi »

I checked it out it seems you are right, somehow the rounds per second was still set to its default 0, this has been fixed, it is now 2 rps, does the damage by chance seem right or does it need to be lowered in ur opinion?
Don't be.
Nappy

Post by Nappy »

Yamagushi wrote:I checked it out it seems you are right, somehow the rounds per second was still set to its default 0, this has been fixed, it is now 2 rps, does the damage by chance seem right or does it need to be lowered in ur opinion?
Yes, it seems right. The damage is perfect. It's a 5 shot kill, just like the Halo 3 beta.
nitemare1414

Help please

Post by nitemare1414 »

I tried both the SPPF patches, and both of the serenity patches, and it says my disk is either dirty or damaged.. When i launch halo 2 off hdd, it says bungie, plays that gay guitar, then says loading, then it says disk is dirty or damaged.....I patched both of the maps, renamed coagualtion to coagulation3volved.map, then I resigned both the mainmenu.map and coagulation3volved.map with encryptomatic signature, then FTPed...I have all the required folders to have h2 on my hdd (bink, media, fonts, shared, default.xbe, and whatever else)

Somebody tell me what i am doing wroing please :(
Yamagushi

Articulatist 500

Post by Yamagushi »

id say check if ya have all the files and make sure ur shared.map is clean and working. ive had this happen a few times just to notice i missed something. Failing at the point you discribed is either the something is missing or the mainmenu isnt signed.
Don't be.
nitemare1414

Post by nitemare1414 »

Thanks, i transfered a new, clean shared, resigned mainmenu again, and it worked...only problem is, when i go over to the bubble shield spawn, it says hold x to pick up bubble shield, i hold X and xbox freezes...is this happening for everyone else?
Yamagushi

Articulatist 500

Post by Yamagushi »

It is rumored that using v1.0 no AU makes it no longer freeze, however it is uncertain at this time.
Don't be.
Nappy

Post by Nappy »

Yamagushi wrote:It is rumored that using v1.0 no AU makes it no longer freeze, however it is uncertain at this time.
Using 1.1 works fine for me. Did you read my post about the pistol damage (again, it's exactly right)?
Yamagushi

Articulatist 500

Post by Yamagushi »

Nappy wrote:
Yamagushi wrote:It is rumored that using v1.0 no AU makes it no longer freeze, however it is uncertain at this time.
Using 1.1 works fine for me. Did you read my post about the pistol damage (again, it's exactly right)?
Hmm ill have to look into this. Yes I did read the post thats good to hear, it seems it just had to high a rate of fire, i corrected it in the next update.
Don't be.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

if the pistol is close to as fast and powerful as it is now make it non duel weildable, if not go with how h3 did it and make it duel weildable, and yes 1.1 doesn't have any freezing errors but 1.5 does, but idk maybe its my yelo but sometimes my yelo froze the game.
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
Evilsnowflakes

Connoisseur

Post by Evilsnowflakes »

The pistol does need the fire rate slowed down and yes, if you are having problems with freezing, just turn off the update and it should work fine, well it worked for me anyways.
Remember, Violence is always the answer.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

im guessing we have to add the coag 3vloved beta to the mainmenu ourselves since the serenity patch for the map and the serenity for the mainmenu doesnt have the additional info for adding it to the mainmenu.

(i havent played it yet, so maybe im wrong :?)

i patches the actual map just fine, but when i go to patch the mainmenu, so far its still "Processing File/Unicode Block" and has been for the last like 30min or so.....help here :(
Mod for those who will use them correctly.
modded4life

Post by modded4life »

this mod is awesome! and the bubble shield, i can only use it while running yelo or it freezes, and the chopper is invincible while being driven i stood next to it lighting it on fire and the person took NO damage
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

ok the patcher finally got to the end for the mainmenu patch, BUT it errored at the end, i ran it again, same thing (at least i think i have a clean map)

EDIT: put clean map on, still errored after like 15min of patching :(
jeremy900

Literarian 50

Post by jeremy900 »

FINALLY I GET TO POST.
sorry it took me so long to post here i got banned. but anyway AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME job. though one thing.....PLEASE make the flame thrower damage and distance up just a little bit it takes WAY to long to kill some one with it. but other than that it is AMAZING!!!! :D
Yamagushi

Articulatist 500

Post by Yamagushi »

Dragonfire wrote:ok the patcher finally got to the end for the mainmenu patch, BUT it errored at the end, i ran it again, same thing (at least i think i have a clean map)

EDIT: put clean map on, still errored after like 15min of patching :(
Indeed, it has been stated that that patch doesnt work >_> use the sppf for the main menu...
Don't be.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

i did, i just didnt post bk fast enough :P

now if only my FTP would work :? *argh*