Need Help With Map Convertion

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
coolcat5191

Need Help With Map Convertion

Post by coolcat5191 »

hey there. I have my xbox all moded out with halo burned onto the drive. I have some halo custom edition maps that i made myself. Now can someone please list in detail how i would convert it to my xbox to run properly. Thanks alot.
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

Doesnt belong in this section, should me in modding discussion.
rebirth

Post by rebirth »

Ask preston566 he'd probably help you or just seach for a conversion tool such as <removed>
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

rebirth wrote:Ask preston566 he'd probably help you or just seach for a conversion tool such as <removed>
Is that a joke? The program you speak of isn't public nor is it supposed to be anywhere on the internet. Also, there are other people here who know how to convert maps...I'm not even sure Preston was supposed to have it but i've given a few minor tips to help him out.

Bottom line, no speak of the converting program.
{KaS} Korori

Post by {KaS} Korori »

Im with kibito87, We do not talk about that program or release any links to it. It was leaked.

All I can say is figure out the hex changes in halo ce and xbox values and then you might be able to convert CE- to - xbox. But i would just recommend making mods of xbox maps.

Korori
Please visit my forum and sign up. Ask question, request maps on xbox.
Establish in 2003 Visit my clan at kororigaming.com/kasclan
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

{KaS} Korori wrote:Im with kibito87, We do not talk about that program or release any links to it. It was leaked.

All I can say is figure out the hex changes in halo ce and xbox values and then you might be able to convert CE- to - xbox. But i would just recommend making mods of xbox maps.

Korori
Thank you Korori. If you would like a large step in the right direction, start out with scenery. You can extract a CE map's bsp into object form. From there, you can inject it into an xbox map. Then from there, you can make the bsp a piece of scenery. Then just spawn the scenery in the maps scenario. Then as long as the scenery is referenced you can see it and move it in Sparkedit. From there, just move player, item collection...etc. onto the (scenery).
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Post by Twinreaper »

kibito87 wrote:
rebirth wrote:Ask preston566 he'd probably help you or just seach for a conversion tool such as <removed>
Is that a joke? The program you speak of isn't public nor is it supposed to be anywhere on the internet. Also, there are other people here who know how to convert maps...I'm not even sure Preston was supposed to have it but i've given a few minor tips to help him out.

Bottom line, no speak of the converting program.
No offense guys, but this is exactly the type of mentallity and selfishness that is slowly killing the modding scene. We are in desperate need of new tools to achieve new hieghts of modding. I just think it would be nice if we could all just share and be civil.
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Half of the people who own the program did not get permission to use it. Nor were they ever supposed to have it. It's not our fault that it's private and wasn't made public. If you have a problem with that, talk to the creator. Whoever is allowed usage of the program would then be leaking it to the public, which would be against the creators wishes. So...are you going to disrespect them and do it anyways, or keep it private like it's meant to be and NOT DISCUSS IT as if it was never created. If it was not known to be made, then nobody would want it.

If you think it's the user's of the programs fault, then you are dead wrong in thinking they are the ones hurting the community. They are only keeping their word in not leaking the program. So there is no use in blaming myself, or any other person that actually does have permission to use anything we are given...of course in this context.

So again, NO MORE DISCUSSION of it. If you have nothing productive to say to the topic creator pertaining to their question. Then please don't bother posting about this any further.
Twinreaper wrote:We are in desperate need of new tools to achieve new hieghts of modding. I just think it would be nice if we could all just share and be civil.
If your desperation was that bad then you would create these "new tools" to do so. There is nothing holding anybody back from making programs themselves...besides being lazy and not taking initiative. This is why people need to stop bitching about what they do have. People are lucky enough to have what's been given to them already. Of course, no offense to you as well Twin.
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Post by Twinreaper »

I do understand where you are coming from though. I guess what I mean to say is, I just wish people would be more open about any progress they make and have a little more faith in people. I wish I knew the first thing about programing, but alas, I am more of an artist than a PC guy. I do appriciate all the wealth of knowledge others have contibuted, it has helped me from my humble beginnings. I do not wish any disrespect to those who have the means and the resolve to do these great things. I just get a litle fustrated at times trying to find ways to accomplish what I want done. Sory for the rant. :oops:

PS: Is there a link to a tut to possibly converting the PC or CE to Xbox? And if so could someone please post the link. I would love to have a look at it.
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

If you look around, I can't remember where I posted it but somewhere round here I gave a good beginning to getting CE bsp's into xbox. It's a cheap way of going about it but it works none the less. Search around a little bit and i'm sure you'll find it.
preston566

Wordewatician 250

Post by preston566 »

If you need help, please send me your map. I will not use it, or anything.
I will convert and send back.

~preston556

They are right, we should not discuss "it".
A friend and I are developing another one, and if it finishes, its open
for download.
Please, If you need religious help, PM me. God Will Wait For You.
I still cannot feel. The problem, is ireversable. :cry:
ultama121

Post by ultama121 »

preston566 wrote:A friend and I are developing another one, and if it finishes, its open for download.
Now THAT is some good news.
Thanks Scotty Gee for the avatar. Thanks Anthony for the Sig.