ICE Gulch w/ Two Towers and Frosted Weapons *UPDATED*

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files

What should I do with the Ghost?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:14 pm

Leave it the way it is with the ability of flight.
20%
Make it slower but still allow for flight.
40%
Change it back into a normal Ghost.
40%

Total votes: 5

SlayerOfGrunts

Re: My brain is exploding

Post by SlayerOfGrunts »

jansim wrote:You rule :!:
Is that possible to add similar features to SW ?

Jansim
By similar fetures if you mean change it to forest that has already been done and is located in the Eliet Halo Mods section.
If you are refering to the textures and stuff then the answer is yes.
As far as models go they are very hard to work with when moving them to other maps and very rarely do they come out the way you would want them to.
duey2k

Post by duey2k »

yea im a super noob. not sure how i missed the teleporter :oops:
Kaiser Zero

Post by Kaiser Zero »

Just chiming in that this mod is excellent, fun, and pretty well balanced (except for the Ghosts... a bit too powerful. Vehicle speeds should be lowered, in my opinion). But overall, very excellent. Thanks for the hard work.
Mat1650

Post by Mat1650 »

you should replace the ghosts with banshees and the tanks with pelicans :) that would make the map perfect in my eyes, if you have time that is what you should do. :D :D :D :D
HALO!!! OHHHH!!! HALO!!!! OHHHHH HALO HOW I LOVE YOU!!!
Halo117

Post by Halo117 »

adam07 wrote:1st post!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet 8)

I hope those damn PC guys are jelous. We need more attention! Gotta feel sorry for PAL though. And I don't know what to say about Mac guys...
We PAL guys are feeling sad as always. There is not much PAL mods :(
This looks really good.
childsremix

Post by childsremix »

I love this mod! As far as changing anything I think maybe some texture changes. I personally took your mod and changed the tanks to covenant turrets and put them up on the tower as a way to defend it against the ghost. Only problem Im running into is keeping them in the same place. My friend simply shoots them off with a rocket. Any idea on how to make the turrets stay in one place even after being shot with a rocket?
SlayerOfGrunts

RE: Turret falling off the top of the base prolem

Post by SlayerOfGrunts »

Have you tried making the turred extremely heavy and lowering its center of gravity?
That may just do the trick :wink:
childsremix

Post by childsremix »

Yeah I've tried making them heavier, infact what I did was copy the scorpions information found in the physics section (HMTv3). No luck.. they started moving constantly on their own. I tried making them all zero's but then they disappeared completely. Now by changing their center of gravity could you give me an idea on the numbers because I just cant figure it out. Any other ideas?
penner2

Post by penner2 »

you could just turn the force off on the rockets and genades,but that means you just stay still when a rocket/grenade hits you :( you will still die though
SkateUSD

Post by SkateUSD »

cant wait till i get a modchip to play this mod :shock:
darkhalo1326

Post by darkhalo1326 »

this is a great mod but i think u could have added a few more things

i was wondering how u changed the surface of bg to the snow?
Your image cannot exceed 400x200 or 50kb
sp00geD

Post by sp00geD »

great map, i can see you really took your time, keep modding hopefully you'll come out with another great map
(GT)Juggler

Revivalist Recreator

Post by (GT)Juggler »

darkhalo1326 wrote:i was wondering how u changed the surface of bg to the snow?
he opened the bitmap of the blood gulch's ground in photoshop and just changed the colors
(image --> adjustments --> color balance , then move the sliders)
jake07777

Wordewatician 250

Post by jake07777 »

Or you can just take the ground from Sidewinder and inject it straight into the BloodGulch ground. Simple and Usefule.
(GT)Juggler

Revivalist Recreator

Post by (GT)Juggler »

actually it looks MUCH better my way (the way he did it in icegulch) b/c if u take the sw ground and swap it, it wont have color changes in the right places, like where the paths are on the ground in bg.
XboxTech

Literarian 100

Keeper

Post by XboxTech »

Well I liked it just the way it is, if I change anything I will slow the ghost some,but in my game it will still fly. The first thing is well done changeing the blood gulch colors, the towers are my favorite building block texture ,looks cool. You can jump down, or transport around, nice. Oh I did add a lightning blue skin to the ghost :shock: ,looks great ,a keeper :wink: PS nice ground light map better than sidewinder texture :wink:
freezej8105

Post by freezej8105 »

i need help loading this file to my xbox
Gute

idiot

Post by Gute »

u need help getting all these useless mods out of your xbox.

damn... get a life.

wait for halo 2, fags.. quit ruining halo
Bassist-X

Re: idiot

Post by Bassist-X »

Gute wrote:u need help getting all these useless mods out of your xbox.

damn... get a life.

Wow this guy again. I love the whole "get a life" approach when he just sits here on forums as he has pointed out before just to flame people with decent mods. I think I should just go ahead and report this on IRC to some moderators... anyway Gute if you're reading this: get a life, for real actually.
|T|u|r|b|o| It's my anti-drug.
goatninja

Wordewatician 50

Re: idiot

Post by goatninja »

Gute wrote:u need help getting all these useless mods out of your xbox.

damn... get a life.

Poor Gute... i think he's having problems for real, i was looking at his previous posts and this is a sudden change in him... here's a sample:

Gute

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:34 pm Post subject: this mod..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i kno for a fact that this mod is FUN.. reason is dodging warthogs are fun.. and i am inddeeed the hog dodger, no one can run me over.. i dodged 3 warthogs for quite soemtime.. anyone wanna prove me rong? w0000t 1st p0st

Gute

Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:36 pm Post subject: this mod..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i kno for a fact that this mod is FUN.. reason is dodging warthogs are fun.. and i am inddeeed the hog dodger, no one can run me over.. i dodged 3 warthogs for quite soemtime.. anyone wanna prove me rong? w0000t 1st p0st

This is a nice comment from him... even double posted... ahhh, what a cute little noob!!! just kidding... anything i can seriously do to help you come back to the light???? MR Murder is working on a special mod i previewed last night.... suffice it to say it is the best level mod I have EVER played, the design concepts are leagues beyond anthing out there... if you come back to the light i'll ask him if you can try it too!!!

don't flame my outstretched hand dude!!!

come back to the light.....