Goldeneye Temple Beta 2 in BG, textures, sounds, and music

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
[files]TheGuardians

Goldeneye Temple Beta 2 in BG, textures, sounds, and music

Post by [files]TheGuardians »

This is my first level mod. It has about 650 platforms. And many many hours into it. Beta 2 has new Goldeneye temple textures borowed straight from the game using an emulator and photoshop. Just in case you were wondering I used a worthog for keeping the level to scale. When I went from beta 1 to beta 2 changing the textures didn't put all the right texture on the walls and ceiling so I had to flip some of the platforms around and put them back into place. About 1/4 of the blocks. I will post some new pictures soon. I challenge anyone to find out how to get on top of the level, it's the non-moving king of the hill spot.
The only things missing so far is oddball, and moving king of the hill.
----------------
Thanks to:
-Streaker for the idea to make a goldeneye level and his fog settings

-Gernadiac and MonoxideC for their awsome map editing tools
----------------
Tools used:
-Sparkedit (used the warthog for keeping the map to scale)
-Halo Map Tools
-project 64 emulator for textures, sounds, and measurements
-photoshop
Attachments
goldeneye_addon_sounds_and_weapons1_beta_2.rar
This changes alot of sounds, functions of the halo weapons and music, but I don't know how to model yet so that is all that is missing. This weapons pack has some of the more popular weapons from goldeneye multi-player, which includes rockets, shotgun, sn
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 592 times
temple2.JPG
temple2.JPG (177 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
temple1.JPG
temple1.JPG (190.21 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
Golden_Eye_Temple_In_BG_BETA_2.rar
(529.28 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
Last edited by [files]TheGuardians on Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cold_Fusion

Post by cold_Fusion »

You should post some screenshots of it...
Streaker

Post by Streaker »

Great job man, its nice to have another Goldeneye map, THE MORE THE BETTER!!! This thing should be sweet to play. Its still pretty raw, especially around the ramps but it can only get better.

Hey, If you're gonna do anymore of these let me know so we don't release the same map. I was planning on doing the Bunker and Facility next. But if you wanna do one of those first just let me know.
Qwiz

Post by Qwiz »

I don't see why anyone would critize that... great work (especially for your first time)
Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus »

Thats awesome with the sounds!
adam07

Post by adam07 »

It's great having my old favorite FPS combined with my new favorite FPS. That was my favorite level, too.
Sig too big
jkjk

Snitch! Critic

Post by jkjk »

Awesome music and sounds!! I liked the fact that you changed the textures. XOrange's blocks just seem so grey. Once you fix the glitchy walls (which few have had success), it would be perfect.
jkjk

Snitch! Critic

Post by jkjk »

The music skips sometimes. Are you planning to fix that? I'm gonna use that for Streaker's complex also.
UltraMangus has made some great walls so maybe you can use his blocks. Keep up the cool mods.
Streaker

Post by Streaker »

Man that is some awesome work. You've done some amazing things. The sound/weapon mods is fantastic. If you're still gonna do another one after this feel free to do any map you want, I'm kinda messing with another theme mod at the moment(can't say much more). I'm definitely gonna get back to Goldeneye right after though. Keep it up man!
jkjk

Snitch! Critic

Post by jkjk »

I don't like the changed grenades. I can fix the frag ones but how do I change the fast bouncing plasma nades back to normal? When I do it in HCE, they just float stationary in air.
fezzman

Wordewatician 100

Post by fezzman »

This is truly a great mod. The sounds and music are what make it. I was sketchy at first about the music because it was in a ppf but it worked out great. My only problem is that it won't compress (or open for that matter) in SE 3.2. I was really hoping to compress it and put it on the same permanently modded halo that I've got the Complex level on. Guess I'll have to do it without the sounds. :(
jkjk

Snitch! Critic

Post by jkjk »

use 2.5
fezzman

Wordewatician 100

Post by fezzman »

jkjk wrote:use 2.5
I thought that 3.2 had fixed that earlier glitch. Thanks for reminding me why I used to use 2.5...worked like a charm. :D
TigerHawk

Post by TigerHawk »

How did you get the music and sounds recorded? And does the sounds and weapon mods PPF work for the Complex mod also? Great work!
maggatslayer

Post by maggatslayer »

what level is this for?
blink182house

Post by blink182house »

What fog settings did you use?
blink182house

Post by blink182house »

This is awesome! My friend and I are testing it out, and you did a great job. When you do get the weapons remodelled it's going to look great!

Good job on the sound effects!

A couple things:

1) Why is there no normal pistol? You've got the silenced pistol on the sniper... and the plasma pistol is NORMAL (no sound changes).

2) Maybe you should remove the melee from behind damage... I suggest making the damage the same for all 3 entries. In Goldeneye, there's no one-hit-kill for melee's from behind.

3) Remove the bouncing plasma grenades instantly. I either suggest removing the plasmas, or making them stick to anything (like a mine on Goldeneye, a timed-mine). Having so many grenades bouncing around made SO MUCH LAG that my xbox froze.
(GT)Juggler

Revivalist Recreator

Post by (GT)Juggler »

yea this seriously is one of the best mods ever. Fix some unstable blocks, add better models, itll be #1, but its def. top 5 right now, IMO
jkjk

Snitch! Critic

Post by jkjk »

3) Remove the bouncing plasma grenades instantly. I either suggest removing the plasmas, or making them stick to anything (like a mine on Goldeneye, a timed-mine). Having so many grenades bouncing around made SO MUCH LAG that my xbox froze.
Chg the proj to 0 and the arc to 1 in hmt
ekimlive

Post by ekimlive »

hey, i was just wondering if you could make the halo guns look like the goldeneye guns. that whould make this level soooo.....kickass