Old Xbox mod discussion topic.

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
porkchoplomein

Post by porkchoplomein »

you must make mappack
Gained acceptance to Norwich University military college, hopefully riding on a Marine scholarship.
stig87

Post by stig87 »

A long while back
Stinger77s

Wordewatician 100

Post by Stinger77s »

Why is it that people know how to convert CE maps to Xbox but they cannot share how they do it. Why will they get in trouble?
stig87

Re:

Post by stig87 »

[quote="stig87"]A long while back
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

Stinger77s wrote:Why is it that people know how to convert CE maps to Xbox but they cannot share how they do it. Why will they get in trouble?
The easy way to do it... yes you will get in trouble if you tell people... the hard way to do it.... its almost not worth doing its so much work...
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
stig87

Post by stig87 »

hmm but will the easy way ever be released to the public......or do we have to keep making requests for those who already have it...to convert CE maps for us.

Personally it does benefit us that everyone doesnt know how, otherwise the map packs would be useless. Everyone would make their own map packs and none would be compatable over XBconnect or Xlink kai.

The negative side of things is that everyone is quiting who knows how to convert...leaving us Halo 1 players..with nothing.
Spammy

Revivalist Coagulator Articulatist 500

Post by Spammy »

llama_juice wrote:I can convert Halo CE maps to Halo xbox.... but ill probably get in trouble if I do
Just saying that could get you in trouble because people now know that you have the program that was leaked.
Boney526

Commentator

Post by Boney526 »

TactfulCarrot wrote:could somebody tell me were to find Hizlo's map pack cause the torrent has been dead for awhile
Yep I would like this too :wink:

Also, where can I find a link to those blocks used in NMP? I forgot who made them, sorry. Anyway, link?
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

www.game-gateway.com

go there... I have all the halo crap hosted there (downloads section)
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
Boney526

Commentator

Post by Boney526 »

Ok, but what about the blocks for maps? Also.... I think it was called "Map pack," well something like that only downloads partly before saying complete, what's wrong?
stig87

Post by stig87 »

ok...i downloaded the foxfire PPF..but i can never get it to patch correctly..alwyas crashes......can anyone send me a foxfire.map file already patched?
MrBalll

Acolyte Bloodhound Recreator Connoisseur
Illusionist

Post by MrBalll »

No that's illegal. What does it say when it try's to patch or does it just stop?
thinkreddie

Post by thinkreddie »

try this- http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=15351
It might fix your problem.
DECOY wrote:I think everyone should broaden their horizons and learn to spam in a foreign language
stig87

Post by stig87 »

i try the patch all kind of was. The patch is for bg....here are the ways i tried it

patch bloodgulch then compress then send to x..as bloodgulch
uncompress bloodgulch..then patch...then compress...then play as bloodgulch
patch bloodgulch then change internal, and external name compress then send to x..as hangemhigh
uncompress bloodgulch..then patch then change internal and external name...then compress...then play as hangemhigh

neither of those worked for me. It give me the dirty disk error whenever i try tp load the map

btw...i already have a copy of HALO 1...so technically is it still illegal for someone to patch for me a file...that I already have?
Boney526

Commentator

Post by Boney526 »

No, it's still illegal. And can anyone send me a link to the "building blocks" used in NMP?
stig87

Post by stig87 »

Boney526 wrote:No, it's still illegal. And can anyone send me a link to the "building blocks" used in NMP?
in that sense ..shouldn't patching itself be illegal..if i can't patch my own files?....

I just want to have the map patched...wouldnt having someone else patching it be the equivalent of me patching it myself?
Boney526

Commentator

Post by Boney526 »

It depends, if they snd it through the internet then it's illegal. The only way that this would be is if the map is rebuilt, but then you could just send the map and not a patch. It's illegal becuase if someone sends you a patched map, then you could download an un-patcher and you have a fresh map that you obtained for free. You doing it yourself is legal because you must have bought the game.

And again, link for building blocks please?
stig87

Post by stig87 »

Well.then ..if anyone has successfully patched..Foxfire.....tell me how u did it..and what u used to do it with..cause everything i have tried...won't work
Skullking

Post by Skullking »

porkchoplomein i see ur not on, but can i ask u something

do u think the sword is a balanced weapon?
peterblue

Post by peterblue »

How do you connect your XBox to your computer. I'm new here, so can you just give me a guide(or a link) for a "How to Mod XBox for Dummies". Also, I can't buy anything, so that'll probably be a bit of a limitation. In fact, I might not be able to(I have both Halos, and ordinary XBox).