Marine Invasion

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
Wooden Dragon

Marine Invasion

Post by Wooden Dragon »

Similar to my MPSIM series if any of my old fans are still here/remember that... This mod is designed to up the difficulty of the game. This installment for "The Silent Cartographer" Pits you against waves of deadly accurate marines wielding Pistols, Assault Rifles, Plasma Rifles, and the formidable rocket launcher. They throw grenades more often... perhaps too often... And I reworked the blood effects. Try it out and let me know what ya think. (It's impossible on Legendary- You'll die before you ever get off the pelican) Enjoy!
Attachments
Marine Doom.rar
The patch... Duh...
(9.22 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

nice man i love ur mods
Wooden Dragon

Post by Wooden Dragon »

Thanks, I'm working on a more advanced version for The Two Betrayals, just thought I'd give you guys something to mess with while I work ^_^
guardian232

Post by guardian232 »

Nice job WD, I always like a good challenge. BTW, did you try my combat truely evolved mod, I think that with your help, it could greatly improve. How did you make the AI smarter, more accurate, and throw more grenades? That mould be a great touch if you could teach me. Please respond in my post or email me. :wink: Once again, awsome mod! :D

P.S - I don't think that the link to my email works in the post, so you will have to send it the old fashioned way.
Wooden Dragon

Post by Wooden Dragon »

The AI are fairly simple to tweak if you have the plugin set I do for them. Hold on a few moments and I'll make you an easy to follow tutorial...

Edit: Tutorial's finished- Here ya go.
Attachments
AI Tutorial.rar
Tutorial 05
(249.16 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
guardian232

Post by guardian232 »

Thanks a lot man! I'll be sure to list you in my credits when I tweak the AI. Also, I think that it's about time I make a sig, know any good places to host or get pics? Thanks again!! :D
thinkreddie

Post by thinkreddie »

EEEEEE!

wooden dragon saves the day again... lol, good work. I love seeing cool new xbox mods... :D
DECOY wrote:I think everyone should broaden their horizons and learn to spam in a foreign language
Wooden Dragon

Post by Wooden Dragon »

Image hosting? I use photobucket but it's not the best of places... yet it's free... so yeah... Expect Something like the MPSIM crossed with AWM coming soon, I'm tweaking the effects, after that, all I have left are models.
guardian232

Post by guardian232 »

Dude, you rock! The AI are actually worth your time now! I just posted my updated version of the mod. There is also a demo vid. Please check both out and tell me what you think. There is a link below. Thanks Again! 8)

http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=45856
thinkreddie

Post by thinkreddie »

...dont advertise in other peoples' threads...
DECOY wrote:I think everyone should broaden their horizons and learn to spam in a foreign language
guardian232

Post by guardian232 »

Sorry about that... since he helped, I thought that I would leave a link. :(
Wooden Dragon

Post by Wooden Dragon »

Heh, I don't mind in this casae, he's alright. Good job tweaking the AI! Now all you need are some new models and sounds and you'll have yourself an outstanding mod... You can get some premade models (It says PC but they work on either) at the link below...

http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=45454
thinkreddie

Post by thinkreddie »

guardian232 wrote:Sorry about that... since he helped, I thought that I would leave a link. :(
haha, my bad..
I was remembering some loster posting his BS in one of my threads... I hated that guy... oh well, whatever.
guardian232

Post by guardian232 »

thinkreddie wrote:
guardian232 wrote:Sorry about that... since he helped, I thought that I would leave a link. :(
haha, my bad..
I was remembering some loster posting his BS in one of my threads... I hated that guy... oh well, whatever.
:oops: Sorry if I came off the wrong way thinkreddie, i wouldn't purposefully advertise in someone elses post. :oops:

Thanks a lot for the link wooden dragon, but i don't know how to make or apply the models. I've opened up sparkedit a couple times, but there is no way to tweak models in there. Do you save the model and open it up in some other program to skin it?
Wooden Dragon

Post by Wooden Dragon »

I don't know about skinning, but if you get the models from that link all you have to do is inject them over the FP model using HMT
guardian232

Post by guardian232 »

Thanks again 8)
guardian232

Post by guardian232 »

Wooden Dragon wrote:All you have to do is inject them over the FP model using HMT
Inject them where exactly? Sorry, if I ask a lot of questions, but when I opened HMT, for the cyborg, I looked in the biped folder and clicked on both cyborg and cyborg unarmed, (not at the same time) I couldn't find a place to inject them. It isn't a meta file, and if I go to the bitmaps, it only takes dds files, (already knew that, working on bloodgulch mod) but I wanted to be sure. if it isn't too much trouble, could you help please. Sorry to be a bother. I would like to figure it out myself, but I don't know much about skinning or injecting models.