Energy sword weapon & perfect model

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files

Is this useful to you?

Why the hell would you ever post this useless crap?
34%
Yes, this is what i've been waiting for my whole life
66%

Total votes: 29

icon00

Post by icon00 »

could sum 1 explain how to get this into a level (mp)

since theres no readme or nothing, just a quick step by step would be great and iam sure iam not the only person who gain from that (a step by step)

and 3 quick Q's, with this sword in the game does it lunge like halo 2 sword ?
when you go two pick it up does it say "press x to pick up sword" ?
and can you have it in the map instead of the needler/ any other wep ??

Master___Chief

Post by Master___Chief »

PLz put how to inject it to a MultiPlayer map. I want to inject it for my halo plz, Thanks
Wooden Dragon

Post by Wooden Dragon »

Answer to your quick 3, No lunge, it's the way the sword was supposed to be before Halo 2 destroyed it. Yes is says sword, and if you meta swap it, yes. As for your tutorial, recursive inject it with HHT
icon00

Post by icon00 »

thanks for answering them 3 Q's cheers, but iam still confused how to get the sword in a map :(

i looked at the simple pmi tut but iam confused to what i sould do:( iam sure i don't need todo all those steps since i allready have the sword files from this topic, so which steps will i need to follow

and also were sould i put different parts of the sword files from this topic, what i mean which bit sould go in build, new stuff, etc folder since iam trying to do it following this pmi tut please help

1. First, open up the map that you want to get a model from to insert into another map. We'll use the Pelican from a30.map, or Halo, as an example in this tutorial. since
2. Find the model that you want to import into another map, and click on it to highlight it. Next, check the box labeled "Recursive" next to the "Save meta" button.
3. Now, click the Save meta button. Create a new folder: C:\PelicaninBG. Within that, create a new subfolder, and then save the meta to C:\PelicaninBG\PelicanMeta.
4. Next, if you're extracting a machine for injection, like a door, or a vehicle, like the Pelican, you'll need to save the meta for the main tag too (like the tag for the mach of a door, or the vehi tag of the Pelican. Save it to C:\PelicaninBG\PelicanMeta again.
5. Now, with the map that you got the model and stuff from just now (a30 for this example), go to Tools > Generate Raw Model Offset List (CSV File).
6. Save the CSV file to C:\PelicaninBG\a30CSV
7. Now, go to Tools > Extract > Raw Model.
8. Click load CSV file, and navigate to, select, and open the CSV file that was just saved in C:\PelicaninBG\a30CSV.
9. Find your model in the list, or in this case, "Vehicles\Pelican\Pelican." Click it to highlight it, and hit extract. Save the model to the spot where the mod2 data that we recursively saved earlier is located in. In this case, it's in C:\PelicaninBG\Pelicanmeta\Vehicles\Pelican.
10. Now, close that map file. In HMT 3.5, open up the map file that you want to inject the model into (We'll use Bloodgulch here, if you haven't figured that out yet. Wink )
11. With Bloodgulch open, go to Tools > Extract > Batch Extract, and extract the metadata to C:\PelicaninBG\BGBatch. Click YES to extracting the BSP. THIS IS CRUCIAL!
12. After it's done extracting, go to Tools > Extract > BSP/Model Sections, and extract those to C:\PelicaninBG\BSPVerticesIndices.
13. Then, go to Tools > Model Decrapper/BSP Builder. In the big empty box, right click, click add, and navigate to the folder where the model we're injecting is saved (In this case, it's C:\PelicaninBG\PelicanMeta\Vehicles\Pelican\), and select your model. If you get an error message, go back and do step 7 and 8 over again, n00b.
14. For Existing Vertex area, navigate to C:\PelicaninBG\BSPVerticesIndices, and select the .vertices file there.
15. For Existing Index area, go to the same folder as in step 15, but choose the .indices file there.
16. Do the same as in 14 & 15 with the .sbsp file in there. After everything is filled in, hit De-crap these models and build a new BSP chunk while we're at it.
17. Next, in C:\PelicaninBG, create a new subfolder, and name it "New Build."
18. Copy every last file from the C:\PelicaninBG\PelicanMeta folder into this new folder.
19. Then, copy every last file from the BGBatch folder into this folder.
20. Now, go to C:\PelicaninBG\BSPVerticesIndices, and copy the Bloodgulch.sbsp.meta file (NOT Bloodgulch.sbsp, but Bloodgulch.sbsp.META).
21. Navigate to C:\PelicaninBG\New Build\Levels\Test\Blood Gulch\, and paste that file there. Click "Yes" to confirm the replacement of the old file.
22. Now, go get a copy of the map that you're injecting the model into (The map file that you batch extracted earlier), and copy it. Paste it in the New build folder.
23. Rebuild the map file.
24. For original map file, choose the map you just pasted in the New Build folder. For additional files, select the model that you're injecting, and if you're injecting something like a vehicle, it's main tag too, like it's .vehi tag, or it's .mach tag (In this case the Pelicans .vehi tag.). Just those are needed. Everything else is added automatically. Smile
25. Hit build, and then when it asks if any new vertices had been added to the original BSP chuck, say yes, and select bloodgulch.vertices.new in the C:\PelicaninBG\BSPVerticesIndices folder.
26. When it asks about the same thing for the indices, choose the bloodgulch.indices.new file in that same folder.
27. When it asks if it should update the starting offset, click YES!
28. After it's done rebuilding, copy the file to your Halo maps directory.
29. Delete Bloodgulch(.map) (ONLY IF YOU HAVE A BACKUP.).
30. Rename Bloodgulch.map.rebuild to Bloodgulch.map (Or just Bloodgulch)

And there ya have it! Perfect model injection in 30 easy steps