Modding Apps in Vista

Technical Chatter here.
nintendo9713

Wordewatician 250

Modding Apps in Vista

Post by nintendo9713 »

To get to the point, my desktop which held all my modding stuff has bit the dust. The harddrive is fine, but I'm going to buy a new desktop in the next few days. Desktops pretty much all come in Vista, and its hard to find an XP computer, but regardless, do all modding apps work with vista? Can I use Arsenic, Entity, Onyx, DotHalo, Insolence, HMT, HHT, Sparkedit, etc.? Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Re: Modding Apps in Vista

Post by kibito87 »

Most if not all of them will work in Vista. Arsenic does work in Vista off the bat. So does Onyx to my knowledge. Some of the older programs may require you to disable the desktop composition in it's .exe's properties. It's a very easy task to complete and won't hinder your ability to use the program. I think Entity, h2core and h2 guerilla all need this done to their .exe properties for them to run under vista. I'm not sure about things such as Insolence or Dot Halo. if anybody can confirm... Also, if you do happen to get a vista machine, you may, alongside disabling the desktop composition, want to run the program under compatibility of Windows xp sp2 or sp3. Just for safe measure.

Basically, you won't run into many problems running modding applications under vista.
nintendo9713

Wordewatician 250

Post by nintendo9713 »

Thanks a bunch kibito!
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

All of the software you listed work perfectly. No need to set any compatibility settings.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

No. Because of SandBar/Dock for H2Core & Geurilla, Uber Analyze Tool, and others you have to disable desktop composition.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

grimdoomer wrote:No. Because of SandBar/Dock for H2Core & Geurilla, Uber Analyze Tool, and others you have to disable desktop composition.
I was referring to the programs he mentioned in the first post. :P