Need help with capture card

Technical Chatter here.
ThaGreatOne

Need help with capture card

Post by ThaGreatOne »

My capture card has a slight delay of, im guessing 1 second. i cant tell if its my computer or the capture card im using that's causing the delay. The capture card im using is a Dazzle DC 170 and im filming with pinnacle studios 12. the computer im using is a Dell Dimension 3100. I want to get rid of this delay so i can film videos on halo and CoD 4 but this delay is making it quite difficult.

How can i fix this annoying delay?
Last edited by ThaGreatOne on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Re: Need help with capture card

Post by DrXThirst »

It's probably your computer, but at the same time, I have 6GB DDR3, and a i7 945, and I got audio lag.

All I had to do was disable audio playback while capturing. That fixed it for me.

What are your computer's specs?
ThaGreatOne

Post by ThaGreatOne »

DrXThirst wrote:It's probably your computer, but at the same time, I have 6GB DDR3, and a i7 945, and I got audio lag.

All I had to do was disable audio playback while capturing. That fixed it for me.

What are your computer's specs?
i have no idea, my moms friend gave this computer to us without any booklets on the computer. and the only stickers on the tower are the intel inside and the microsoft windows XP sticker. from what ive been told though, every capture card has a delay when your filming and playing on the monitor.
Cuda

Grunge

Post by Cuda »

Start->Run...->dxdiag.exe. read and post the numbers, specifically RAM, CPU and Graphics card (on another tab, in Display.)
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Post by mxrider108 »

DrXThirst wrote:i7 945
Do you mean a Core i7 940? I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a 945. If so, I have the same processor and I'm loving it!

On topic: many capture devices have lag no matter how good your computer is. I'm not familiar with your specific device, but I do know to have no lag generally requires a good computer as well as a good capture device.
ThaGreatOne

Post by ThaGreatOne »

thanks for the help but i know what the problem is, i need to buy some splitters and some other thing so that i can play on my tv while capturing on my computer
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Uh...