Halo PC messed up graphics

Technical Chatter here.
Argetlam

Halo PC messed up graphics

Post by Argetlam »

Recently I've had a problem with Halo PC. The menu looks all white and playing ingame is also very different. I have had this problem before, but updating my video drivers fixed it. I currently have the most updated drivers for my ATI Radeon X1550 graphics card. Something that is very weird about this is that when I log onto another user on my computer, the problem isn't there, and Halo looks normal. I just spent about an hour reinstalling my video drivers. I also spent quite an amount of time replacing the maps with my backups. I also replaced bitmaps.map and ui.map from my CD. I have Windows Vista.

Anyway, here is a few screen shots to show you what it looks like.

White Menu

Ingame

My video settings are all set to high, with a resolution of 1280*1024, and a refresh rate of 60Hz.
Want a free way to get money just by playing games? Just join Moola!
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

I do not like that graphic card. I have it as well and I can't even watch Youtube videos in full screen mods without it crashing. I recommend getting a new card and that should fix it.
Argetlam

Post by Argetlam »

I actually haven't had too many problems with my graphics card. I just made a new user on my computer, and I can play on the new user without the menu looking messed up. I don't know why my other user can't play it correctly.
Want a free way to get money just by playing games? Just join Moola!