(CE) Pickup jackal sheild tags

This forum is for uploading new building blocks for maps such as tags and new models. Please do not post any copyrighted material (ie, models/textures from other games).

Do you like the sheilds?...

what did you even DO?... (and if you click this, read the readme)
No votes
I guess its ok...
14%
Seems so pointless
No votes
its good
43%
OMG!! I have been wanting to learn how to let HCE alow sheild type physics in guns!!!
43%

Total votes: 7

kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Location: In front of my computer.. how do you think im talking to you?

(CE) Pickup jackal sheild tags

Post by kirby_422 »

So, since I dont realy like explaining things, lets let the readme do that lol
Author: Kirby_422
Special thanks to CMT for donating there jackal bitmaps and shaders.

Important information:
The reason someone hasnt made a sheild to post around yet is because they dont have the settings in the biped to alow something like this. (although I belive some have probly figured it out before and just not post anything about them) The way it works is that the "Child" of the biped is the gun, Master Cheifs collision is set to take damage for children making it so Master Cheif takes the damage from the gun, and puts it on himself. This small edit to Master Cheif tells the gun to take there own damage making any gun usefull as a sheild, and sheild posible. (because use logic lol, if you shot the barel of someones sniper, it wouldnt hurt the holder.. it would probly fing the gun away and damage it, but not hurt the owner lol, yay for more realistic physics lol. you can always add gun damage for SP with this MC expantion so it is even more realistic) This all is preaty much saying that the "child" settings are required by the biped to do this, and if it doesnt have it, its just making them a bigger target instead of protecting them.

Setup:
drop the folder Jackal Sheild within the weapons folder like the zip shows. you may place the item collection as you want, it would be easiest for you to put it in tags\item collections\single weapons\ like all the other guns, this item collection is for the MP version since SP doesnt need item collections. The reasoning behind a SP and MP version is because of non-syncing damage. the MP one does still take damage, but it doesnt loose protection that easly, and it is only down for a second to get your headshot in. take the tiff file I included for your pickup icon (yes, thats right, you have to do that your self, but there is a tut for it on the internet, so just use that bitmap and the tut, and its done). Next of all, you want to change the message when you pick it up, since you probly have other custom weapons, im not including one, and most of you probly understand the string list editor. Then you must use the biped and collision included so that the sheild acualy works. just place them both in tags\characters\cyborg_mp\ and go to tags\globals\globals.globals and make it the biped for MP (if you are doing SP, make a copy of the normal MC and make it link to the collision model that is used for the MP MC).

Errors:
Well, I dont realy know many lol. The sheilds damage wont sync online. MC's arm slightly sticks threw the sheild on oneside making it a target. you can get shots threw the sides of the sheilds sometimes.

If you happen to come across a LARGE error, please contact me imediatly so I can re-post a fixed version.

MSN- [email protected]
E-mail- [email protected] (yes, I know they have a _ differance)
AIM- orangegekoMaster
Xfire- orangegeko

PS, dont I just have a way of going on and on about the most simple of information? lol

Secondary download system (if you dont wana get it from the Halomods download system) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LRL02NGT[/quote]

Also, the model is cut right off a jackal, its not edited other than set up for this.
Attachments
sheild depleted FP
sheild depleted FP
haloce-20070508-211708.png (875.45 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Sheild charged FP
Sheild charged FP
haloce-20070509-222240.png (856.02 KiB) Viewed 723 times
sheild depleted 3rd person
sheild depleted 3rd person
haloce-20070508-211631.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 711 times
Sheild charged 3rd person
Sheild charged 3rd person
haloce-20070508-211646.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 700 times
Pickup Jackal Sheild.zip
Kirby_422's pickup jackal sheild tags
(4.58 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
Wow.. I havnt updated any of my stuff here since like 2 years ago.. lol
{SMT}iguana
Readers Club

Re: (CE) Pickup jackal sheild tags

Post by {SMT}iguana »

no offense bu tthis is good!!!!!!!!!!11 :shock:
som1 convert PC PLZZZZZZZZZ
Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

Well Kirby? Can I convert it?
Shadowkhass wrote:For the 25th time in this forum, yes, Mac mods do work on PCs. You can play online together with no problems, right? That means maps are the same. Kthxbai.
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Location: In front of my computer.. how do you think im talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

Halo_addict wrote:Well Kirby? Can I convert it?
go ahead, but I dont know how much luck you will have since CMTs bitmaps and shaders lol, you would have to put default jackal stuff back on.
Wow.. I havnt updated any of my stuff here since like 2 years ago.. lol
Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

Crap...CMT stuff is protected....
Shadowkhass wrote:For the 25th time in this forum, yes, Mac mods do work on PCs. You can play online together with no problems, right? That means maps are the same. Kthxbai.