(CE) Sheild Grenades

This forum is for uploading new building blocks for maps such as tags and new models. Please do not post any copyrighted material (ie, models/textures from other games).

So, even though HCE dislikes things like this, what do you think of it?

anything HCE's physics hate, I hate
19%
its AMAZING!
46%
could be usefull if HCE didnt hate it so much...
8%
HCE has WAY to many dislikes towards it
4%
seems fine to me
23%

Total votes: 26

Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

Jsk1610 wrote:May I port this to the mac and release it? 100% credit will go to you for creating it. It's pretty cool btw.
Mac doesn't have the luxury of compiling it into one map...We have to port it to use it. So where is the map this was in?
Shadowkhass wrote:For the 25th time in this forum, yes, Mac mods do work on PCs. You can play online together with no problems, right? That means maps are the same. Kthxbai.
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Location: In front of my computer.. how do you think im talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

Halo_addict wrote:
Jsk1610 wrote:May I port this to the mac and release it? 100% credit will go to you for creating it. It's pretty cool btw.
Mac doesn't have the luxury of compiling it into one map...We have to port it to use it. So where is the map this was in?
dont know if it has map protection, but it is in this map by Halo guru http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2528

if it is protected, ill try get a BG copy compiled inbetween my current work, and that homework I got today... (some of my default tags have errors even though I didnt touch them.. I wana fix those first, and then I have a certain tag im working on, and THEN I have homework that involves lots of rendering and animating... *sigh*)
Wow.. I havnt updated any of my stuff here since like 2 years ago.. lol
Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

Thankfully he was nice and didn't make it protected. Now lets just hope it works considering I can't us C#MT to do it....Old fashion ways are lame but they work...
I got it ingame but is there a bitmap for it because it looks terrible...
Shadowkhass wrote:For the 25th time in this forum, yes, Mac mods do work on PCs. You can play online together with no problems, right? That means maps are the same. Kthxbai.
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Post by kirby_422 »

Halo_addict wrote:Thankfully he was nice and didn't make it protected. Now lets just hope it works considering I can't us C#MT to do it....Old fashion ways are lame but they work...
I got it ingame but is there a bitmap for it because it looks terrible...
you can always try injecting the bitmap over another one, like the grenade you placed it in instead of.. but you cant add alpha to something that didnt start with alpha, right?... ill try to compile a test map between my work with the old shader, the water shader, that one should work with HPC, but I still have my long list of things to do before I can do that.. sorry (look around, im sure I posted it here)
Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

Ill try to figure it out...One problem though, BG doesn't have a water shader..
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Post by kirby_422 »

Halo_addict wrote:Ill try to figure it out...One problem though, BG doesn't have a water shader..
my water shader only uses a wave bitmap from I think b30(even though you dont see it lol).. and the active camo destortion as a cubemap
Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

Alright, I'll see how that goes
dydomite0

Post by dydomite0 »

can u make it so the person in the shield survives a rocket launcher or a mythos nuke or a c4 cause i keep dieing
Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

thats h3 technology i believe :cry:
dydomite0

Post by dydomite0 »

cant u use a different thing like in yoroyst island, the ladder u climb to go to flag is covered in glass. u can survive a rocket launcher while ur in that glass. cant u just make it to be like that?
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Post by kirby_422 »

dydomite0 wrote:cant u use a different thing like in yoroyst island, the ladder u climb to go to flag is covered in glass. u can survive a rocket launcher while ur in that glass. cant u just make it to be like that?
ive never acualy played that map, but I guess its time to explain damage effects to you. they pass threw all material except outside BSPs. the bubble cant effect the BSP, so it is simply a wall to stop projectiles, since it doesnt have a gap of no BSP, it cannot stop the damage effects, and the rocket explosion comes right in.
dydomite0

Post by dydomite0 »

is there a way then to make the rocket explosion stay out
Halo_addict

Post by Halo_addict »

Newer Technolgy or a massive genuis needed...
CerealKiller

Post by CerealKiller »

FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S SPELT

SHIELD, NOT SHEILD!!!

sorry, sugar rush ;P

C