Model: Vehicle Base

This forum is for uploading new building blocks for maps such as tags and new models. Please do not post any copyrighted material (ie, models/textures from other games).
SFBlueK

Model: Vehicle Base

Post by SFBlueK »

Ok...here's the deal. I'm working on a new base which I call a "vehicle base". By looking at the picture you might see why. Now, that model's not finished, so if the model's not finished, the real thing must be far from finished. Which is why I want suggestions, I'd prefer e-mails. And if you wanted to copy this pic to paint and show me your idea in the picture that'd be really helpful...so please send suggestions in e-mails. If not PM me. Here's some things I didn't put in the model which I plan to:

-Add another sniper room to the top-right section (just like the one on the left)
-The middle, is going to be where the player can walk in. There will be teleporters not stairs.
-I'm thinking about adding two Scorpions on top of the base and having ramps come down the back.

So those are MY ideas, I want YOURS in E-MAILS. I'd like to put something else in the middle too.
Attachments
Vehicle_Base.jpg
Vehicle_Base.jpg (49.5 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
SFBlueK

Post by SFBlueK »

so......cmon gimme some feedback at least.
edgar

Post by edgar »

wel its squared and......
miatribe

Post by miatribe »

rong fourm...
but y bother with a vechicle base i mean if the vechicles are going to be takin (maby make them so u cant use them) there is no point.
that is just my opinion
ThabounceR

Post by ThabounceR »

its a good start but i can see from here, too many freaking polygons for such a simple base, but keep on trying
"there is no spoon fool"
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

where did u merge the reference models for the vehicles from? i cannot find them
Captain_Lag

Post by Captain_Lag »

download them....then import the .3ds (i think u can get them in the CE forum)

EDIT: nope they are stickied at top...heres a link http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=7645
SFBlueK

Post by SFBlueK »

miatribe wrote:rong fourm...
but y bother with a vechicle base i mean if the vechicles are going to be takin (maby make them so u cant use them) there is no point.
that is just my opinion

but see this is a base where every vehicle can be used, I dont know any (regular) Halo maps that have all vehicles at their base....This also has sniper posts. I thought people would think this was a good idea :( and what would be the correct forum?
-Cw-Chizzler

Post by -Cw-Chizzler »

woow inspired make an armory were all the weapons are veiwable behing glass cases and stuff
Captain_Lag

Post by Captain_Lag »

well since it has no dl put it in pics....
SFBlueK

Post by SFBlueK »

ThabounceR wrote:its a good start but i can see from here, too many freaking polygons for such a simple base, but keep on trying
I'd like to see u make this with lesser polygons
ThabounceR

Post by ThabounceR »

SFBlueK wrote:
ThabounceR wrote:its a good start but i can see from here, too many freaking polygons for such a simple base, but keep on trying
I'd like to see u make this with lesser polygons
sure whyt not give me a moment and the model, i'll build it for you with pleasure, and u can even use it :)
"there is no spoon fool"
New Age

Post by New Age »

lol

anyway... its really blocky

TIPS:
1) Turn off the Smoothing Groups.
2) Dont use so many polygons. (learn to use the cut tool, it is your friend!)
3) Add Dividers, separating the vehicles.
4) Learn to use bevel, and extrude. Great tools
Yippy-kye-yay Mother Fucker
halodemo91

Post by halodemo91 »

-Cw-Chizzler wrote:woow inspired make an armory were all the weapons are veiwable behing glass cases and stuff
and make the glass breakble if u melee, but u have to melee it 3 times, and the first 2 would sound like unbreakable glass, that kinda thumping sound
HOW DO YOU RUN MODS?!? owell, ill ask you for help! *asks for help* *gets no repsonse..* *sighs* thats the way it always is....