[MODEL] German Sniper rifle

This forum is for uploading new building blocks for maps such as tags and new models. Please do not post any copyrighted material (ie, models/textures from other games).
Explosive American

Post by Explosive American »

Wings 3D is pretty easy, and you can make pretty much anything with it. It ain't plane modeling, but once you get the hang of it, it owns. Contact erivkarahna on what to remove from the finished obj file to make it work for Halo PC.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
Jsk1610

Post by Jsk1610 »

is there a wings 3d for the pc?
Explosive American

Yes...
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
Alchemist666

Post by Alchemist666 »

Explosive American wrote:Wings 3D is pretty easy, and you can make pretty much anything with it. It ain't plane modeling, but once you get the hang of it, it owns. Contact Alchemist666 on what to remove from the finished obj file to make it work for Halo PC.
... but ya pm me and ill help ya[/b]
Armaggedon Mod Team|Pirates!|Universal HaloMods Rules
Halo_addict wrote:O_O Youre cooler than bob!!(and not an jerk!!)I need not say it...YOU are the new bob
CtrlAltDestroy

Designer

Post by CtrlAltDestroy »

Moved to Tags & Resources.
Si1v3rFir3

Post by Si1v3rFir3 »

Halo_crazy wrote::? wasnt the gewehr an infantry rifle not a sniper rifle? maybe thats the 44 idk looks alright 7/10
the gewehr 43 was a German-make sniper rifle in WWII era. Very loud.
That model looks nothing like one, but it still looks pretty nice.
No animated avatars soz...Read the rules next time please.
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

Si1v3rFir3 wrote:
Halo_crazy wrote::? wasnt the gewehr an infantry rifle not a sniper rifle? maybe thats the 44 idk looks alright 7/10
the gewehr 43 was a German-make sniper rifle in WWII era. Very loud.
That model looks nothing like one, but it still looks pretty nice.
Not really. It's jaggy, it only barely resembles a gun, it's got no detail whatsoever, I couldn't count the smoothing and mesh errors on all 10 of my fingers... to me, it looks like molten plastic shaped vaguely like a gun. It needs to be deleted and started from scratch, there's nothing salvageable on it, and harsh as that is it's the truth.

If need be I'll see what I can do to help out, but tutorials, practise and a more flexible program are needed.
I finally started releasing my works. After 2 and a half years. Pop by and try them out!
Please DON'T bug me with questions on how to do basic modding. The tutorials are there for a reason, although I will help if you absolutely need it. Also DON'T ask me about Halo 2 modding, my Xbox isn't even modded.
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

wtf do u guys not understand about third model. i bet this is better than any of your third models. u guys are harrassing me and my model like we are expert modelers. and hunter, u need to go get an eye test. it does not look like molten plastic, and it is shaped vaguely like a gun because it is a gun(DEE DEE DEE!) maybe you should study english a bit more. u should have said "it hardly resembles a gun. it looks more like a piece of molten plastic." and the rest of you that said it doesnt look like a gewehr, play bf1942, and you will see. I took screenshots of the gun during gameplay, and modeled after the screenshots. I am working on a bren LMG at the moment. it will roxorz ur boxorz.
Visit My Clan Site!
z7.invisionfree.com/battlevalve
Explosive American

[XMG]Kodiak wrote:wtf do u guys not understand about third model. i bet this is better than any of your third models.
Errr... Second model... *cough*
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
Jsk1610

Post by Jsk1610 »

haha. Nice of you to show off.
xheadshotmastax

Picasso Playscaper Visioneer Commentator
Droplet Firestorm

Post by xheadshotmastax »

looks more like a car/bike muffler
guyfromga2000

Post by guyfromga2000 »

ok first let me start off by saying good model so this isnt too much off topic but y does every1 get more post than me. Personally Ithink my pack is better(no offense) but yet u get more post. This I know isnt really a big deal but Ive just always wondered.
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

i respect your opinion headshotmasta, since you are an accomplished kick*** modder. so i took your advice, and i went over to my friends house, and we made two more models. we made a k98 and a bren lmg. i will post them here in the tags and resources section. and btw, i know the bren lmg is bad. we practiced though, and i think that the k98 looks very nice.
Visit My Clan Site!
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

[XMG]Kodiak wrote:wtf do u guys not understand about third model. i bet this is better than any of your third models. u guys are harrassing me and my model like we are expert modelers. and hunter, u need to go get an eye test. it does not look like molten plastic, and it is shaped vaguely like a gun because it is a gun(DEE DEE DEE!) maybe you should study english a bit more. u should have said "it hardly resembles a gun. it looks more like a piece of molten plastic." and the rest of you that said it doesnt look like a gewehr, play bf1942, and you will see. I took screenshots of the gun during gameplay, and modeled after the screenshots. I am working on a bren LMG at the moment. it will roxorz ur boxorz.
Wow, another kid who can't take honest advice from someone who actually know how to make a decent model. Let me tell you, if you think that even VAGUELY resembles a G43, you're the one who needs an eye test.

If you can't learn to accept the truth, you have no business modeling.

And for the record, third model.

Harsh as that may sound, I'm sick of being targeted for flaming because I have the balls to actually tell someone when something's wrong with one of their models.
I finally started releasing my works. After 2 and a half years. Pop by and try them out!
Please DON'T bug me with questions on how to do basic modding. The tutorials are there for a reason, although I will help if you absolutely need it. Also DON'T ask me about Halo 2 modding, my Xbox isn't even modded.
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

And now let's try it without the flaming.

really nice model explosive american. i know someone who can finish it up for you. ill see if i can contact them.

also caboose, i was wondering where i could find a compilation of all of your models. i want to admire them. really.
Visit My Clan Site!
Explosive American

Thanks, but I've already got some people patiently waiting to help finish it. :P
I need to stop being lazy and make the actual finishing touches...
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

First of all, I use gmax. Second, my life doesn't revolve around modeling at all, it's just something I do in my spare time.

I'm not some creep telling you I'm better because I can connect some dots, I'm a 3D modeler trying to help you improve. If you can't accept that, then uninstall gmax and delete the installer. You have no business trying to model if you can't accept advice.
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

hunter, my business is not your concern. if you want me to stop modeling, come to my house and stop me ( good luck, im 6'3 and im 14 years old) anyway, i will continue to practice and i will listen to peoples advice. except i wont listen to your advice hunter.
Visit My Clan Site!
Explosive American

He's giving you some useful advice. If you're willing to pass up something as great as that plane modeling tutorial just because you don't like him, then you're screwed.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

I did look at the plane modeling tutorial. But I still don't like him. Could somebody do me a favor and post a download for this model in .obj format? This model is in .md3 format.
Visit My Clan Site!