Covie Cruser

Post maps and mods for Halo CE here.
Rokai

Post by Rokai »

As everyone else has said, the modeling sucks. But I love the idea, and the elites in the cryo are awsome.
Firedraco12

Post by Firedraco12 »

Yeah he could of done better on the model but the map rocks. You really can't dis the map until you play it lolz. He actually worked for about a week tryin to fix the lag issues and stuff. How many of you actually know how to make a map, cuz if you don't know how don't dis the model also lol. You really can't dis anything you can't do. It has interesting gameplay and multiple secrets. That is including the deathless reactor I found... Well if you would actually stop dissing it and get it maybe you won't all be such ass's...
My xfire is: Firedraco12
ds8

Post by ds8 »

kirby_422 wrote:wana know whats odd?... like a month ago I made a crappy little map to show off a tut I made, people loved it.. http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=63170

but yet I made this map that was intended for people to acualy play.. and everybody here hates it.. wtf?...
I don't like it.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

xp194 wrote:yeah don't shout at kirby. agreed the ship might have been better, but its a good model. theres a certain something about it...
most certainly not.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
xp194

Post by xp194 »

ok, you make a covie/human ship see how it turns out. i will admit it isn't the greatest ship to grace halo but like i said, theres just something about it i can't help but like
Lord ofs skys until shot down
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

still, that's only five hours on the model either way. It looks like a lot of extruding and such :/

Dont belive what nubs say, they'll say it looks good just so that they can be in the next "beta" of your maps. Set a standard... make it a relatively decent standard too, not just like... how the Madness maps are.
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

Honestly kirb, I can't beleive you released this horibly done map. The modeling is just awful, and the textureing looks just as bad. (i'm judeing this by the pics BTW) I would never release something like this, and I don't see why you would eaither. It just looks...noobish and like you didn't try at all. Please spend more time on your next map, please. At least for me I think a month is the least amount of time it should take for onw person to make a good map, if it only took 5 hours you know you better work harder.
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Location: In front of my computer.. how do you think im talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

llamaboy772 wrote:if it only took 5 hours you know you better work harder.
that was for the modeling, it took alot longer than that, I had to spend all the time inching along in sapein as it was rendering hte 30 bilion peices of scenery

(and I think most people know that im not that good at the modeling section of making maps, I can do it ok.. but its not my high point)
Wow.. I havnt updated any of my stuff here since like 2 years ago.. lol
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

Modeling cant really be judged in time then I guess.... because I can make a pretty solid looking map in 5 hours :/

Work on your modeling, you know you have to improve it, so take the next step and do it. I cant comment on the gameplay of the map because I didn't download it.
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

xp194 wrote:ok, you make a covie/human ship see how it turns out. i will admit it isn't the greatest ship to grace halo but like i said, theres just something about it i can't help but like
bwahahahahaha!!!! go look up my work, i won't advertise it here and thread hijack. :o
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
xp194

Post by xp194 »

ok i'm not trying to get my way into a beta or anything. (thought this release was public :shock:) but like i said, there is something i like about it. maybe its the shield grenades, or holo-halo. or maybe its the fact that its on of the first ships i've seen which you can walk fully around (nearly)
Lord ofs skys until shot down
Spartan-343

Post by Spartan-343 »

ya i agree
the exterior is nothing like a covenant ship
also the hangar should be on the side of the ship not in back
u rlly should have looked at the design of a covenant ship
hell it doesnt look human either
still i gotta give credit where credit is due
i still do think its nice
tho spawn points should be spread out alot more other wise its not very fun

btw u kno what i really have wanted to see for so long

a map with 2 ships so u can have space battles
with seraphs and human fighters
and drop ships
mb u can make one sum time cuz i think one like that wud b rlly uber fun
Come over to the dark side.........I have cookies
Dead Killa \ D

Post by Dead Killa \ D »

llama_juice wrote:still, that's only five hours on the model either way. It looks like a lot of extruding and such :/

Dont belive what nubs say, they'll say it looks good just so that they can be in the next "beta" of your maps. Set a standard... make it a relatively decent standard too, not just like... how the Madness maps are.

to really say the models in my madness maps didnt have any effort

i made each of the models in like an hour, but 6 took a day
link816 says:your crazy about those jeely beans arent you?
=EP Killa says: welll, um yes i love them YUK BUTTER SCOTCH
martynball

Post by martynball »

i like the shield granades in that map. ive forgot the name of who made it but please can u add me on xfire: martynball

i want to help you make the grandes look more Halo 3 style. but they are ace. how do u get the secret ship? could u tell us the code please.
M9 HE-DP Grenade

Post by M9 HE-DP Grenade »

I think some people are being rude to kirby. The map is far from professional, but he still put alot of time into it. The suggestions to improve the modeling are good, but save the other comments.....
darkchaos26

Post by darkchaos26 »

Nice work Kirby that map is bitchin i dont know why are those nerds are complaining well because " oh the graphics r aweful" says a nerd.

WELL I LIKED THE GRAPHICS TEXTURES AND AND STUFF

GREAT JOB KIRBY

and possibly WHATS THE SECRET "its killing me inside..."
darkchaos26

Post by darkchaos26 »

MUST KNOW SECRET plz... :D
crackcocaine
Readers Club

Post by crackcocaine »

Don't double post nub cake.
BAN ME, YOUR AN ASSHOLE.
darkchaos26

Post by darkchaos26 »

nub cake wow shows how much a life you have.[/img]
Maxwell-Evans

Post by Maxwell-Evans »

What I think is sad, is the fact that everyone complaining that it sucks, have sucky crappy made signatures.. The map is cool.. I've played it, there's nothing wrong with it. Kirby did a good job on it, a better damn job than I could have done.