Covie Cruser

Post maps and mods for Halo CE here.
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Location: In front of my computer.. how do you think im talking to you?

Covie Cruser

Post by kirby_422 »

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLX1NDD7
readme wrote:Story: a human ship was one day taken over by the covenant, they rebuild most of the ship and enhanced all the tecnology. after many years, the energy cores eventualy ended up with compatibiltiy errors and pulsated radioactive waves threw the ship, years passed as the elites bones sat and sat. the ship is still functional even though everything it went threw.

Weapons:
Plasma pistol
Plasma rifle
Energy sword
Needler
fuelrod (aka, plasma cannon)
plasma shotgun
EMP sniper (only in the armory when you use a certain cheat O.o)

Vehicles:
Banshee (with my beloved wing improvments.. who can have a banshee without purply blue wings? lol)
C gun turret
Ghost
Wraith
Dropship
Covie fighterbomber (threw secret only)

Secrets:
Armory
Covie Fighterbomber

Other:
Plasma grenades replaced by sheild grenades (they do have some isues, but it would be to long to explain them all)

Hints:
w, d, PWN, g (well, g isent realy any secret, its just for fun)
im not telling you how you use these leters lol, thats up to you to find out

Reveiws:
Kirby_422 (author)
Its a nice big ship that you can run around in, and it was built with what I felt was more realistic, billions of sleeping elites (that got broken so I claimed they where scelitons lol) and matenance shafts, power cores, storage areas, ect.
Fox (main tester)
I think that this map was one of the best maps iv tested in a while it has great secrets and a good maze like quality
(MG) blaze (beta tester)
Kirby put some work into this map and He actually finished it! Its a really cool map but watch out for the shield grenades, they can be a cheap way to get kills and get killed. (If you run into a certain reactor you get deathless and get teleported into the armory with all the weapons spawned)
Halo Guru (beta tester)
overall the map was good, and would be fun in a 16 player server, yet with all the stuff rendering, and the good detailed textures it may cause computer lag for some, but the map was fun, had a good range of vehicles, good range of weapons and and the concept of it was modelled well.
TJMC43 (beta tester)
it is a very fun map nice covenent feel and is all over big
Trygon (beta tester)
well the map is pretty well thought out. The layout makes it easy to get trapped or trap you oppenents in. There is only one way to the front of the ship... and two ways out. One is through the vehicle tele and the other is the way you came. This is good for short battles with 16 people, and long good fun battles for about 2 - 8 people. The music does get repetitive and as I wasn't expectin music it actually sets a mood even if it is metroid... which I like metroid music. The textures are pretty good after all the tweaking kirby has done, the halls are flat but it was a UNSC ship taken over by the covenant therefore not really needing the curves other covie ships have. It is all covenant weapons except for the frag grenade and the shield grenade, as well as the emp sniper... good luck finding it... because it is under lockdown. The Fighterbomber is also under lockdown. The map has some framerate issues but that isn't too much of a problem. I enjoyed the map's betas and they seem to work fine. There is one collision issue but it is nothing major... unless you just so happen to be stuck on the rocks... yes there are rocks in the tunnels... maybe they wanted to study those ;). The shotgun is pretty cool too. Try not to hit any reactors... you will die. Well thats pretty much it.
Ricksta13 (beta tester)
it was a pretty good map. i didnt find anything buggy or any errors besides the lag. there are a good amount and variety of weapons and vehicles. the custom HUD messeges are nice. the background music is cool but gets repetitive. the hallways are a good place for shotgun combat. errr thats all i can think of.
Beta testers:
Fox, (MG) blaze, Halo Guru, TJMC43, Ricksta13, trygon

Sorry if I missed anything in this readme, I may make a V2 if there are enough errors and things people wana see added to the map

CONTACT INFO:
E-mail: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
AIM: orangegekoMaster
Xfire: orangegeko
(I would have uploaded it here, but it keeps giving me some "EMPTY FILE" error)

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLX1NDD7
(I would have uploaded it here, but it keeps giving me some "EMPTY FILE" error)
(yes, I know I placed the download link twice, its just so you dont miss it in this huge post)

(yes, I know this post is just a quote of the readme lol)
Wow.. I havnt updated any of my stuff here since like 2 years ago.. lol
M9 HE-DP Grenade

Post by M9 HE-DP Grenade »

hey that's neat, I'll download it.
auerhantheman1

Post by auerhantheman1 »

Looks nice, but the modeling is a little too blocky for a covie ship, and the textures look wrong as well. But otherwise, great job :D

Edit: just read the readme, nvm
Last edited by auerhantheman1 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your sig can't exceed 500x120 and 75kb in file size.
caboose wrote:your toast has been burned, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!
dawv

Post by dawv »

hey thats great and all, but how the heck do u dl it...
the link dosent have a way to dll it.. <.<
Paradox621

Post by Paradox621 »

dawv wrote:hey thats great and all, but how the heck do u dl it...
the link dosent have a way to dll it.. <.<
Wrong... you enter the three-character alphanumeric code (: O) into the box and press "Download". Not too hard for you is it?
Dead Killa \ D

Post by Dead Killa \ D »

thats friggen awesome ima play now
link816 says:your crazy about those jeely beans arent you?
=EP Killa says: welll, um yes i love them YUK BUTTER SCOTCH
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Post by kirby_422 »

im gonna open a 4 person server where I might let some people try some secrets out without them finding them out themselfs
(I cant realy handel more than 4 people lol, I might need to wipe out some vehicles if it lags up, cause I have a code to do that lol)

PS, people, try that plasma pistol you get for cheat_all_weapons, its a great weapon, but it doesnt sync online so I never made it a model or anything else (you'll just have to try it your selves to figure out what it is, and dont just shoot it a few times, shoot it untill its clip is out, it will seem cooler the longer you shoot it, well, about every 15 shots lol)
CDK908

Post by CDK908 »

i guest it's ok for us humans for squarish objects but covie is totally round. there is nothing of theirs that is staight except for head gears. but even that's smooth. but cool also change it to captured human ship. it fits it better but great work.
Signature over file size limit of 75kb, please read the rules.
Don't Cry Just Go Die!
Andrew Jackson wrote:I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.
miwerj

Post by miwerj »

i think that this thread should get stickied and that you should get some kind of emblem for this :D
I NEED HELP
crackcocaine
Readers Club

Post by crackcocaine »

why?
BAN ME, YOUR AN ASSHOLE.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

this is very poorly modeled and textured. i don't see a reason for an emblem or sticky here.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
crackcocaine
Readers Club

Post by crackcocaine »

lol The guy joined today no wonder.
BAN ME, YOUR AN ASSHOLE.
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

crackcocaine wrote:lol The guy joined today no wonder.
Lol yea, that's what I was going to say...

This map looks like garbage. And that's saying it politely. Work on your modeling, make something you're proud of, something that took more than a few hours...

Most nubs would play your map for the weapon mods, rather than the BSP mod... once you get tired of the weapon mods... there goes any fun possible in the map.
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
ds8

Post by ds8 »

I would never play this map. It just looks like some of the box's vertices were moved and it's poorly textured.
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Post by kirby_422 »

llama_juice wrote:Work on your modeling, make something you're proud of, something that took more than a few hours...

Most nubs would play your map for the weapon mods, rather than the BSP mod... once you get tired of the weapon mods... there goes any fun possible in the map.
first of all, it was 5 hours modeling it (I have no clue how I posibly did that lol, I agree it looks like it took like a hour lol)

the only weapons that are custom are the covie shotgun and EMP sniper, so.. the people arnt gonna play just for those two thing... but they might play for the sheild grenades lol, but that fun will run out in about a hour lol..

I though those people who told me it was ready to release where just wanting it out.. (I have like 30 unfinished projects because I think people wouldent like them, this one I let people test so I could see if people thought it was releasable, but i guess they are wrong...)

and also, if you hate teh skin, it was teh people on halomaps telling me exactly what they want where, I reskined it like 10 times, so again, yell at them lol

im guessing your gonna end up requesting a pic of the secret vehicle, huh?..
miwerj

Post by miwerj »

nah its a cool map -.-
I NEED HELP
Dead Killa \ D

Post by Dead Killa \ D »

SnaFuBAR wrote:this is very poorly modeled and textured. i don't see a reason for an emblem or sticky here.
true.. btw how do u get emblems
link816 says:your crazy about those jeely beans arent you?
=EP Killa says: welll, um yes i love them YUK BUTTER SCOTCH
kirby_422

Articulatist 100

Post by kirby_422 »

wana know whats odd?... like a month ago I made a crappy little map to show off a tut I made, people loved it.. http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=63170

but yet I made this map that was intended for people to acualy play.. and everybody here hates it.. wtf?...
ILLEGALcheatsMAN

Post by ILLEGALcheatsMAN »

nice map kirby,mb ppl liked the hog track map because it was a cool race map,or because it had the bleach into song in it
xp194

Post by xp194 »

yeah don't shout at kirby. agreed the ship might have been better, but its a good model. theres a certain something about it...
Lord ofs skys until shot down