the Engine Room - Beta release

Post maps and mods for Halo CE here.
Diablo65

the Engine Room - Beta release

Post by Diablo65 »

Ok, I've been working on this for about one and a half week on and off, and I liked the idea from the start. Now Im having doubts though. Im getting a pretty low FPS now and then, and there's some sound clutter. That's why Im asking you to spare 10 to 15 minutes to play around a bit with this mod, kill a few flood, and give me your 2 cents on whenever to scrap or evolve this mod, and if the latter, what to add/fix. Thank you.

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Engine_Room_ ... einfo.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/22594726/Eng ... a.zip.html

Pics. I wouldnt say they do the mod justice, you decide. :wink:
Last edited by Diablo65 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One day, grunts WILL rule the world. And they will all stay at your house. On thursdays.
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

It's a good thought, and it might work. tell me what kind of computer do you have? And does your computer run insanity ok? (the reason i say that is because i think alot of people get bad frame rates on that map, and if you can run that map, your should turn out file) Oh one thing though, don't do the warthog run on D40, i already claimed that BSP :wink:
Last edited by llamaboy772 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amit

Post by Amit »

looks preety good ill download and try it out for you

i got a highend grafx card so i shouldn't get a low fps
Diablo65

Post by Diablo65 »

I know llama, Im one of your beta testers :) I've been toying with the idea of an AI mod there, but I think it's too vast...

I run Insanity pretty well. I get a bit of lag if I stare at a multitude of explosions everywhere, but it's still playable. about 15-20 FPS, 30-40 standard...
One day, grunts WILL rule the world. And they will all stay at your house. On thursdays.
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

lol, thats right you are. I forgot, i have like 12 beta testers but only 2 showed up. Guessing they don't know what central time is :?
Diablo65

Post by Diablo65 »

Im one of them. Sorry, I've been trying to get to those test runs, but something's always prevented me... :(
Sniper_Wolf

Post by Sniper_Wolf »

The mod ROCKS. I'd play it all day, but I have one last final exam before the end of the school year, and I need to study.

The FPS is fine on my laptop, and I have a 1.83 GHZ CPU, and I have a sub-par graphics card.

I also made a video:
Engine_room_beta.wmv - hosted by mythica.org
IM me about modding and I'll hunt you down and suffocate you in your sleep.

:D I'm serious. :D
MasterChief2829

Critic Blacksmith

Post by MasterChief2829 »

Sniper_Wolf wrote:The mod ROCKS. I'd play it all day, but I have one last final exam before the end of the school year, and I need to study.

The FPS is fine on my laptop, and I have a 1.83 GHZ CPU, and I have a sub-par graphics card.

I also made a video:
Engine_room_beta.wmv - hosted by mythica.org
If you call that sub-par... well... mine is, :'( Well, it's much much worse than that.
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

The reason your FPS is bad is because your useing to many flame effects. Also i think you should just call this done and move onto something else.
Infantry001

Post by Infantry001 »

uh filefront aint working... can you uplaod it somewhere else?
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

use X-treameupload.com
Diablo65

Post by Diablo65 »

Ok, I'll get you another host.

Sniper_Wolf, glad that you like it :) I watched the video, nice. :wink:
(On a side note, Im graduating in... 55 minutes. :|
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

watched the video.... and they seemed extremely weak...

Like... you could still fight each other on that map, and they would only be a minor annoyyance
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
Diablo65

Post by Diablo65 »

That's something I could change easily should I choose to finnish this mod. You see, their command lists tells them to run very close to the Marines before I allow initiative. Becuase of this, they will barely damage you untill they reach that point. If I finish the mod, I can simply give them intiative before they get into the marine line of fire.
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

I say do that, otherwise you could play tag with them or something like that.... haha
SUBSCRIBE!
Shadow_72

Post by Shadow_72 »

um looks nice but..is it a multiy player map or what?

if multy 8/10

if single 6/10
Hi, im Shadow and this is bill..Say "hi" bill. He's a Quiet guy...Im the best modder ever...so how do ya mod?
Diablo65

Post by Diablo65 »

It's a multi player map. Run it as usual (on LAN or a locked Internet server, AI doesnt work well over the net).
IFE-Legend

Post by IFE-Legend »

man this map looks very familiar, not to the single player level but another CE map called just like this...

are you sure you made this? i got the feeling i played it before :lol:
excuse me for spelling occurs, im foreign.
Diablo65

Post by Diablo65 »

Oh yes, quite positive. I can give you a few Sapien picks if you want, seeing as you can (at least I cant) open Scenarios that werent created at your computer.
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

I think he means the BSP maybe.....

yea, there is another Engine Room BSP MP map out there somewhere for CE I belive... so... its the same room... just with AI now basically from what I can tell
SUBSCRIBE!