New_Hallows_Eve

Post maps and mods for Halo CE here.
adolif

Literarian 100

New_Hallows_Eve

Post by adolif »

Download Here:
http://files.filefront.com//;7809884;;/

Ok, I rip content from other maps and stick it in bloodgulch like anyone else does... but sometimes halo-related-only content gets boring. So I'm a person who creates alot of my own content, too. Examples are my Mummy series on halomaps.org. Ok. Here is a Halloween bloodgulch varient with a name based off of the origin of Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, sometimes called New Hallow's Eve. I was searching around my pc once and I found this map which was made by me, in my documents amongst all my thousands of cluttered junk files.

Features:
Not many, since I was a noob at the time, here are the main features:

-AI to resemble Ghosts of fallen military soldiers.
-A pretty obvious "scary" (it really isn't but that is still the right word to use) enviroment.

And...the point of the map isn't to kill the AI. They can't die as I designed them not to!!! The point of the map is to continue killing each other as players like in slayer, while avoiding the AI as much as possible. They are there only for EXTRA challenge. NOT ALL of it.

Edit:
Just Somebody respond with a comment. It can be positive or even negative as long as its not a flame. I can learn from some comments!

Screenys!!!!(These were ripped from a "movie" i made with fraps.)
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (80.47 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (72.46 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
-Adolif
http://adomods.tk
I like pie.
wanksta
Readers Club

Wordewatician 500

Location: Owning Freedom451 Constantly over LAN. Kills:999999999 Owns:943234 Pwns:749455 Killtaculars:5667

Post by wanksta »

bloodgulch mod.... meh...
why dosent someone do hangemehigh or dangercanyon or infinity or something....
and are those textureless things supposed too be ghosts.....

and by the way... the idea that we should play this oniline is just stoopid. because
AI DOES NOT WORK ONLINE!

i give this a 2/10

for effort
Sig may not be animated.
Lol you got me in like 3 minutes!
Oh wait... I'm banned.... well not funny anymore...
[SK]Nick[A]

Droplet

Post by [SK]Nick[A] »

i give him a 5/10 becuase he did all this by just exploitin on his own and learning the wierd things you can do
01011011 01010011 01001011 01011101 01001110 01101001 01100011 01101011 01011011 01000001 01011101
adolif

Literarian 100

Post by adolif »

Ok, I rip content from other maps and stick it in bloodgulch like anyone else does... but sometimes halo-related-only content gets boring. So I'm a person who creates alot of my own content, too. Examples are my Mummy series on halomaps.org. Ok. Here is a Halloween bloodgulch varient with a name based off of the origin of Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, sometimes called New Hallow's Eve. I was searching around my pc once and I found this map which was made by me, in my documents amongst all my thousands of cluttered junk files.

Features:
Not many, since I was a noob at the time, here are the main features:
Edit:
Just Somebody respond with a comment. It can be positive or even negative as long as its not a flame. I can learn from some comments!
bloodgulch mod.... meh...
why dosent someone do hangemehigh or dangercanyon or infinity or something....
and are those textureless things supposed too be ghosts.....

and by the way... the idea that we should play this oniline is just stoopid. because
AI DOES NOT WORK ONLINE!

i give this a 2/10

for effort
Wow. What i expect from people. First of all I'm much better at mapping now....this is a precious memory of when I was a noob too. This wasnt made today. I compiled this a LONG time ago!!!! I just wanted to share a simple map that was different, not quality in vehicles and weapons but in creativity. It's here because I wanted to play it with people!!! I don't want it to rot on my pc. Ok? Secondly, I wanted suggestions, not flames that are dressed up enough to not be against the rules. Thirdly, AT THE TIME i made this....(since this was 2 years ago and i was noob AT THE TIME)...It was alot of effort for a not-so-confident and not-so-experienced and not-so-smart noob like me. Alot more than it would be to me now. Please read what it says first dont just skim it and look at the photos before you post. I found that very insulting. I hope other noobs also find it insulting(not for the noobs sake but for the sake that it proves what you said is cruel.) because what you said may apply to alot of them. When i said give comments, even negative ones, i meant ones that were implying me to "do better." Not to be cruel. AND NONE OF THOSE RATING THINGYS!!!
2/10
I HATE THOSE!!!!!! If you dont have a valid comment that fits this post......you are being mean by posting it. I hope that replies to your reply pretty darn well. ):<

i give him a 5/10 becuase he did all this by just exploitin on his own and learning the wierd things you can do
Thank you.
-Adolif
I like pie.
wanksta
Readers Club

Wordewatician 500

Location: Owning Freedom451 Constantly over LAN. Kills:999999999 Owns:943234 Pwns:749455 Killtaculars:5667

Post by wanksta »

ok ill say im sorry i was pissed at someone else at the time of tat post.
cough* cryticfarm cough* cough*
but you still need to understand that AI dosent sync online so a ai mod your suppose too play online is about as usefull as a solar powered flash light :roll:

im just lettin you know in a bit nicer way. :wink:

score revised 4/10
Sig may not be animated.
adolif

Literarian 100

Post by adolif »

:D Thank You. That was very good. You don't have to be insulting to anybody to make an even negative point. And about the ai thing....it half works and half doesn't.

This is at least what I observed....

The AI instances are not seenPC. Which means there are AI on both PC's....but they are in different places doing different things at diffrent times, etc. This also creates a commen wierd effect where you see the other person's ai as "indestructable" and "not moving." Also you can be killed by the other PC's AI but then It looks like you just drop dead randomly while walking because of nothing. So it does work but not that well.

And like I said multible times....I made this two years ago when I was a noob...I just never released it. So If I ever do make a sequel....It will be better because I'm not a noob anymore.

I was thinking about a timberland varient with crooked scary dead trees instead of pine trees and ghost ai and more features than the original noobish-version. :D
-Adolif
I like pie.
wanksta
Readers Club

Wordewatician 500

Post by wanksta »

i suggest building your own bsp and starting on a solo player map. :wink:. most of the time remakes of maps arent very good.
Sig may not be animated.
adolif

Literarian 100

Post by adolif »

Wanksta, I don't have 3ds max....my parents WIL NEVER buy it....and gmax sucks because of when it comes to "gathering exception data". And I can't use hek+ because I have vista. I can only use default bsp's. But I can make a mod of a map other than Bloodgulch. Timberland, Danger canyon, Infinity, etc. I can change textures, physics, shaders, etc. though. I can modify the bsp in other ways besides geometry to make the map not seem the same AT ALL to the original even with the same geometry. And even though the AI don't work that well online, people need human interaction online, so its worth it. But any requests of a GOOD remake that is totally different except for the geometry.....I'll do it. Hey...you suggested Danger Canyon....I'll mod that. Ill make it with the same sky, fog, AI, and creepy enviroment. I'll add new ground and cliff textures. I'll make it like fall. Vehicles, weapons, and other items will be suitable for killing those ghostly b*stards. :D
-Adolif
I like pie.
0m3g4Muff1n987

Articulatist 500

Post by 0m3g4Muff1n987 »

How does HEK+ not work on Vista? The only thing I've noticed is the menus at the top freeze up my comp when I click on them. Other than that it works for me.
Click to join the best GPT site ever-I recently got a check for $30 in the mail, I've got one for $100 coming, and I only have two inactive referrals. Sign up and I'll send you a helpful email ASAP.
Zod984

Post by Zod984 »

ill try it out, but not on internet.
UnDone451

Location: Here Duh Killcount:476,384 ....Times Slapped Wankster:42

Back On Topic

Post by UnDone451 »

The Sheild Grenades are AWESOME but need to be bigger or last longer

the zombies are too hard to kill

but nice job!!