Misc: How to Make a Video Into a .GIF Avatar

This is where the Admins will put tutorials submitted by users.
DioxideC

Wordewatician 100

Misc: How to Make a Video Into a .GIF Avatar

Post by DioxideC »

hey all. Its me again...

=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
SO, ya got the COOLEST halo video and feel its nececary to make it your avatar...well here's how.
=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
First, you need a gif animator. I reccomend the Ulead Gif animator free trial. get it HERE

Then fire up Ulead and youll se a popup that has a bunch of buttons on it. Hit "Animation Wizard"

Now heres the hard part. you need to have the Length and width of your GIF the EXACT same as the Length and Width of your video. This may take some tweaking. A great tool for converting video and and resizing it is Blaze Media Pro. Get it Here

Once you have the size conflict dealt with, the rest is a cakewalk. Hit "Add Video", select your clip, hit open and then press "next >"

For frame duration, i would reccomend putting Delay Time as 6, and FPS as 16. this makes a good smooth picture. Press "Next >"

Hit Finish and your done! Test out your GIF by going to "view" and "Play animation". If it looks alright, go to file, save as, and make sure you select "as GIF file". thats important. Upload said gif file to your web site, or follow the tutorial Here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
* if ya wanna add a banner at the end of your animation like mine, go up to "frame" near the toppa the screen and hit "add banner text"*

Hope this helped.

if i made a BooBoo, please say so.
Last edited by DioxideC on Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

GJ! AWESOME TNX! :D
...left for good
Doom

Articulatist 500

Location: DHA , SA Team: Liquid Metal Knowledge: Excellent Your Mom?: Yes

Post by Doom »

haha nice tut

and Patrick...

You bumped a topic over a year old good job!

lol

-Doom
Sig over three lines of text. <--- lik wtf? mods make my sig 4 lines of text, then they letz tis slide as GTAF says, and den dey delete it? likwtf?
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Emperor Dominatr wrote:You can bump in the tutorials forum.
...left for good
FleetAdmiralBacon

Critic Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by FleetAdmiralBacon »

XD
Bumpage!

And If anyone is still looking for an answer to stuff like this, ImageReady does it. Much easier... but then.. Image Ready is very expensive..
Everything you'll ever need to know about me.
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
{SOP}Gravedigga

Post by {SOP}Gravedigga »

this seems easy to do and Dont mind my MAJOR BUMP but is there a program that doesnt have a trial cuz mine expired :(
He shoots He Kills you Die!
It was My Sig but it didnt work so join this sitehttp://s15.invisionfree.com/Mods_Galore/index.php?act=idx
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Imageready and ulead gif animator should cover you foor 60 days :D
...left for good
(sccan)dudz

Post by (sccan)dudz »

nice thz :P