HMT: Creating a Super Weapon

This is where the Admins will put tutorials submitted by users.
{sod}ice

HMT: Creating a Super Weapon

Post by {sod}ice »

How to make a good and fun weapon with hmt

1.create a new folder called new gulch and create 2 folders in it named beam extract and gulch extract
2.open up hmt and open up map d40"the maw" and go to [proj] and find characters\sentinel\beam and then find save meta box, first check"recrusive" and save it to C:\Desktop\newgulch\beam extract then close the map and open bloodgultch click tools thenextract\batch extract click the save meta data box and save toC:\Desktop\newgulch\gulch extract. when its done open up C:\Desktop\newgulch\beam extract and copy every thing and paste it in gulch extract and overwrite it all and also paste a copy of bloodgulch.map in there now well rebuild click rebuild under tools for the map go to C:\Desktop\newgulch\gulch extract and chose yes to fill in all the data and click add and choose every thing in C:desktop\newgulcht\gulch extract\characters\sentinel not any deeper and rebuild when its done open it up and copy theprojectils meta # for me its 1609B8C and paste it over the flame projectil then paste it ove the flames #13B1314 now rename the bloodgulch.map.rebulild, to bloodgulch and paste it inC:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\MAPS and overwrite, and play and have fun!!!!
xXxCocoFangxXx

Post by xXxCocoFangxXx »

What does the Weapon do?
noxiousraccoon

Wordewatician 250

Post by noxiousraccoon »

Your tut confused me. Honestly, I can assure that you know what your doing but tuts need to be perfect for most to understand. (ex. grammar, correct spelling, etc.) Also, which coco pointed out, what does your tut do? Because many probaly dont wanna waste their time knowing they are doing something that could be in the end not what they expected. Just a few pointers. I also thought that it was funny, that you have only 2 steps and step 2 is kinda big. Maybe seperating them into different steps can help the people who can barely look at text and get the information provided.

Also, to everyone who makes Tuts in general. I have noticed that most people have tuts that work, which are many that I have tried and had success with. However, when I am doing a Tutorial although the outcome is usually correct, I really dont have a clue what I am doing. For future tutorials, I would like to know what exactly I am doing so I understand what is happening and how it is working, not necessarily the outcome. Sorry for the long post, I kinda got off topic.