Misc: Restoring your original HaloCE Maps

This is where the Admins will put tutorials submitted by users.
smash the rat

Location: you ever wonder why your closet shakes at night....

Misc: Restoring your original HaloCE Maps

Post by smash the rat »

So you have done somthing to your Halo CE Bloodgultch so that u cant play it, or acidently replaced a map or any other original map (not the custom ones you have downloaded). Do not fear smash rat is hear, just read on :wink:

Well there is a simple way to get them back, first of all u need theses thigngs:
1. the Halo CE setup
2. Win Zip (no win rar wont work here) Get it here: www.winzip.com

Now the procedure:
1. Find out where you placed your halo ce setup up file.

2. right click on it and chose "win zip>" and look right to the bottem and you will find "open with win zip" click that.

3. When Win Zip opens Clcik on " Use Evaluation Version" and if it opens up and u see alot of files you have it on classic mode*, keep it like that.

4. Navigate down to the folder called "maps" open that and right click on the .map file you want and click "Export".

5. chose where you want it to go, and then move it to where your halo ce maps are stored.

Congratz you have your map back

* To put winzip on classic mode, when you have it open, go to "options", "configuration" and chose " next time start with clasic mode" Then shut winzip and open The Halo ce setup again.

If you want you can rate it outa ten, but if u cant be bothered, dont worry about it. :) :)
Last edited by smash the rat on Tue May 09, 2006 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
xXxCocoFangxXx

Post by xXxCocoFangxXx »

Maybe this will help somebody.
Kurroda

Post by Kurroda »

Sorry don't want to be mean to you or anything i use to right the same way. The point is you need a paragraph structure so people read it and mb some pics.
smash the rat

Location: you ever wonder why your closet shakes at night....

Post by smash the rat »

Thanks royal and don't worry about being mean :), i dont think it needs pics but ill number the steps, and i think xXxCocoFangxXx is right, it just might help someone :)